Picola & District FL NW 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorman wont be back at berrigan during the 2012 season i can tell you that right now

No Fev round 1 Tough. Is he trying anything to have the decision overturned by AFL victoria ? How is Will going? Both starters for the big Easter game ??

On another note. I hear big Bunge is off to Moama. With all the recruits that Strathy have gained, loosing both ruckman is a huge loss.

What about Berrigan. Runners up in 2009,shock loss in 2010 prelim and surprise premiers in 2011. Major loss in Gorman(may i add, mite well return before july if he cant make the grade at O&M.) Have they still got Yellard ? Lost a coulple of regular seniors, but have picked up coach Hoggard, Tim Cooper is back as is Kris Bedford.

I dont know much more about their losses and gains, but if this is the scenario, the Saints must rank as the ones to beat again. Same applies to Jerilderie.... I feel they will still be a major competitor and from all reports,Strathy and Blighty will be up there.

Anyway, its good stuff to talk and predict things, .....The results come in game days.
Looking forward to a good season.

The Saints look to of lost around 8 or 9 Granny Players and the romour is that Jerilderie has lost the same and only have picked up a couple to cover them.
but the seasons not started yet so we will see what runs out in the first week.

Im tipping Strathy as the team we will all be chasing.

The Saints look to of lost around 8 or 9 Granny Players and the romour is that Jerilderie has lost the same and only have picked up a couple to cover them.
but the seasons not started yet so we will see what runs out in the first week.

Im tipping Strathy as the team we will all be chasing.

The magic frog, thanks for that info. Apart from the recruits i Mentioned, have the Saints picked up any others . (private message maybe)
cheers.

coming into the season is there any late recruits that have signed anywhere?
my predicitions for the up coming season are;
blighty,berrigan,yarroweyah,strathy,deni,jerilderie,picola and mathoura
league medal ; keegan oliver
league goalkicking; downie

Premiers- Blighty
R/up- Deni
Rest of top 5- berrigan, Jerilderie and strathy
Medal- Berrigan coach (hoggard I think)
Goal kicker- Lumbar

Premiers - Strathy
R/up - Blighty
Rest - Berrigan, Jerrilderie, Deni
Medal - Luke Carter
Goal Kicker - Downie

Ha ha bit one eyed i know, but in all seriousness i would expect strathy to be in the top 5. Recruiting has been good, but dissapointing to loose big man Jye Bunge to Moama. A great improvment in our midfielders rotation with the likes of daniels, shannon, iddles,scolly, regazzini to name a few coming in. With a good target like S.Downie up forward should be in for a better year than last year. Great start tonight with strathy confortably beating barooga in the night series by 5 or 6 goals. (Although I believe the Barooga side was made up of mostly reserves with a few seniors and top age 3rds to top up, so very hard to judge from that)

coming into the season is there any late recruits that have signed anywhere?
my predicitions for the up coming season are;
blighty,berrigan,yarroweyah,strathy,deni,jerilderie,picola and mathoura
league medal ; keegan oliver
league goalkicking; downie

Yarrowheyah would have to improve greatly on last year to finish 3rd, especially after loosing a number of big names this year. Jerildere would need to be the next target or a terrorist attack to not finish in the finals.

Predictions

Berrigan, Jerildere, Strathy, Blighty, Deni, Picola, Yarraweyah, Mathoura

League Medal: Jas Sanderson / Danny Clarke
Goal Kicker: Saunders

So which teams have been playing in the night series or had any other praccy matches & how have they been goin? Have they had a chance to get a full side out on the park or half & half from 1's & 2's?

Also I see as we have been having a good talk about it recently on here that over the last couple of days Mathoura has had (as expected) a fairly large exodous of core senior players put clearances in to other clubs? Whats this say for them this year? Will they field a side or will we be changing the draw before RD1 to cater for only 7 sides?? I did hear that they were going to try to ask to only enter a reserves side this year but as I believe you have to field a senior side 1st & foremost??

So which teams have been playing in the night series or had any other praccy matches & how have they been goin? Have they had a chance to get a full side out on the park or half & half from 1's & 2's?

Also I see as we have been having a good talk about it recently on here that over the last couple of days Mathoura has had (as expected) a fairly large exodous of core senior players put clearances in to other clubs? Whats this say for them this year? Will they field a side or will we be changing the draw before RD1 to cater for only 7 sides?? I did hear that they were going to try to ask to only enter a reserves side this year but as I believe you have to field a senior side 1st & foremost??
Hope all turns out OK for Mathoura and atleast get a side on the park..We also have a guy who said he played at Mathoura last year at training last night, his name was John Goodson, can anyone tell me anything about him as he is a good size lump of a bloke, cheers..

