Picola & District FL NW 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Roar just wondering if the league has had another meeting & where the Interleague situation is upto?? Just intersted as time is getting a move on & not much has been put out there & for the league team/s to be competitive 1 would think a decision would need to be made by the league on their direction in the very near future?? Cheers

There's been a few clearances go through now so what's everyones thought early

Interesting to see Jimmy Daniel get a clearance to Strathy, played all his career at the Hoppers, new coach must have had some pulling power to get him and Mitch Shannon down the road. Big loss for the Hoppers but a good get for Strathy. They seem to have been very active in the offseason with a few from Katunga also?

Interesting to see Jimmy Daniel get a clearance to Strathy, played all his career at the Hoppers, new coach must have had some pulling power to get him and Mitch Shannon down the road. Big loss for the Hoppers but a good get for Strathy. They seem to have been very active in the offseason with a few from Katunga also?

Yes did find that pretty interesting that jimmy Daniels has gone to the dogs could be a big lost for the hoppers by the look of things strathy has been very busy recruited this could be a year where strathy might push them back up into the top 5

With the north west being so even it don't take to many recruits to be 7th to top !
Don't forget Strathy were 2010 premiers .
Shapes as a nice year with the expected recruits at Strathy and Blighty, and the natural development of youngsters from the reigning priemers Berrigan, Jerilderie and the Rovers ?

& the loss of their ruckman Clarke & the un-confirmed loss of arguably their best player Lucas Olson, but the hoppers usual find some good recruits late....

I see "ROAR" posted on the SW league page that the interleague coaches have been announced as their will be a side for each comp... NW interleague coach is Josh Bode & the SW interleague coach is Leigh Ramsdale. A couple of very good choices there...

WILTY or Charles Mac is Bodey going to be a playing or non playing interleague coach??

I see "ROAR" posted on the SW league page that the interleague coaches have been announced as their will be a side for each comp... NW interleague coach is Josh Bode & the SW interleague coach is Leigh Ramsdale. A couple of very good choices there...

WILTY or Charles Mac is Bodey going to be a playing or non playing interleague coach??

If form warrants selction will be playing.

Yep its a battle at the moment. hope we can get a side on the paddock because a 7 team comp wouldnt work.

A 7 side comp doesn't appeal to me at all.

If it is that serious, and I am assuming from your comment and story in the paper that it is drastic, then just throwing this out there but have the committee considered approaching Hay. Hay want into PDFL, they won't get in due to their location. But if you were to merge the two clubs and play home games against Vic at Mathaz and home games against NSW clubs at Hay it may work?? What's the alternative no Mathaz at all, Hay continually poaching out of Deni paying ridiculous money that puts player values totally out of whack? I know it would be a bit more complicated than I just made it look but unless things change drastically for Mathaz across the board re their teams, senior and junior, then we will be stuck with a 7 team comp this season. Hay have good junior numbers, well assume they still do, which would be very welcome. One less side fishing out of the Deni talent pool may help get payments under control a little as well and two smallish towns still have a club to follow and kids getting a game of Aussie Rules??

Yep its a battle at the moment. hope we can get a side on the paddock because a 7 team comp wouldnt work.

Mitchy, without sticking my nose in how are things going ? There are a few anxious people around the league that are worrying a little. We need you blokes on the park, as you said a 7 team comp wont work. Even though Deni and Mathoura hate each other on the field i would much rather head down the road 30 km and play a game against that has some real feel and rivalry to it than travel to shep and play a bunch of blokes that dont even know where deni is. Have you had a crisis meeting ? Set any dates as to when you speak to the league about the lack of players. I think Tocumal are going through the same problem at the moment with only 13 players on their roster. Worrying times for footy.

If form warrants selction will be playing.

Cheers Mac! So have u already got a pre selection team lined up or u guna wait till season starts??;):D

I think if possible, getting out to see some of the teams praccy matches would be a good way to get an early indication as it would be hard to see most players once the season starts as u will only play about 5 sides I think before the game, so u'll prob have 2 rely on what u hear? This only relates to form as u would know most players from over the years anyway.... Well done & good luck with it:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Mac! So have u already got a pre selection team lined up or u guna wait till season starts??;):D

I think if possible, getting out to see some of the teams praccy matches would be a good way to get an early indication as it would be hard to see most players once the season starts as u will only play about 5 sides I think before the game, so u'll prob have 2 rely on what u hear? This only relates to form as u would know most players from over the years anyway.... Well done & good luck with it:thumbsu:

Cheers.
Yer the plan is to have a selector from Strathy, Blighty and either Yarra or Jerlidere. That way one of the selction committee will see everyone play by round 3, giving everyone a chance to impress. Have been in contact with a few coaches about practice matches and will be going to see a few, especially those couple of sides that have recruited outside the league. Without a huge player turnover in our league we can have a general idea of who might be in the sqaud. It would be interesting though if a few wanted to have a go at putting a side together.

