Picks 33, 38 and 53: What to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any hope of picking up a gun player with these picks? Not much. Fevola probably the standout along with Cameron Ling. Here is a quick synopsis of these three picks since 1995. I have left out the players who either did not play any games or only a handful.

Have included the best and those who played 50+ games or so.

Have also included Hawks players and a few of the recent picks at these numbers who have cracked a few games.

in chronological order:

Pick 33: C.Bolton, T. Clarke (Haw), M.Pike (redrafted), D. Rodan, J. Adcock, S. Gilbert, J. Morton (Haw), T.Gillies*, J. Howe.

Pick 38: Fev, C. Ling, A. Hansen, M. Blake (played 99 games?), T. Tuck (Haw), S. Ried, Mitch Hallahan (Haw).

Pick 53: M. Braun, A. Selwood, D. Jackson, S. Taylor (Haw), L. Thomas, K. Cheney (Melb/Haw), T. Mcdonald.

Good luck HFC recruiters.

Re: Picks 33, 38 and 53

Arrrhh - The picking of Tom Curran.

1st question - do we need to up pick a KPP with either pick 33 or 38 (53 for Bruest)?

Discussion to follow once trade week is complete.

We also have picks 82 & 100. Which one is on Bruest? Depending on how many players we delist we might have more. But with a weak draft i doubt that we would delist more that 4-5 players.

Any hope of picking up a gun player with these picks? Not much. Fevola probably the standout along with Cameron Ling. Here is a quick synopsis of these three picks since 1995. I have left out the players who either did not play any games or only a handful.

Have included the best and those who played 50+ games or so.

Have also included Hawks players and a few of the recent picks at these numbers who have cracked a few games.

in chronological order:

Pick 33: C.Bolton, T. Clarke (Haw), M.Pike (redrafted), D. Rodan, J. Adcock, S. Gilbert, J. Morton (Haw), T.Gillies*, J. Howe.

Pick 38: Fev, C. Ling, A. Hansen, M. Blake (played 99 games?), T. Tuck (Haw), S. Ried, Mitch Hallahan (Haw).

Pick 53: M. Braun, A. Selwood, D. Jackson, S. Taylor (Haw), L. Thomas, K. Cheney (Melb/Haw), T. Mcdonald.

Good luck HFC recruiters.

Haven't had much luck with these have we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will be targeting a few more mature ages in the draft, when do we find out which player GWS have pre-listed for themselves? Would we target Lee Spur?

We also have picks 82 & 100. Which one is on Bruest? Depending on how many players we delist we might have more. But with a weak draft i doubt that we would delist more that 4-5 players.

Which 4-5 players would you delist? I'm struggling to find any. Morton I guess is one, then your looking at who, Williams, Duryea?

We have said that we intended to have 2 live picks and the 3rd and lst being Bruest. This may have changed.

The last one is for Bruest so we could draft 3 or 4 players.

Ins - Gunston, Boumann and Bruest and draft picks
Outs - Lisle, Renouf and delistings

For the sake of the argument
So let's asume 2 draft picks and the 3rd one for Bruest. How many delists does this mean?

On 5 new players - Gunston, Boumann, Bruest, Pick 33 and Pick 38
Off - Lisle and Renouf and 3 others (who do you suggest - I will go with - Morton, Bruce and Williams)

Not that i'm a fan of his but didn't we sign Bruce to a 2 year contract only 12 months ago? If so it would be expensive to delist him.

The only way Morton wasn't going to get delisted was if Boumann (or Mohr/ Gillies) wasn't picked up coz he could be used as an emergency KPD.

But with Boumann picked up, Morton is gone.

So will be 2 of either Williams, Duryea and Ladson.

Milne is goneski but he's a rookie and doesn't count as a delisting.

We have said that we intended to have 2 live picks and the 3rd and lst being Bruest. This may have changed.

The last one is for Bruest so we could draft 3 or 4 players.

Ins - Gunston, Boumann and Bruest and draft picks
Outs - Lisle, Renouf and delistings

For the sake of the argument
So let's asume 2 draft picks and the 3rd one for Bruest. How many delists does this mean?

On 5 new players - Gunston, Boumann, Bruest, Pick 33 and Pick 38
Off - Lisle and Renouf and 3 others (who do you suggest - I will go with - Morton, Bruce and Williams)

Correct me if I am wrong but inst will karowski also on our off list since we traded him to the kangaroos?

Yes does seem Ladson will be one of the delistings - hope he finds a new home - think he would have been great at GWS (certainly offered more than Cornes).
1.03pm - Hawthorn premiership flanker Rick Ladson is not hopeful of finding a new home in the remaining hour of trade week. "I think I've got a lot more to offer... if an opportunity came up I'd take it with both hands," he told Trade Week Radio. He says he has "at least last two years left in me of good senior football", and he will examine his options in the draft if a deal is not delivered today. Ladson is fully fit for the first time in years, and is ready for a full pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks 33, 38 and 53: What to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back