Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weak captain. Goes completely missing when it matters, incapable of doing the team lifting acts. JHF is the obvious choice, just as Boak was in 2013.

Nah JHF has been pretty bad in 5 career finals games too.

We don't have anyone.

Like from what I see (my opinion), Sweet is the most captain like at the club followed by Jase.

Four kids, if any of them said their coach/boss was like a father figure I’d feel like they were in good hands. These guys are early 20’s we’re trying to get the best out of them while keeping the team cohesive. Watching SPP walk up to Kenny in the change rooms and give him a huge hug made me realise why Ken’s strength is man management - SPP has spent the year doing rehab watching from the sidelines and looks as invested as anyone.

and yet performance management, not so much of a bloody strength. He's PAID to be the manager of their performance, not their dad. Being some kind of a substitute dad ought to be a bonus, it cannot makeup for "mediocritising" the psychological development of a talented set of kids in a necessarily brutal workplace. to the best of my knowledge no other club's playing group - winning ones or otherwise - make these noises at such frequent intervals.

as for Conor sure correct the captaincy mistake, let's just let him focus on rounding out his own performance, the sublime skills, with all the other things a complete footballer does.

Unlike the groupthink where everyone and everything is shit Rozee was in our top 3 last night. 2 very good goals and always busy

I don't think he's a great leader of men, but his game was pretty good. It's not his fault Boak keeps turning it over, BZT goes to water when the pressure is on, Dixon's past it, Rat never had it, and Mead, Narkle, Evans are backup AFL players at best. It's also not his fault you won the majority of clearances yet only the opposition moves it into the forward 50 with any intent

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back