Pick our next club cult figure

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that may more to do with him making it happen than us.
I can only wish that he comes across this board every now and then to view the general consensus on him and has the balls to say and prove: "I'll show you f***rs"

You know something like Russell may have last year. ;)

Harks, if only that were the case. Unfortunately it's the same senario now that he was in a couple of years ago and the whole reason he came to Carlton: he spat the dummy and left Melbourne because they didn't consider him in their best 22.

Now I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong and he can find some form, maybe at HF, but I just can't see it happening to be honest. Way too much competition for him against players who are simply better than him.

I think Yaz and Mitch are the obvious ones, but Im going with Brock McLean. Will only take one big hit

I like McLean also:thumbsu:. But to be a real cult figure the fans need to yell out something in unison when the player kicks the ball, lays a tackle etc.

For eg. In the 80's Val Perovic was a bit of a cult figure of the Carlton backline. Val used to regularly kick the ball long out of defence with the Blues fans letting out a deep rumbling 'WOOF' as the ball left his boot -used to really love that. Later on the woof call was passed onto Ang Christou who could also kick it a mile.

For some reason I associate Brock McLean with the Bruce Willis character in Die Hard, "John McLean." Apart from the same surname, there is a determination, toughness and never say die attitude about both McLeans.

The obvious catchcry from the Blues fans when Brock lays a tackle or delivers a killer handball/kick could be "Yippie Ki Yay - Mother F**ker!!":D

I think Yaz and Mitch are the obvious ones, but Im going with Brock McLean. Will only take one big hit

I like McLean also:thumbsu:. But to be a real cult figure the fans need to yell out something in unison when the player kicks the ball, lays a tackle etc.

For eg. In the 80's Val Perovic was a bit of a cult figure of the Carlton backline. Val used to regularly kick the ball long out of defence with the Blues fans letting out a deep rumbling 'WOOF' as the ball left his boot -used to really love that. Later on the woof call was passed onto Ang Christou who could also kick it a mile.

For some reason I associate Brock McLean with the Bruce Willis character in Die Hard, "John McLean." Apart from the same surname, there is a determination, toughness and never say die attitude about both McLeans.

The obvious catchcry from the Blues fans when Brock lays a tackle or delivers a killer handball/kick could be "Yippie Ki Yay - Mother F**ker!!":D

McLane***

By that rationale, Paul Bower can be our

JackBauer01.jpg

Kerr

I think he'll play more games than expected and surprise a few.

There will be plenty of opportunities in our forward line this year, he won't have to kick too many bags in the 2's to get a run.

The youngsters will love him

If he becomes a cult figure the recruiters should be paraded down Lygon Street.
He struggled to be in the top 20 players in his junior league let alone be good enough to be on an AFL list, or become a quality AFL player.
I was stunned when i heard he was at Stingrays.
If he plays more than 50 games i will be over the moon for the club, a bit annoyed for many players that i know are much better than him that are playing at local and vfl level.

There’s probably some rule about bumping threads from 13 years ago - I apologise for being too lazy to check (although I did read all the posts in this thread and it’s good reading, so I’m not always lazy. Perhaps just inconsiderate? Enough about me).

Anyway, who is the current cult figure? I’m not sure it’s obvious. I kind of think it’s Dow. Or maybe Hollands. How about Newman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s probably some rule about bumping threads from 13 years ago - I apologise for being too lazy to check (although I did read all the posts in this thread and it’s good reading, so I’m not always lazy. Perhaps just inconsiderate? Enough about me).

Anyway, who is the current cult figure? I’m not sure it’s obvious. I kind of think it’s Dow. Or maybe Hollands. How about Newman?
Owies is cultivating cult status.

Owies is cultivating cult status.

Gets my vote, esp as he is doing a great job of pissing off opposition supporters and players 👍

In the future, Lachie 'Moo' Cowan may very well become a fan favourite!

I see the likes of Cottrell or Owies being cult figures. Lachie Cowan could have been with his initial haircut. Cincotta has the toughness, the haircut and the lower profile.

Definitely looks like Duffy will fit the bill big time.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick our next club cult figure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back