Picola & District FL SE 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round robin final is a no-brainer. everone gets a go, seems fair...

Interleague got smashed because everyone went fishing, would of lost by more if it wasnt pitch black dark!...

maybe theres a time to go "hey, What do the players want?" lets let them vote on such rules and jumbo? after all they are why we are having this thread and why we have such a great game? instead of implimenting rules and what not to increase numbers. why dont we let PLAYERS vote so they keep PLAYING in the future?
That's why there is a thing could club delegates and why this rule hasn't simply been implemented as yet .
Lets not forget a large amount of players generally have a very biased opinion on things and I would say predominately have little interest in the game beyond their playing days , unfortunately .
Members elect committees who then vote on league matters .
If players won't more say get involved once their playing days are over or get involved within their own clubs committees .
Round robin finals wasn't a no brainier as it hadn't been done before , if blokes had the option to go fishing etc in a couple of weeks do you think they'd have been more likely to play ? I don't agree with your thoughts on the darkness affecting the result . 4 goals in the last half to the oppositions 5 after it was 12 goals to 2 at half time would indicate to me , they simply became more competitive .

Yeah I realise that Roar I was just making a exagerated point regarding your comments of playing a older burst player " As for finding the additional player , you wouldn't have to you could use a burst type older player for a half sub him out and then unload one of your 3rds kids when the older player blows up ?"
That in this situation if it was a player coming back from injury instead of usually bringing him back thru the 2's for 1-2 games to get match fitness, but with this sub rule you could then potentially bring him straight back into the 1's for half game & swap him with the sub! So if he comes straight back into the side then someone has to miss out! I'm in no way shape or form saying this rule is a bad idea, I'm just trying to make odd ball situations & decisions that clubs may have to face if this rule does come in & hasn't been adequately thought about!!
Fair point but it still does come down to what the coach wishes to do , I doesn't force a club either way on this point IMO.

That's why there is a thing could club delegates and why this rule hasn't simply been implemented as yet .
Lets not forget a large amount of players generally have a very biased opinion on things and I would say predominately have little interest in the game beyond their playing days , unfortunately .
Members elect committees who then vote on league matters .
If players won't more say get involved once their playing days are over or get involved within their own clubs committees .
Round robin finals wasn't a no brainier as it hadn't been done before , if blokes had the option to go fishing etc in a couple of weeks do you think they'd have been more likely to play ? I don't agree with your thoughts on the darkness affecting the result . 4 goals in the last half to the oppositions 5 after it was 12 goals to 2 at half time would indicate to me , they simply became more competitive .

yeah because most and nearly all other leagues has a venue that its held at EVERY year, no brainer to give everyone a go i thought...
by fishing i actually ment couldnt be ****ed playing, the other league had 6 weeks preperation goodluck getting that out of the pdfl :thumbsu:
and from where i was playing saturday, the darkness impacted the game the same as rain would... and hindered the result

yeah because most and nearly all other leagues has a venue that its held at EVERY year, no brainer to give everyone a go i thought...
by fishing i actually ment couldnt be screwed playing, the other league had 6 weeks preperation goodluck getting that out of the pdfl :thumbsu:
and from where i was playing saturday, the darkness impacted the game the same as rain would... and hindered the result

If it was a no brainer why wasnt it thought of years ago??? Give some credit where due mate.

Interleague, well I am more optimistic, we just need to sell the positives of it a bit more. I am sure you understand the importance of the results we achieve?

Now I turned my back on this discussion and wow....

I thought this was a nice simple rule. Clubs pick their best 21 as per usual, then select a Under 17 player to use as a sub to "blood" him and also as a bonus in case of injuries. If an injury strikes then this 17 year old joins the rotation on the bench. Now if coaches decide to try a few "tricks" with this rule then any repercussions are on their head as far as I'm concerned.
This age group has a pretty significant drop out rate mainly due to the players who may be considered borderline not thinking they can cut it in seniors or in some case even reserves. One game or part of a game can make all the difference. Being a sub I feel takes a bit of pressure off the kid as he isnt part of the main 21. Clubs should regard it as a bonus he is playing and not a possible hindrance as he is untried as maybe the case if it is done as part of the main 21.

I take it that you would have no complaints if your opponent used this rule this way and your club elected not to, as you have said it isnt really an addition????

by fishing i actually ment couldnt be screwed playing, the other league had 6 weeks preperation goodluck getting that out of the pdfl :thumbsu:
Maybe the league will look to rid itself of those that project a negative attitude toward interleague and people who feel put out , won't get a game .:eek:
Not sure how the level of darkness in the second half assists one side to kick twice the goals it did in the first half , yet causes the other side to kick half the goals it did in the first half ????

If it was a no brainer why wasnt it thought of years ago??? Give some credit where due mate.

