List Mgmt. Pick 69 - Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s good isn’t it, on that form he’s more mobile & composed with ball in hand, but it was just a scratchy.

I’d love to hear the instructions given by Sandi in coming up against NN. Sandi was 1 ruckman who could nullify NN at ball ups. I think it’s about taking space away from NN, particularly at centre bounces & make him reach for his taps & don’t allow his follow up work.

It’s a big opportunity for him & a fantastic test of his development. He’s so lucky having Sandi around & so are we as supporters.
Make NN run - Reilly O'Brien was correct, NN is fat and lazy plus coming off a hamstring issue!

Feel like we are setting the expectations a little high for Lloyd ahead of him more than likely getting spanked in the ruck on Sunday. If he wins a few taps and runs NN around the ground that will be a big enough positive.

Nic has two weapons: Leap and ground ball...it's the second I want to see negated

It’s good isn’t it, on that form he’s more mobile & composed with ball in hand, but it was just a scratchy.

I’d love to hear the instructions given by Sandi in coming up against NN. Sandi was 1 ruckman who could nullify NN at ball ups. I think it’s about taking space away from NN, particularly at centre bounces & make him reach for his taps & don’t allow his follow up work.

It’s a big opportunity for him & a fantastic test of his development. He’s so lucky having Sandi around & so are we as supporters.
For me the stand out was his athleticism when the ball hit the ground. Good handballs and positioning. Great kick to find a player in congestion and a good kicking action. No doubt he has a lot to learn and will be toweled up plenty but given time, he looks like a really good prospec. I’m a bit excited 😜

just had a look at that Meek highlight reel on Youtube from the scratchie. Really impressed. Good taps to players. Competed well. Tackled well, and just about every handpass in congestion hit a freo player on the chest. Hope he gets games this year and keeps playing like that.

just had a look at that Meek highlight reel on Youtube from the scratchie. Really impressed. Good taps to players. Competed well. Tackled well, and just about every handpass in congestion hit a freo player on the chest. Hope he gets games this year and keeps playing like that.
He was impressive in that hit out.He was against an experienced campaigner in Nathan Vardy.He has been around a while.
Meeks work all round the ground was impressive.A big test for him with the Walking headline playing.But if Meek keeps moveing, running to contests, he will prove a handful for TWH.
After seeingwhat we did on the weekend, I think Darcy couldbe on notice.He has a challenger for the number 1 spot.

There was a lot to like about Meek's scratch match performance last weekend, but of course it was only against a second string opponent in a scratch match. My biggest concern about coming up against NN is historically if NN is getting beaten (or I guess shown up by a junior in this case), he may opt to take the opponent out, as in the knee into Sandi's ribs. And of course NN will never have a free paid against regardless of what he does, yet if Meek farts in his general direction it will be a 50m penalty. If Meek can just neutralise the rucks and cover a lot of ground, it will be a good outcome. A banana or two would be amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather see Nic Nat take a swing at Meek in frustration after Lloyd pushed him off the ball and told him about it after our forward takes the mark, but he misses the swing and Meek laughs at him - much rather that than Nic Nat's year/career being ended in injury.

We don't need that kinda karma, we have our whole season ahead of us.

Yeh, na

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah seeing someone in that much pain wouldn’t be a good look at all
I'd rather see Nic Nat take a swing at Meek in frustration after Lloyd pushed him off the ball and told him about it after our forward takes the mark, but he misses the swing and Meek laughs at him - much rather that than Nic Nat's year/career being ended in injury.

We don't need that kinda karma, we have our whole season ahead of us.
Yeah you're right I suppose I am still harbouring negative emotions about that one.

I think you're all too pumped up over some preseason games, that goes for the Josh Treacy thread too. Take some cold showers people.

I’ve been positive about Lloyd since the first training session I saw him in, in his first preseason but you’re spot on. It’s the same every year - Bewley was Keith Greig reborn this time last year.

I think you're all too pumped up over some preseason games, that goes for the Josh Treacy thread too. Take some cold showers people.
Exactly...

We all need to calm down and just be be satisfied that this year...
  • Brayshaw will breakout as the best defensive midfielder in the AFL
  • Cerra will launch in to top 10 midfielder calculations Petracca style
  • Serong will average a goal a game on top on doubling his disposal output from last year
  • Henry and Sturt will each kick 25+ goals
  • Cox will join his best mate as an All Australian defender
  • Logue will make the AA40 squad
  • Young will finish as runner up in the Rising Star to that young up-and-comer David Mundy
  • Fyfe will be the first player to win their third Brownlow and finish top 10 in the Coleman in the same season
  • Tabs takes another step to take home the Coleman
  • Walters gets his groove back up forward and kicks 40+
  • Freo plays finals again, knocking West Coast out of the 8 in the process
Although it is possible Treacy and Meek dominate on debut, expecting it like the certainties above is a bit OTT.

I agree that the opposition Meek had on the weekend is not on the upper end of the scale, but I think his performance had some merit.
Vardy has been around for a while & has rucked at afl level, accumulating 48 taps in a game, NN’s best is 50.
Additionally there is a 2nd ruck spot up for grabs at WC & you’d think they’ll go with Allen, but Vardy was given every opportunity & potentially was playing for a spot in round 1 & perhaps his career & was pantsed by Meek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back