Toast Pick #78 - Welcome to Carlton Jarrod Garlett!

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the pickups. These silky, running machines have vacuums for hands sometimes.
Garlett has velcro hands and probably doesn't know what a fumble is. Glad we're not drafting hands-of-stone players like Shaun Hampson anymore ... never want to see the ball bouncing off hands in marking contests again.

Exactly! He forgot LeBois.
Poster was thinking of Dayle but.........

Seems like such a long time ago that Jarrod entered the AFL system.
Really liked him but didn't really follow his progress at GC. All that's going to change now.

Must admit I was thinking of Dayle originally as well. Jarrod's path is completely different and after reading that article it's easy to see why we want to give him another chance in a professional environment where football is his focus full time. He could be anything.

Based on his GCS highlights tape, the efficiency of his disposals needs some work.

Has a habit of blazing away and even taking unnecessary risks with his selection of targets.

Besides that he looks like the complete package, he ran a 15.1 beep test in his draft year FFS.

Ran a 13 initially I think, thought that was an area he could improve on and put in the work. Tells you so much about his attitude. Firstly, a 13 isn't even bad for a prospective draftee and is seemingly quite common. Secondly, the fact that he improved upon it considerable, even though he wasn't a full time midfielder says something.

Not fussed about drafting this guy, it's all rather speculative with no guarentees either.

A pick in the 70's in a weak draft isn't going to amount to much really so this is more of an educated guess by SOS.

He has some flaws in his game but has to be better than a complete newbie so it's now up to him how far he takes it.

Not fussed about drafting this guy, it's all rather speculative with no guarentees either.

A pick in the 70's in a weak draft isn't going to amount to much really so this is more of an educated guess by SOS.

He has some flaws in his game but has to be better than a complete newbie so it's now up to him how far he takes it.
like the rest of our picks

Firstly hope this lad can get his life back on track , hope all goes well for him at CFC and gphas a long career.
Speculative pick it may be, however the lad is a pleasure to watch, sweet boot freakishly skilled. If our boys, Pickett, Garlett, and SPS hit there straps concurrently shut the gate it's all over, no team will get near us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading SOS’s comments there, it doesn’t sound good for Boekhorst’s chances of us re-drafting him. Sounds like Garlett is earmarked for the exact same role and may have taken his place on the list.
If Boekhorst was part of our future planning we wouldn't have delisted him. Think we'd preference mature players in the rookie draft and Boekhorst showed enough late form to warrant a selection I'd have thought.

This board needs to dial back the SOS is a god rhetoric my goodness. These draftees haven't played a game yet. Sumner was a former high pick that SOS picked up and he is gone now.

Don't count your eggs until they hatch and all that.
I count 6 eggs.

egg.png

Welcome to the Blues Jarrod

Pick in the 70s. A kid that can play.
Will need a solid preseason but could play games in 2018

No expectations but this could be anything
Well done to SOS and team for grabbing a speculative pick that helps our age demographics and to me builds our depth and might even be Best 22

Good guy, super shy but has strong morals and won't give you off field issues. He even followed me back on insta when I added him haha! A super talent and I think he'll become your best small forward outside of SPS. Seen him do some ridiculous shit in the NEAFL.

Sad that he had to go home but he had legit reasons and despite some on our board saying we should have had first rights we had 78 picks to get him back so that's bullshit.

I wish him all the very best, hope he tears it up. Especially against those Tigers flogs.

Jarrod Garlett was averaging 12 disposals, 5 tackles and almost a goal a game as 20 y.o. in his second season of AFL last year.

Charlie Cameron averaged just under 14 disposals, 4 tackles and just over a goal per game this year as a 23 y.o.

I love Cameron as a player and I think Garlett is a very similar type. The stats show Garlett could have an even higher ceiling.

Cameron was worth Pick 12 and we got Garlett for our last pick in the draft. Another SOS special:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Pick #78 - Welcome to Carlton Jarrod Garlett!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back