Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m pretty sure they would have things sorted and wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t come back stronger than this year

You would think so.

Early stages but I would say tunga and waaia the teams to beat

I have heard strathmerton losing a few so they might drop off a bit aswell as katy
Hopefully katunga continue on

You would think so.

Early stages but I would say tunga and waaia the teams to beat

I have heard strathmerton losing a few so they might drop off a bit aswell as katy
Hopefully katunga continue on
Any names at this stage to join Tunga and Waaia?

Strathy and Katty were on the older side know of some of the players departing those sides?

Katunga have some good youth which helps and they keep them and top up a little have shown they can match it really with the top 4 in finals.

Any names at this stage to join Tunga and Waaia?

Strathy and Katty were on the older side know of some of the players departing those sides?

Katunga have some good youth which helps and they keep them and top up a little have shown they can match it really with the top 4 in finals.

No idea about the grand finalists

Katty to fall away big time

Strathy will load up again with a home GF

Katunga building something if they can retain their 🌟 s

Reading on the Goulburn Valley page that Shepp Bears have regained some of their players from the year they won the flag.
From Katandra - Jonty Wardle and Luke Smith potentially. Plus Katandra's coach Herbert has signed on at Bears.
With Waaia's Ash Holland mentioned also as a potential return to the Bears.

Leaves a big hole those 3 outs for Katandra they would nearly be their best 3 players?

Tungamah have signed co coaches too.
Ferguson and John’s from Mulwala.

Last edited:
Did a look around at some of the social media pages for the clubs to see any ins/outs few signings amongst the league.

Tungamah - seemed to resign a heap with new co-coaches Ferguson and Johns, picked up a couple from Mul and other local leagues look like will be strong again.
Waaia- nothing of note
Strathy - nothing of note - has a coach been announced was it Looby?
Katandra - couple of outs in Wardle and Herbert, plenty of re-signings no new recruits posted - Whos coaching them?
Katunga - new assistant in Crowther already playing there, no new recruits posted.
Katty - signed 3 from Barooga where coach is from, Lost some with Wrights, Riordan and Buzza outs.
Jerildere - re-signed a fair few, new coach Matt Carroll from O&M
Rennie - nothing of note
Picola - posted plenty of re-signings, few returning players as well plus some recruits seem to have been the busiest of the clubs I could find.
Toc - nothing of note
Yarroweyah - Tom Scott announced as coach so you'd think they will need to recruit a few to have a 1s team again.
Blighty - nothing of note
Deni Rovers - nothing of note
Mathoura - nothing of note

Do all clubs now have coaches locked in besides Katandra for 2023?

Did a look around at some of the social media pages for the clubs to see any ins/outs few signings amongst the league.

Tungamah - seemed to resign a heap with new co-coaches Ferguson and Johns, picked up a couple from Mul and other local leagues look like will be strong again.
Waaia- nothing of note
Strathy - nothing of note - has a coach been announced was it Looby?
Katandra - couple of outs in Wardle and Herbert, plenty of re-signings no new recruits posted - Whos coaching them?
Katunga - new assistant in Crowther already playing there, no new recruits posted.
Katty - signed 3 from Barooga where coach is from, Lost some with Wrights, Riordan and Buzza outs.
Jerildere - re-signed a fair few, new coach Matt Carroll from O&M
Rennie - nothing of note
Picola - posted plenty of re-signings, few returning players as well plus some recruits seem to have been the busiest of the clubs I could find.
Toc - nothing of note
Yarroweyah - Tom Scott announced as coach so you'd think they will need to recruit a few to have a 1s team again.
Blighty - nothing of note
Deni Rovers - nothing of note
Mathoura - nothing of note

Do all clubs now have coaches locked in besides Katandra for 2023?

From what I know I can add that;
Tungamah is losing very little and adding a fair bit.
Strathy bringing back some locals and adding some new players. Looby co-coach again
Katty losing alot more than they are gaining and look to be the big slider
Picola will be a massive improver with more recruits to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strathy bringing back some locals and adding some new players. Looby co-coach again
Add Poole, Woodcock Horsburgh out of Katty The later 2 retiring & Poole likely at Congupna

Add Poole, Woodcock Horsburgh out of Katty The later 2 retiring & Poole likely at Congupna
Kati loosing majority of their top 10 from this seasons b&f Poole, Devine woodcock Buzza Riordan Gleeson Horsbourough Bray Wright Dickason . But have some solid replacements on the go

Luke smith to coach katandra

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kati loosing majority of their top 10 from this seasons b&f Poole, Devine woodcock Buzza Riordan Gleeson Horsbourough Bray Wright Dickason . But have some solid replacements on the go
Katty don't replace them with some quality they would be in the bottom 4, there 2s weren't great this year as well.

Katandra having Smith coach is great for them, he would have some connections as has played some good standard of footy.

Any word on other top 4 teams recruits for Waaia and Strathy?

Katty don't replace them with some quality they would be in the bottom 4, there 2s weren't great this year as well.

Katandra having Smith coach is great for them, he would have some connections as has played some good standard of footy.

Any word on other top 4 teams recruits for Waaia and Strathy?

Possibly some Cobram players on the move ? Hoban , Mcormick rumoured to strathy and waaia you’d think Tom Scott would be able to lure some ex team mates too yarraweah aswell katandra could build something decent under smith surely

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back