Cheers.
Yer the plan is to have a selector from Strathy, Blighty and either Yarra or Jerlidere. That way one of the selction committee will see everyone play by round 3, giving everyone a chance to impress. Have been in contact with a few coaches about practice matches and will be going to see a few, especially those couple of sides that have recruited outside the league. Without a huge player turnover in our league we can have a general idea of who might be in the sqaud. It would be interesting though if a few wanted to have a go at putting a side together.

I think u've got it sorted there with the selection committee, good idea & I think its good that a few of the clubs are wanting to be involved (if thats the case) as it being a league game the more clubs that help out the better the end result would be I'd think?? Yeah would be hard to pick a side at the moment untill u can get a fair idea on who's coming in, staying & going?? So there will be a few extra eyes on clearances i'm guessing......:thumbsu:

Mitchy, without sticking my nose in how are things going ? There are a few anxious people around the league that are worrying a little. We need you blokes on the park, as you said a 7 team comp wont work. Even though Deni and Mathoura hate each other on the field i would much rather head down the road 30 km and play a game against that has some real feel and rivalry to it than travel to shep and play a bunch of blokes that dont even know where deni is. Have you had a crisis meeting ? Set any dates as to when you speak to the league about the lack of players. I think Tocumal are going through the same problem at the moment with only 13 players on their roster. Worrying times for footy.

It's a battle mate, I think at last count we were at 18 from last years team gone, we haven't had many on the track so unless about 20 new blokes come wandering out of the Forrest in the next week or so it will be tough.

It's a battle mate, I think at last count we were at 18 from last years team gone, we haven't had many on the track so unless about 20 new blokes come wandering out of the Forrest in the next week or so it will be tough.

Any clear reasons to the huge loss of players?

Well hopefully u's can get a team on the park as it's always a good battle playing against the timbercutters!! Good luck & all the best....:thumbsu:

Wonder if Mathoura could possibly look to some Murray League clubs who may have good numbers either in, or coming out of thirds, who may be able to gain some senior experience. eg. Echuca, Moama or Rams. Have the committee been helping the coaching staff in that regard? 7 teams would be a poor result for the league, especially from such a competitive club. Maybe new committee, start with some fresh blood and work hard for a couple of seasons. Surely too proud a club to finish like Wunghnu.

Have heard Wakool have poached quite a few and for big coin!! Really sad if true as they are in pretty desperate for numbers as well. Maybe a long term solution could be for these two clubs to consider working together?

SERIOUSLY, Who looks after the picola league website?? Is it just sporting pulse or do they just set it up & the league look after it from there?? The clearance page is an absolute disgrace & i'm sick of it never being updated! Today is the 19th & its last clearance was on the 12th!!! But if u go to other leagues they are updated regularly & also have clearances to & from the picola league during this week so if they are registered in other leagues why aren't they updated in ours??? Who's ever job it is u take on a responibility atleast TRY to maintain it!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Have heard Wakool have poached quite a few and for big coin!! Really sad if true as they are in pretty desperate for numbers as well. Maybe a long term solution could be for these two clubs to consider working together?

5 players all up only 3 played seniors all year the other 2 were in and out only played a hand full of senior games,

SERIOUSLY, Who looks after the picola league website?? Is it just sporting pulse or do they just set it up & the league look after it from there?? The clearance page is an absolute disgrace & i'm sick of it never being updated! Today is the 19th & its last clearance was on the 12th!!! But if u go to other leagues they are updated regularly & also have clearances to & from the picola league during this week so if they are registered in other leagues why aren't they updated in ours??? Who's ever job it is u take on a responibility atleast TRY to maintain it!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Think this could be a sporting pulse glitch for our leagues website. I logged into our club sporting pulse details and all players clearances have been approved all the way through the system, but showing as pending on clearance list general public see on PDFL website. In short everyone is doing their job just isnt showing up properly at this stage.

Think this could be a sporting pulse glitch for our leagues website. I logged into our club sporting pulse details and all players clearances have been approved all the way through the system, but showing as pending on clearance list general public see on PDFL website. In short everyone is doing their job just isnt showing up properly at this stage.

Yeah cheers WILTY, So our league people are on top of it, just sporting pulses system letting us down again as it has done in the past!! Guess we'll just have to waite for an update....

Yeah cheers WILTY, So our league people are on top of it, just sporting pulses system letting us down again as it has done in the past!! Guess we'll just have to waite for an update....

No worries Mover, I have emailed league just in case they havent spotted it yet. You are right has happened before and best to fix it now, as people get a bit more "anxious" about clearances the closer we are to season start. Can be a challenge to convince someone you have cleared them when the site says you havent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back