Interleague, well I am more optimistic, we just need to sell the positives of it a bit more. I am sure you understand the importance of the results we achieve?

Now I turned my back on this discussion and wow....

I thought this was a nice simple rule. Clubs pick their best 21 as per usual, then select a Under 17 player to use as a sub to "blood" him and also as a bonus in case of injuries. If an injury strikes then this 17 year old joins the rotation on the bench. Now if coaches decide to try a few "tricks" with this rule then any repercussions are on their head as far as I'm concerned.
This age group has a pretty significant drop out rate mainly due to the players who may be considered borderline not thinking they can cut it in seniors or in some case even reserves. One game or part of a game can make all the difference. Being a sub I feel takes a bit of pressure off the kid as he isnt part of the main 21. Clubs should regard it as a bonus he is playing and not a possible hindrance as he is untried as maybe the case if it is done as part of the main 21.

I take it that you would have no complaints if your opponent used this rule this way and your club elected not to, as you have said it isnt really an addition????
well said

Righto, Considering all of the 1's posting on here about this subject (besides myself) are on club or league committee's how about someone post what the rules/guidelines/procedures are so we can all get a grasp of what we are looking at! I personally feel uncomfortable about making comments or judgements for the good or bad of this rule until I know the facts then I would be more than happy to make my opinion heard! So how bout it? 1 or all of you's put up a post in whatever fashion & depth you feel necessary outlining the main important facts & then we can all go from there!! Cheers :thumbsu:

Oh Ps & please make it more facts than just he has to wear a green vest until he comes off then he puts on the red vest & goes & has a shower etc etc....

Smooth, I'm not on any committees. Yes have been in the past. Just voicing my own opinion.

I've put my opinion in as a Player point of view...
in closing to my opinion, i dont see the point in making such a big change that major leauges havent and if it is to be changed, i would like to see it unrestricted by age

now on the actual FOOTY point of view rumor is if Katunga loose to Shepp East this weekend at home they'll haveto roll Waaia at Waaia to stay a mathimatical chance to play finals (asuming they wont beat tungamah) i havent done my maths on the ladder and draw, but if true thats a kick in the nuts

Maybe the league will look to rid itself of those that project a negative attitude toward interleague and people who feel put out , won't get a game .:eek:
Not sure how the level of darkness in the second half assists one side to kick twice the goals it did in the first half , yet causes the other side to kick half the goals it did in the first half ????

and what position were you playing saturday? becasue amongst the playing group a few felt the same way ;)

in closing to my opinion, i dont see the point in making such a big change that major leauges havent and if it is to be changed, i would like to see it unrestricted by age

now on the actual FOOTY point of view rumor is if Katunga loose to Shepp East this weekend at home they'll haveto roll Waaia at Waaia to stay a mathimatical chance to play finals (asuming they wont beat tungamah) i havent done my maths on the ladder and draw, but if true thats a kick in the nuts

Sadly you have missed the whole point of the rule proposed. It's a junior development rule. I feel as a minor league we are ideally suited to trial this. In fact it's more likely to be our kids that will leave the game more so than major leagues. I don't see how it's such a big change to be honest. . As pointed out if your now 18-19 year olds had the benefit of this rule when in under 17s they may very likely be more established in seniors now. We can't change it for them but we can for the next group of players.

Think it is a great opportunity to bring u17 players into senior footy, the opinions of kids to play senior footy has changed to 10-12years ago, back then when playing 3rds (Roar, even u were still running around), we would jump at the chance to play seniors, whether you new you were in the top 21 or not.
Kids now aren't so keen, they look at it as they might get to play 1 or 2 weeks if there is an older senior player out injured but as soon as that player is right again, they have the opinion they will get dropped and same as when it comes to finals that they are not going to get the chance to play but yet they have the chance to play in 3rds finals, so why risk missing that as well.
I think if the sub rule was brought in, you would again have more kids looking at a chance to play senior footy, and with giving them the opportunity, you would have more kids continuing to play footy in seniors after they are to old for 3rds, whether they stay at your club the following year or if they go into the GV, if they do go into GV u18 for a year, think you would find we have more come back to there local clubs to play seniors rather then not playing at all. Might only be country footy but its better being proactive and giving it a chance in our league then watch player numbers and clubs decrease.

In regards to the Interleage, more players would put up there hand to play if there was another bye mid way through the season. If there was a bye near round 12/13 or even a split round, as players like to get that break mid way through the year. The squad needs to be training a least 4 weeks prior to the game and then a cut to a final 25-26 players 2 weeks before, then final cut to 21 the Thursday night before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure adrenaline, the NW has a another bye exactly between rounds 12 and 13 the first Saturday of July.
Pretty sure SE does too? But maybe that fact was lost on people. The problem was addressed last year. Draws I have seen don't say general bye though for the july bye just skips the week. Maybe we should put in the draws interleague bye for that weekend then general bye for the one in July to make it obvious??

