Pickett out 8 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Porthos
Then which Essendon player has he done this to that Bombers fans suddenly have such a stake?

I could be wrong, but I think there was an incident where he ironed out Joe Misiti a few years ago...

Regardless, it's not an 'essendon thing', its a 'footy fan' thing - don't get me wrong, I like to see good hard hits and can even appreciate a good one against an essendon player (if it's fair, OR, if it's against Bolton/Henneman), but a player that OFTEN lines blokes up when they're not looking is neither courageous or heroic in my book.

Pack of sooks the lot of you... maybe the bloke that does not see Byron coming should open his eyes or maybe a little protection from his team mates would not go astray...

Anyway all you Bomber fans that enjoy hearing Byron is out injuried... great to see your club where they belong...

Originally posted by Rooboy 96
Pack of sooks the lot of you... maybe the bloke that does not see Byron coming should open his eyes or maybe a little protection from his team mates would not go astray...

Anyway all you Bomber fans that enjoy hearing Byron is out injuried... great to see your club where they belong...

his eyes were probably on the football.

But it's all history as far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad it wasn't Welsh that came off worse from the bump.

:D
welcome back rooboy.

I believe there might be subtle difference between enjoying seeing him out, and not feeling too bad for him....

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
:D
welcome back rooboy.

I believe there might be subtle difference between enjoying seeing him out, and not feeling too bad for him....

if it was just a subtle difference you would not lower yourself by entering this thread... just get back to the bottom of the ladder and enjoy it... many years to come we all hope...

The shepherd was was on so the shepherd was neccesary, the force in which the shepherd was made was not. Silly really with 2 minutes left.

And for all those saying he only picks off blokes who arent looking, Welsh would have been looking right at him, so would have 80% of his other bumps as well.

The point is how can you legally break someone's jaw?
He also did a fair bit a damage to a Hawthorn bloke didn't he? Tough guys go in & get the footy, cowards pick off ball players whether its legal or not. Similar to Hamill I like seeing some genuine agression but it needs to be directed at the ball not the man.

Originally posted by Pevers-Legend
Now that is funny schit. Here is a guy who prides himself on cleaning up players, and when he goes to lay an unnecessary hip'n'shoulder on a guy 3/4's his size, he ends up being out for 8 weeks.

Karma that is Byron. Enjoy the view from the stands.

Na Buddy, you want to know funny schit. James Hird who unnecessarily head butted that Fremantle player in the knee in 2002 at Subiaco and rulling himself out of the majority of the season. Karma that is James, hope he enjoyed watching his Bummers from the stands.

Maybe if Essendon exerted a little toughness like Pickett on Sunday you may have not been so soft and been belted by 90 plus points.
You ridicule a player for laying a hip'n'shoulder, Surjan was a first gamer and Pickett was just setting a precedent.
Also on size, it didn't stop Michael Long in the 00 Grand Final putting his knees into the head of a young Melbourne player.
If you can't handle a bump go watch Soccer you girl.

Originally posted by The Floodbuster
Na Buddy, you want to know funny schit. James Hird who unnecessarily head butted that Fremantle player in the knee in 2002 at Subiaco and rulling himself out of the majority of the season. Karma that is James, hope he enjoyed watching his Bummers from the stands.

Maybe if Essendon exerted a little toughness like Pickett on Sunday you may have not been so soft and been belted by 90 plus points.
You ridicule a player for laying a hip'n'shoulder, Surjan was a first gamer and Pickett was just setting a precedent.
Also on size, it didn't stop Michael Long in the 00 Grand Final putting his knees into the head of a young Melbourne player.

And from memory Long paid the price & was suspended for 4 weeks I think. I agree, Longs was a cowardly act but so is much of what Byron has done. The Karma call is pretty much the same as when Dermie had his career cut short with hip problems after dishing out plenty (some legal, some not)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by OB1
And from memory Long paid the price & was suspended for 4 weeks I think. I agree, Longs was a cowardly act but so is much of what Byron has done. The Karma call is pretty much the same as when Dermie had his career cut short with hip problems after dishing out plenty (some legal, some not)
Dermies legendary hits get bigger and more numerous every year.
Watched many of his games?

Originally posted by The Floodbuster

No funny is a loser who comes across like he knows everything about the game and falls flat on his arse.
I didnt know Mark McVeigh played for Freo

Well said Rooboy..isn't funny that the biggest sooks are the supporters of the club (Essendon) which has had the most number of players visit the tribunal in recent years

Originally posted by Mitch Power
Well said Rooboy..isn't funny that the biggest sooks are the supporters of the club (Essendon) which has had the most number of players visit the tribunal in recent years

what is even funnier is they are stone cold last... petty the season aint one game long... oh well... it might be good that it aint one game long afterall... the pain of 22 weeks of that soft crap... enjoy my Essendon friends...

Originally posted by OB1
The point is how can you legally break someone's jaw?

Michael Voss has picked off and done a fair bit of damage to a couple of people too, including a few knocked outs and Joel Coreys season ending Shoulder reconstruction....yet nobody ever says anything about them.

Tough guys go in & get the footy, cowards pick off ball players whether its legal or not.

Funnily enough Pickett wins a lot of the ball and also puts himself in position numerous times a match to be pummeled by an opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett out 8 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back