Picola & District 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Roar, how does the Federal Government's Steps 1 through 3 affect the season's plans?

With 2 steps to progress through before reaching the limit of 100 in one gathering, surely that will that push back the potential season start date you mentioned of May 24?

Also, how will the league address a situation if NSW and Victoria have differing levels of restrictions e.g. NSW operates at Stage 3 (max of 100 people), but Victoria is at Stage 2 (max of 20 people)? Would the league have to look at a floating fixture and plan for having a fairly even split of NSW based teams vs Victorian based teams in the early rounds to allow flexibility?

Roar, how does the Federal Government's Steps 1 through 3 affect the season's plans?

With 2 steps to progress through before reaching the limit of 100 in one gathering, surely that will that push back the potential season start date you mentioned of May 24?

Also, how will the league address a situation if NSW and Victoria have differing levels of restrictions e.g. NSW operates at Stage 3 (max of 100 people), but Victoria is at Stage 2 (max of 20 people)? Would the league have to look at a floating fixture and plan for having a fairly even split of NSW based teams vs Victorian based teams in the early rounds to allow flexibility?
Stage 3 - 100 crowd gathering provides an expansion as per the AIS rebooting sport document.
What Daniel Andrews does Monday will give a greater indication.

Last edited:

The West Australian has an article today about the Perth Football League (ex-WA Amateurs).
They are starting on July 18 with a nine-round season.
Final 4 instead of 5.
Finals to be knockout like cricket (no double chance)
No promotion or relegation.

Seems as though Mark McGowan got it right with his policies - he's got it so that a suburban league can beat the AFL to giving an outline for their season LOL.

I just heard that the Heathcote Football and Netball League pulled the pin for the year. Interesting to do it so early... Still plenty of time to play every team once and have finals over three weeks and be done by end of October. Will be interesting to see what happens, I think it will be hard if there is restrictions on crowd numbers but hopefully by June 20-27th?? those restrictions will be lifted for outside gatherings and only limit numbers in closed spaces. Time will tell I guess. Are all clubs starting back training next week?

What club do you follow Dairyboy? Have they already pulled the pin on the year? Hard to see it getting up at the moment but you never know what announcements will come out at start of June and mid June...
No my local haven’t but heard a whisper that most clubs are not willing to start without crowds plus all the restrictions are going to make it very difficult. I think by mid June it will be too late.

Going to be interesting if a season gets up with some clubs not training at all while others are training with nil restrictions due to their rural locations 👀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say chances might be higher than 3% after reading the statement released by the League.

I truly hope so. Community sport so important. I really feel sorry for the kids if it doesnt happen, especially any kids missing out on their top age year in their grade.
Unfortunately I feel the restrictions simply wont allow it. Unless the june 22 announcement allows gathering of at least 500, I cant see how it's possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back