Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #57 (2023) - Will Lorenz

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry but what does this bloke have to do to even get on the extended bench?
Get like 7-8 touches a game, 2-3 tackles a game, get constantly caught, trying to bite more than you can chew, provide little blocks, be very “coachable” by Chad Corn standards, loopy 30 metre kicks and shitting the bed.

You never know with injuries in finals but a big preseason and he will be putting huge pressure on the other wing position opposite Jr Sr Burger next year.
Should have played another 3-5 games this year because as we have seen this week, injuries and suspension at the back end of the year can hurt.

I hope this year is case study enough for Ken, North Melbourne in Tasmania, Gold Coast up there, Richmond at Adelaide Oval, Melbourne at the MCG and Freo away last game of the year would have been opportune games to get runs into Lorenz and Jackson - fitness pending. I hope next year, Ken will still be here unfortunately, we blood a kid from this draft early and give Lorenz, Jackson and Lord first looks at positions held down by established Superstars that are getting on.

Last edited:
Should have played another 3-5 games this year because as we have seen this week, injuries and suspension at the back end of the year can hurt.

I hope this year is case study enough for Ken, North Melbourne in Tasmania, Gold Coast up there, Richmond at Adelaide Oval, Melbourne at the MCG and Freo away last game of the year would have been opportune games to get runs into Lorenz and Jackson - fitness pending. I hope next year, Ken will still be here unfortunately, we blood a kid from this draft early and give Lorenz, Jackson and Lord first looks at positions held down by established Superstars that are getting on.
There was definitely scope to get a few more games into the younger guys like Sinn, Lorenz, Jackson, Lord and Visentini but Hinkley is a very conservative coach. Even Anastasopoulos. He likes his gold passes.

Not to be sacrosanct but even cutting Boak and Dixon this year could've paved the way for a couple of dynamic young kids starting to play well for finals.

We still have a lot of improving to do within the team especially regarding young guy playing and improving.

Each club puts forward one player so I don't think it is that surprising that he was selected. The only competition was really Walsh.

About time for a contract extension for Will I would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each club puts forward one player so I don't think it is that surprising that he was selected. The only competition was really Walsh.

About time for a contract extension for Will I would think
Ok that makes sense, as there are 18 names. The GC and Melbourne top part of their jumper looks the same and I first thought Melbourne have two players selected.

I haven't seen a lot of Will Lorenz, but I did see him play in SANFL against Norwood at the Parade, and I thought he looked quite impressive. He was selected in the AFL team the following week, but only last the 1 week. Judging from my limited knowledge of him, I thought he looked worth persevering with.

I haven't seen a lot of Will Lorenz, but I did see him play in SANFL against Norwood at the Parade, and I thought he looked quite impressive. He was selected in the AFL team the following week, but only last the 1 week. Judging from my limited knowledge of him, I thought he looked worth persevering with.

Poor bugger was made sub, did some nice things in the quarter he was allowed to play and was promptly dropped.

At least he's not another 176cm short slow skinny outside receiver.

Could have had a few more games put into him, looks a mile ahead of the permanently crocked Sinn.

Poor bugger was made sub, did some nice things in the quarter he was allowed to play and was promptly dropped.

At least he's not another 176cm short slow skinny outside receiver.

Could have had a few more games put into him, looks a mile ahead of the permanently crocked Sinn.
I didn't attend the game but a mate of mine who did told me it was Lorenz who gave a bit of cheek to Sinn in that trial match between the Maggies and the Vic U18's in Mt Barker last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #57 (2023) - Will Lorenz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back