SE don't have a draw as club delegates voted didn't vote in favour of it .
IIRC all NW clubs voted in favour .
It allowed the league to start both divisions on the same weekend and have the GF's a week apart on both on Saturdays , which probably another no brainer that hasn't ever been done hey ? ;) :thumbsu:

Pure adrenaline, the NW has a another bye exactly between rounds 12 and 13 the first Saturday of July.
Pretty sure SE does too? But maybe that fact was lost on people. The problem was addressed last year. Draws I have seen don't say general bye though for the july bye just skips the week. Maybe we should put in the draws interleague bye for that weekend then general bye for the one in July to make it obvious??

No general bye or split round for SE, the only week off we have is when interleague is on.. With the NW comp do players seem more keen to play Interleage, with getting to have that week off mid season??
I think it should be put on the draws to make it more obvious, players will then see there is anther week off, not long after the interleague bye..

Oh ok, well in that case the SE might catch up and fix that now. :)
May still need to promote the fact there is two bye rounds bit more prominently.
I do think the fact there was another bye did get overlooked by players maybe even coaches.
I heard so many players talking about needing the rest. I was thinking you don't need two weeks off surely, if not for interleague you would be playing?? Then I realised they didn't know?? So more promo and that would be easier if both leagues on same page with it?

and what position were you playing saturday? becasue amongst the playing group a few felt the same way ;)
You didn't need to be playing to know the lighting wasn't up to scratch . Poor lighting however didn't allow one side to double it's scoring in the second half and the other to halve its scoring in the same second half ?

Maybe the PDFNL came up with the concept that others would like to implement , however a loophole as such permits the PDFNL and not other leagues .
How would having it unrestricted assist all clubs giving a younger player better development without being dis-advantaged .
With no disrespect Cooperz but you are sounding like a older player hanging onto his career and are shit scared of a young player taking your spot .

Oh ok, well in that case the SE might catch up and fix that now. :)
May still need to promote the fact there is two bye rounds bit more prominently.
I do think the fact there was another bye did get overlooked by players maybe even coaches.
I heard so many players talking about needing the rest. I was thinking you don't need two weeks off surely, if not for interleague you would be playing?? Then I realised they didn't know?? So more promo and that would be easier if both leagues on same page with it?
Good point although perhaps it is not able to be done on the website with the other division playing ???

Think it is a great opportunity to bring u17 players into senior footy, the opinions of kids to play senior footy has changed to 10-12years ago, back then when playing 3rds (Roar, even u were still running around), we would jump at the chance to play seniors, whether you new you were in the top 21 or not.
Kids now aren't so keen, they look at it as they might get to play 1 or 2 weeks if there is an older senior player out injured but as soon as that player is right again, they have the opinion they will get dropped and same as when it comes to finals that they are not going to get the chance to play but yet they have the chance to play in 3rds finals, so why risk missing that as well.
I think if the sub rule was brought in, you would again have more kids looking at a chance to play senior footy, and with giving them the opportunity, you would have more kids continuing to play footy in seniors after they are to old for 3rds, whether they stay at your club the following year or if they go into the GV, if they do go into GV u18 for a year, think you would find we have more come back to there local clubs to play seniors rather then not playing at all. Might only be country footy but its better being proactive and giving it a chance in our league then watch player numbers and clubs decrease.

In regards to the Interleage, more players would put up there hand to play if there was another bye mid way through the season. If there was a bye near round 12/13 or even a split round, as players like to get that break mid way through the year. The squad needs to be training a least 4 weeks prior to the game and then a cut to a final 25-26 players 2 weeks before, then final cut to 21 the Thursday night before the game.
A myth it never happened . ;) :thumbsu:
Walk fastly perhaps .

I hope u mean Roar was just running around in general PA, as he DEFINITELY wasn't running around in the 3rds 10-12 years ago!! Maybe if you put another zero after those numbers thats probably when Roar was playing 3rds!! :eek::p:D

Also with the bye situation I think both leagues should have an extra bye whether the clubs like it or not, the board should just bring that in mandatory & to keep the Grand Finals both on saturdays but apart just start the leagues a week apart also & alternate yearly who starts 1st & 2nd!! Another "No Brainer"? We're on a roll here boys.... :D

Pos
Good point although perhaps it is not able to be done on the website with the other division playing ???[/quote

Wasn't really thinking of website but yeah put it in big letters across the home page. We have two byes so no excuse to rest during interleague!!!
I have printed draws with Afl, MFL and PDFNLNW and on MFL it highlights the two byes they have, but for us it doesn't.
It just says rd 12 June 29 then straight to rd 13 July 13. No mention of the bye in between.
If just looking you could easy not realise. Maybe the printers took it from website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back