Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst bit is this guy had more of a crack than usual last night and then went and undid it with that arrogant, tone deaf post match interview.

I can't believe we copped criticism when we dished up an absolute insipid performance where the opposition had 38 SCORING SHOTS. they don't know what we're about so they should shut up.

How about you don't roll into a final with zero effort and give up at half time you little ponce?

Really? So you have a Full time position as ‘most hated Port player’ that’s currently filled by Dixon but will soon be replaced by Rozee? That’s something to look forward to isn’t it?
We always have, Braeden Lyle, Kane Cornes, Dom Cassisi, Tom Jonas, Charlie Dixon…

The worst bit is this guy had more of a crack than usual last night and then went and undid it with that arrogant, tone deaf post match interview.
We are just so ingrained with loser mindset and mentality it’s beyond a joke. This was great in 2013-2016 to keep the group together, 2017/18 the mindset should have evolved to we are the most successful club in Australia we expect to run deep into finals, we know we aren’t going to win a flag every year but anything short of a Premiership is a failure of a season. 2020-2024 the mentality should have shifted again to we are Young and exciting, sustained winning culture, we are one of the best teams in the competition and expect to win every week. With that the language and mindset changes.

Heck the Hawks did this all in the span of a season.

Aah, c'mon people! The guy has a good relationship with Stinkly, so do a lot of others. That is Hinkley's strength ... His ONLY strength. So we attack the players for liking him? Really?

I know he hasnt had a great year, and that it has let his captaincy down. But, fair go ... He is a really good player, and just an infant as regards being a captain. I want to see him work under a decent coach before I sink the boot in.

Aah, c'mon people! The guy has a good relationship with Stinkly, so do a lot of others. That is Hinkley's strength ... His ONLY strength. So we attack the players for liking him? Really?

I know he hasnt had a great year, and that it has let his captaincy down. But, fair go ... He is a really good player, and just an infant as regards being a captain. I want to see him work under a decent coach before I sink the boot in.

Oh for a captain like Tredrea.m

I just can't wait for a coach other than Ken, quite possibly Carr, who will torpedo this mindset of us vs our supporters and anyone who's a critic is uneducated.
Like get serious, get professional, get everyone on the same page.

Blown off the park by 84 points to earn a home prelim and be gobsmacked there were critics....christ Connor.

A year or two and JHF will be bashing the captains door down, at his age he already comes across as a more mature and natural leader than Rozee, and that's more of a nod to JHF than knock on Connor.
Don't discount Logan Evans. I know this might sound stupid but the guys got leadership written all over him. Super composed in tight moments. Some stuff he did last night was so smart. Have a look how he tackles.

I think Connor is a victim of a strong and dynamic midfield. I'm personally ONLY concerned with how the whole team works as a unit. I couldn't give a stuff about individual performances.

As a captain I reckon he's a bit like Steve Smith of cricket and possibly lacks that leadership dynamic with the other players. He's not really comparable to a Joel Selwood for example.

Think some of the comments are a bit much.

Unfortunately this is only a strength for himself as it seemingly has kept him in a job he doesn't deserve for over a decade.

I can't believe we copped criticism when we dished up an absolute insipid performance where the opposition had 38 SCORING SHOTS. they don't know what we're about so they should shut up.

How about you don't roll into a final with zero effort and give up at half time you little ponce?

At one point during the interview post-match i swear Rozee looked like he was on the verge of bursting into tears as he talked about the hurtful criticism during the week. I mean, how mollycoddled and sheltered a life must you be living if, as a high profile sportsman, you're thrown so far off balance by some very warranted and legit criticism? Maybe instead of making it all so personal, own your failures, apologise to the paying supporters, and promise to redeem yourselves. You're the freakin' captain. After the coach the buck stops with you. Stop being such a pussy.

At one point during the interview post-match i swear Rozee looked like he was on the verge of bursting into tears as he talked about the hurtful criticism during the week. I mean, how mollycoddled and sheltered a life must you be living if, as a high profile sportsman, you're thrown so far off balance by some very warranted and legit criticism? Maybe instead of making it all so personal, own your failures, apologise to the paying supporters, and promise to redeem yourselves. You're the freakin' captain. After the coach the buck stops with you. Stop being such a pussy.

Just shows how immature he is really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee's morphing into a MiniKen and toeing the party line a bit too much. Too immature and impressionable at this stage to be a good captain. Needs to go to someone with self-confidence and a bit of fight and mongrel in them. Basically Butters or JHF.

Rozee's morphing into a MiniKen and toeing the party line a bit too much. Too immature and impressionable at this stage to be a good captain. Needs to go to someone with self-confidence and a bit of fight and mongrel in them. Basically Butters or JHF.

Going to the Jordan Peterson thing was the first red flag

Port fans have always been passionate supporters. I do recall in the early 2000s the strong criticism for both Burgoynes while simultaneously pleading with the club to play Salter and Cockshell.

Rozee has some things to work on as much as anyone on our list.

Port fans have always been passionate supporters. I do recall in the early 2000s the strong criticism for both Burgoynes while simultaneously pleading with the club to play Salter and Cockshell.

Rozee has some things to work on as much as anyone on our list.
Salter was hard done by and didn’t get a chance 😂

Are you even a father? Because that's just ridiculous. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with "your own son" saying what Rozee has. It's perfectly understandable and me, as a father of kids, adults.. It's good by me.
If one of my kids (I have 3) said Hinkley was like a dad to me... I would never ever talk to them again.

The only ones I noticed to stick by him when Sicily was coming back were Butters and Wines.

If you watch the footage again, Sicily is going at Wines, not Hinkley. Rozee and Butters are watching on like stunned mullets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back