Picks for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

surely too early to scratch him completely, it's all about the pre-season and his fitness

was the highest ranked back last year and will be priced in the 40s avge after discount

If he gets through a pre-season, he'd be worth a punt as bench depth if he is priced right. For me his age is a concern, the lingering injury this season and his general attitude of disinterest.

HMac got 79 today.....was hoping for something abit less so he would be mega cheap for 2012. But he will get a decent discount.....hopefully

HMac got 79 today.....was hoping for something abit less so he would be mega cheap for 2012. But he will get a decent discount.....hopefully

It was super lame of him. I guess the guy doesn't play DT otherwise he would have known how important it was for him to get a low score. :rolleyes:

I wonder who will be the next mid to be a massive premium. So many good young players on the brink.

Scully, Ward, Boak, Shuey, Gaff, Cotchin, Martin, Jack Steven and Beams are just a few who could really break through imo.

Murphy, Rockliff, Redden, Thomson and Swallow have stepped up to premium this year and will be popular next year.

Barlow and Hayes will be popular picks.

Bartel, Chapman, Scotland and co will be a year older and slightly more risky.

Boak won't be, if he was at a decent club then he'd already be considered top 10 DT material, same with Dusty Martin/A. Swallow.

Ward will be an interesting one. Certainly capable of scoring, but at a new club surrounded by -21 yo's... Much like GAJ this year.

Barlow will probably be one of the most common picks, Hayes slightly less but still not rare.

Chappy and Scotland will come down from premium status, but I think that the risk on Bartel is worth it, especially at his price.

Shuey/Gaff will be really interesting. Could both have a breakout year, but Gaff seems to wear the vest half the time!

I think some other guys who weren't quite premiums this year but could be next year are ;

Stefan Martin. Decently priced with great JS. Should get his average up as Melbourne do. Expect him to average over 85+ and atleast be a good cash cow.

Drew Petrie. More a forward than a ruck, but hey, the DP can only help, right?

Brent Moloney. Easily in our best 22. Look for him to average 100+ if he and Jamar have a full season.

Alan Didak. Yes, I know many of us said never again. But he's a bargain and if he can continue his recent form with a great preseason then you won't be able to go past him.

Anyone reckon NicNat is worth a look?

I wouldn't pick Nicnat till 2013 when he will assume most, if not all of the ruck duties, should be a lock.

I think a couple of players like Gary Rohan and Polec from Brissie could be worth picking as low priced

Lock in Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Franklin, Fyfe, Leuenberger

Porplyzia anybody? Only averaged 16 points in 2011 (Injured only 4 minutes into the season). Will be cheaper than most rookies!

Porplyzia anybody? Only averaged 16 points in 2011 (Injured only 4 minutes into the season). Will be cheaper than most rookies!

Picking premo fwd's next year is going to be tough so finding under priced players might be the key!!

Fyfe - may only be a mid
Goodes - too old?
Pav - too old?
Sylvia - needs to get his head right
NRoo - under priced but can he return to 2010 form?
Buddy - maybe be over priced
Rioli - can he stay on the park
Cloke, LeCras - inconsistant
Brown - under priced but getting old?

I have my team for 2012 - no research needed in preseason

Lake
Gibbs
Goddard
Hodge
Broughton
H.Taylor

Swan
Barlow
Rockliff
Mundy
Hocking
Trengove
Shuey
Gaff

Leunenberger
Roughead

Zaharakis
Sylvia
Franklin
J.Brown
Porplyzia
Fevola

Done my team is done for 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have my team for 2012 - no research needed in preseason

Lake
Gibbs
Goddard
Hodge
Broughton
H.Taylor

Swan
Barlow
Rockliff
Mundy
Hocking
Trengove
Shuey
Gaff

Leunenberger
Roughead

Zaharakis
Sylvia
Franklin
J.Brown
Porplyzia
Fevola

Done my team is done for 2012

Good to see you'regiving the rest of us a chance by only picking 22. And not leaving any room for mid rookies. Must be intending to win with no trading. Lakey does a team that could have done that after each year .

I reckon Fev will be a unique for you.;)

Can't say I considered him. Having a career average of 69.3 suggests that he won't be a premium, however should still be a decent cash cow.

What do you guys think of Boak as a unique for 2012 if he departs for Geelong?

If he does depart, I'll have to consider him. However with so many great midfielders already is there space for a risky unique there?

He won't be priced at 16 that's for sure!

He'll have a 20% discount on 2010 which was 69 so he'll be priced at 55ppg. Not really worth it considering he isn't a big ball winner.

What do you guys think of Boak as a unique for 2012 if he departs for Geelong?
Boak's contracted for 2 more years. Until he gets some more help in the midfield I don't reckon he'll be a premium mid.

Some players I'll be thinking of next year are:
Jack Trengove - 3rd year player, will be an absolute gun
Dustin Martin - same as above
Robbie Gray - finally played 22 games & scored real well the last 6-8 games playing mainly in the midfield. Should be M/F next year?
Luenberger - especially if Clark leaves
Stanton - had him all year and was a great unique, could average 115

He won't be priced at 16 that's for sure!

He'll have a 20% discount on 2010 which was 69 so he'll be priced at 55ppg. Not really worth it considering he isn't a big ball winner.

Would be more than 20% if they did that. Atleast 30%, possible more

And if the NM rises dramatically like I assume it will (Rising salary cap + squads go back to 30 platers + general inflation to make the game more challenging) he might just be priced at rookie price

Jason Winderlich anyone ???

played 4 games @ ave 49

should be listed as a forward next year

Depends what his price is I guess, how he goes in pre-season and is he still in the bombers best 22?

Finished the season priced around $300k if memory serves me right? Wouldn't touch him at that price, would be considered at a fairly discounted price though (around the $200k mark) and hope he gets back up to that 80 - 90ppg average......

If Winderlich is a forward then I might look at him. If he isn't though then I won't.

Anyone thought of Ian Callinan? He was considered a must-have this year and having only averaged 62.6 could still be alright. Also, as he was injured for most of the year, does he get a discount? Or not because he didn't play many games.

If Winderlich is a forward then I might look at him. If he isn't though then I won't.

Anyone thought of Ian Callinan? He was considered a must-have this year and having only averaged 62.6 could still be alright. Also, as he was injured for most of the year, does he get a discount? Or not because he didn't play many games.

You'd think he would have to get a discount. Although Menzel only played 3 games last year and didn't get one. I wish there was some set-in-stone formula for the discounts because it seems like VS just make it up as they go along.

That being said, Callinan is a small forward playing for a bottom 8 side. He's also pretty old and struggled with injuries this year. Whilst he would have been very tempting @ $80K this year, I don't think he's worth looking at if he's priced closer to $200K.

Thats a bit stupid... Hopefully he gets one, could be a unique premium if he turns out the way he was talked up at the start of the year on some boards.

Depends what his price is I guess, how he goes in pre-season and is he still in the bombers best 22?

Finished the season priced around $300k if memory serves me right? Wouldn't touch him at that price, would be considered at a fairly discounted price though (around the $200k mark) and hope he gets back up to that 80 - 90ppg average......

It doesnt matter what their finishing price is, it matters what avg they ended up on when determining price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back