Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t be more further from the truth there roar I’m actually very happy. Just threw the question out there as you can never be to sure these days, it’s a crazy world. I’ve obviously said something you have takin offence to, to be so defensive of the situation. Was never my intention. Enjoy your evening roar and everyone else on here for that matter 👍

Haven't heard that one, but I havent heard much at all from Waaia in terms of keeping everyone, picking up some new players, etc..
Only know of Osborne retiring.
I heard they were getting Ben Ryan from Cobram early, but that fizzled out and keeping pretty much everyone including Holland

Not a bad return to footy for Osbourne, kicking 6 in the grand final and winning that flag he has been chasing. I wish he all the best in retirement

He was often the villain in some of the league he played in but it’s always come back that he was a good player for a long time.

Last edited:
Tungamah has announced a few signings from Mul where one of the co-coaches played last year.
Katty posted 4 new signings from Spotswood unsure of the link but they sound like decent players with some having interleague/VFL experience
Katandra just had a lot of re-signings and lost a couple more to the GV sides United and Shepp Bears.
Picola seems to have got a few players from the Echuca, Tatura and surrounding areas, but lost a couple as well out to Shepp East.
Katunga still quiet there.
Rennie mostly re-signings and picked up some from Mul and local area.
Strathy lost a couple it seems, is Sidebottom going around again there? picked up some as well from Cobram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently wanted to meet with other presidents of the league with out a certain person in attendance and it didn’t go down to well. I may be wrong on that front but that’s the info I have heard around the area
Sorry I should’ve said gathering not meeting

Apparently wanted to meet with other presidents of the league with out a certain person in attendance and it didn’t go down to well. I may be wrong on that front but that’s the info I have heard around the area
That’s a version that appears to have been supplied to The Weekly Times .
The said meeting occurred and 2 clubs apparently turned up .

Any idea on who the other clubs were roar
Heard rumours , keeping in mind there was a rumour apparently being spread prior , that 12+ clubs had 100% committed and the rest were an apology due to prior commitments .
Person attempting to organise appears to have been ex employee ?

Last edited:
Heard rumours , keeping in mind there was a rumour apparently being spread prior , that 12+ clubs had 100% committed and the rest were an apology due to prior commitments .
Person attempting to organise appears to have been ex employee ?

I wonder if the league made the decision based on clubs vote to affiliate or not to

Would be interesting to know. We know of at least one club that publicly said they wanted to affiliate and they have been told to go and sit in the corner.

I'm guessing the league didn't sign the affiliation based on the silence and the fact the deadline was four days ago.

AFLGM would have been shouting it from the rooftops if they did sign and the Shepp News website has had no update since its original article last Thursday.

Would be interesting to know. We know of at least one club that publicly said they wanted to affiliate and they have been told to go and sit in the corner.

I'm guessing the league didn't sign the affiliation based on the silence and the fact the deadline was four days ago.

AFLGM would have been shouting it from the rooftops if they did sign and the Shepp News website has had no update since its original article last Thursday.
League didn't affiliate. AFL GM has apparently lined up a meeting with clubs for this week

I wonder if the league made the decision based on clubs vote to affiliate or

I find it staggering the way tocumwal have been suspended for stating they want to be affiliated. It’s an absolute disgrace and I hope that the matter gets solved asap. Maybe every club should just become yes men. It seems it’s either someone’s way or the Highway

Shepp News article last Thursday:

View attachment 1558539
Believe the league were notified from Tocumwal after they had notified Tocumwal that they knew the meeting was occurring .
Interesting that the notice of meeting stated , or words to the affect , that they were aware that there were things in the affiliation agreement that the league wouldn’t agree to , yet the league hadn’t received a proposed affiliation agreement ?
Likewise that clubs were allegedly called by same individual the day of the league meeting last week to discuss a meeting @ Toc this week ‘ with the backing of the AFL ‘. ???????

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back