Katandra I'm pretty sure beat Jerilderie last night, although Jerilderie looked to be missing a fair few regular senior guys, they seemed to give everyone a run.

We were leading Tally half way through the second quarter and then the lights decided to go out! Game was then called off. This happened to us when we played the Rams a couple of years ago also.

Apparently the Hoppers looked OK against Katty on Wednesday night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope all turns out OK for Mathoura and atleast get a side on the park..We also have a guy who said he played at Mathoura last year at training last night, his name was John Goodson, can anyone tell me anything about him as he is a good size lump of a bloke, cheers..

Would suggest he would be around 22-23 now , was a promising player when in the under 17's and although haven't seen many Mathoura games over the last 2 years believe he has been in and out of there senior side predominately as a ruckman . Mitsch would know for sure but IIRC had a good 2010 season where from the games I seen appeared the fittest he has been ?
Fwiw, fitness permitted I think he could be a reasonably good CHB .

Would suggest he would be around 22-23 now , was a promising player when in the under 17's and although haven't seen many Mathoura games over the last 2 years believe he has been in and out of there senior side predominately as a ruckman . Mitsch would know for sure but IIRC had a good 2010 season where from the games I seen appeared the fittest he has been ?
Fwiw, fitness permitted I think he could be a reasonably good CHB .
Cheers:thumbsu:

alot of people are giving picola united and yarroweyah no chance of being up there this year.
can someone give me a run down on who both clubs have picked up and lost ?
and also give me a couple of players from every side to look out for when i get the chance to get back down to watch some picola league footy?

Believe Mathoura coach gone as of tonight

Yep, confirmed in the PT today. Unfortunate, I really hope they can sort things out. Be a shame for a side that played in a prelim the year prior to be out of the comp the following season.

alot of people are giving picola united and yarroweyah no chance of being up there this year.
can someone give me a run down on who both clubs have picked up and lost ?
and also give me a couple of players from every side to look out for when i get the chance to get back down to watch some picola league footy?

Not to sure of their ins, but Yarroweyah have lost probably their 2 best players in Jimmy Daniels and Lucas Olsen, add to that their big ruckman and the rumorrs that Dan Fitzpatrick is heading back to Melb. They leave a big hole in a side that didnt make the finals last year. As for Picola they have lost a few and gained a few. Alot will depend on how many games John Walker plays.

Not to sure of their ins, but Yarroweyah have lost probably their 2 best players in Jimmy Daniels and Lucas Olsen, add to that their big ruckman and the rumorrs that Dan Fitzpatrick is heading back to Melb. They leave a big hole in a side that didnt make the finals last year. As for Picola they have lost a few and gained a few. Alot will depend on how many games John Walker plays.

Hey Mac I heard that fitta was a chance to head down the road to Strathy with daniels?

Yeah same, hahaha So have u got to see any other practice matches yet? Also heard the lights went out last week against tally? Hope u's have better luck this week, who do u's play?

Yer have seen a couple of matches. As you would know its a bit hard to get a good quide with these types of games. Really gunna be relying on each club nominating players and the selectors getting a look at everyone in the first few rounds.
Lights went out AGAIN. It happened to us 2 years ago when we were playing the rams. What is going on there. Over all the years i have played footy at a number of clubs i have never seen the lights go out at training. It was dissapointing as we were really wanting a good hit out. Another kick in the guts was the fact the game was called a draw which means niether us nor Tally will be able to make the final and get another much needed practice match.

Yer have seen a couple of matches. As you would know its a bit hard to get a good quide with these types of games. Really gunna be relying on each club nominating players and the selectors getting a look at everyone in the first few rounds.
Lights went out AGAIN. It happened to us 2 years ago when we were playing the rams. What is going on there. Over all the years i have played footy at a number of clubs i have never seen the lights go out at training. It was dissapointing as we were really wanting a good hit out. Another kick in the guts was the fact the game was called a draw which means niether us nor Tally will be able to make the final and get another much needed practice match.

Yeah mate I think that the barooga night series has lost It's mojo over the last couple of years, its seems like they're hanging on 2 a broken piece of rope! Surely they would either give both teams the 4 points 2 keep their chances alive or just 2 the team that was leading at the time as the call off of the game was due to no fault of the teams so why penalize them as such by only giving them 2pts each & ruining their chances of a finals spot? Anyway damage is done!

Also has there been any new updates on the mathoura situation? New coach? Will they even field a side? What's the leagues stance on this? As it would be a shame if nothing is confirmed before the season starts then they pull out & we have a bodgey draw, or even worse if they start the season then pullout a couple of rounds in, that would really stir things up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back