Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

****ing hell. Whatever goodwill that win just earned just got torpedoed by Rozee's post match interview. The most mission accomplished, where are the Hinkley haters now, we don't listen to the white noise, remember 2012 bullshit I've ever heard. We're definitely losing next week.

On the heat after last week's game - Criticism from external people who don't know much about us.

On Hinkley - I love him like a father. He cops a ridiculous amount of criticism that isn't deserved. From where the club was when he started to where we are now. And again, it'll be interesting to see what those critics say this week.

Classless gobshite. Apparently if you finish home and away top two and get blown off the park in a home final in week one you're beyond criticism. The seige mentality this mob has created around themselves is so gross. Earth to Rozee, you've accomplished NOTHING. I was genuinely happy for them all when the siren sounded. But f**k 'em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was a decent final but nothing spectacular

Interview a fking train wreck
Sums it up well. He was our fifth best midfielder really. Had a few nice bursts to get long kicks away from clearances, but wasn’t outstanding in any way and still didn’t look as desperate or tough in the clinches as his teammates. It would be nice for him to have a stand-out, break-out finals game. He wants to keep reminding us that he’s played in four finals series in six years. Eight finals games. None has been exceptional. Time to lift, Connor.

And how are you feeling about it all now?
He was no better than he should be and needs to live up to his status as our captain. His finals record leaves a lot to be desired. gbear was within her right to question how he would apply himself after his last two matches (Freo, Geelong). I’m sure she’s happy we won but would be expecting more from Rozee next week to take us to a GF.

Still one of our top 5 players yesterday. And a performance that you would actually want and expect from your club captain.

I think some of you are exaggerating the severity of his post-game interview. Not to say that I liked it because obviously I also hate the Hinkley Father-Figure matra, but no doubt considering the amount of rightful criticism they were BOTH facing in the weeks buildup it makes sense that they had to address that together and relate to each other somewhat.

If he has another footsteps performance against Sydney next week then he'll get fed right back to the sharks , but if you're truly using Ken as your motive then prove it again next week and don't just lock up into "mission accomplished" mode

When dixon retires he's my #1 most hated port player

It staggers me how surprised some supporters are to hear players standing up for their coach or teammates publicly - as if there is any chance that the vast majority of players from all clubs would not do the same when asked.

Last edited:
****ing hell. Whatever goodwill that win just earned just got torpedoed by Rozee's post match interview. The most mission accomplished, where are the Hinkley haters now, we don't listen to the white noise, remember 2012 bullshit I've ever heard. We're definitely losing next week.

This is where our players mindset is at with cult leader ken.

He was no better than he should be and needs to live up to his status as our captain. His finals record leaves a lot to be desired. gbear was within her right to question how he would apply himself after his last two matches (Freo, Geelong). I’m sure she’s happy we won but would be expecting more from Rozee next week to take us to a GF.
Spot on. Next week will be another test of his leadership.

I just can't wait for a coach other than Ken, quite possibly Carr, who will torpedo this mindset of us vs our supporters and anyone who's a critic is uneducated.
Like get serious, get professional, get everyone on the same page.

Blown off the park by 84 points to earn a home prelim and be gobsmacked there were critics....christ Connor.

A year or two and JHF will be bashing the captains door down, at his age he already comes across as a more mature and natural leader than Rozee, and that's more of a nod to JHF than knock on Connor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back