Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

Just in response to earlier post about the Boyd brothers returning to the Saints or Jerilderie Dockers, they are all now living in Melb and want to play at the highest level that they can, so that counts out the PDFL, I don’t know about Jerilderie but I’m sure we didn’t even officially approach them, tis the silly season after all.

Big news at Dookie as Will Johanson looks set to sign on as coach of the twos. Mail says he will be assisted by Marcus Oussa. Both will be in a playing Will in the ones again and Marcus may push for senior selection with a full preseason. edmonston looks like a sure thing to be coaching swanpool in the Benalla league and is likely to take with him shields and david chistopher

Big news at Dookie as Will Johanson looks set to sign on as coach of the twos. Mail says he will be assisted by Marcus Oussa. Both will be in a playing Will in the ones again and Marcus may push for senior selection with a full preseason. edmonston looks like a sure thing to be coaching swanpool in the Benalla league and is likely to take with him shields and david chistopher

who are you dividdentist? Do you live at dookie? Not sure who Will Johanson or Marcus Oussa are but i know charlie edmonston and there is no chance of him going to that league!! He is going to gvfl.

edmonston looked likely to stay at dookie but swanpool offered him enormous money that he couldn't refuse. osbourne and payne croston and him aren't on speaking terms any more. it is reported to be 700+. Johansen was member of premiership side this year oussa a massive forward who fell behind in selection due to fitness, a trip to qld and dookie's abundance of large forwards.

Shields is a massive signing for Swanpool! They would have blown the budget signing him along with Charlie as coach!

Shields will no doubt bring a great football brain and enormous skill to swanpool and his experience will help edmonston a heap. did you have a big weekend to quick or what

Shields will no doubt bring a great football brain and enormous skill to swanpool and his experience will help edmonston a heap. did you have a big weekend to quick or what
Early prediction for Swanpools B and F. Shields 167 votes with his next closest team mate being Edmonston on 143 votes. I just dont think Charlie has what it takes to beat Shields.
Weekend was good. Nothing to out there few quiet beers on Saturday and Sunday, now ready for a huge day tomoz!

How are Blighty shaping up for next year?

wats the rumour going around that jose tejones has signed with tungamah?? apperently a friend of mine was speaking to one of the clubs sponseres and said that tj was a done deal at tungamah.

wats the rumour going around that jose tejones has signed with tungamah?? apperently a friend of mine was speaking to one of the clubs sponseres and said that tj was a done deal at tungamah.

Big $$ I hear, Terry Durwood probably included aswell. And another Yarroweyah player.

Tungamah are a quality side (tough draw in 07), but is TJ going to add that much. Stood out at Yarroweyah but probably wont as much standing next to Adam Dodd.

Also heard Adam Waasdorp possibly going from Waaia to Stanhope??

Big $$ I hear, Terry Durwood probably included aswell. And another Yarroweyah player.

Tungamah are a quality side (tough draw in 07), but is TJ going to add that much. Stood out at Yarroweyah but probably wont as much standing next to Adam Dodd.

If they add Chris Kennedy to that list also will be very tough side to beat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any news on Katamatite yet, heard that they havn't picked up anyone yet and are looking at having another "Develope the Youngsters" year

I have heard that Tat has been talking to the Wright boys
But i reckon that they will stay as long as there father is President
Think that Xavier Kennedy is moving so might not travel back
the only departure i have heard about so far...

Don't no how many 3rds players will go up
they were a fairly young 3rds side..

Mathoura have named ex-deni rams senior coach, Chris Mitch as senior coach for season 2008. Chris' wife played in our sucessfull A & B grade netball squads this season, whilst his father was a netball sponsor, having had little to do with him I know very little about him. What I do know from our limited discussions, is he is very astute,professional and has a very good football knowledge having been at the Sydney Swans and also being part of the coaching panel of the ever conquering premiership winning Deni Rams.
To my knowledge most current players are returning, whilst recruiting is strongly under way with a number of possible recruits showing an interest to join.
Does this leave only the U and the Weir without senior coaching positions to be filled, or if they have been filled please advise ?

Mathoura have named ex-deni rams senior coach, Chris Mitch as senior coach for season 2008. Chris' wife played in our sucessfull A & B grade netball squads this season, whilst his father was a netball sponsor, having had little to do with him I know very little about him. What I do know from our limited discussions, is he is very astute,professional and has a very good football knowledge having been at the Sydney Swans and also being part of the coaching panel of the ever conquering premiership winning Deni Rams.
To my knowledge most current players are returning, whilst recruiting is strongly under way with a number of possible recruits showing an interest to join.
Does this leave only the U and the Weir without senior coaching positions to be filled, or if they have been filled please advise ?

Wunghnu being coached by Stewart Craig who was an assistant there two years ago, while Yarroweyah being coached by local Derrick Oliver (non playing).

Wunghnu being coached by Stewart Craig who was an assistant there two years ago, while Yarroweyah being coached by local Derrick Oliver (non playing).

They are not going to throw off there negitive image with a bloke like Criag coaching them.

Scott Iddles has signed with Dookie, another couple of big signings on the way!

Strathy would have to be cut at this, is a handy player.

Scott Iddles has signed with Dookie, another couple of big signings on the way!
Hmmm Strathy would not be happy with this i wouldnt think, coin good at Dookie?? Would have thought that locals would be getting a little unhappy with all the outsiders coming in.........whats the feeling like out there toquick??

Hmmm Strathy would not be happy with this i wouldnt think, coin good at Dookie?? Would have thought that locals would be getting a little unhappy with all the outsiders coming in.........whats the feeling like out there toquick??

i dont think he has signed at dookie but if he has it will be disapointing for the dogs but not a major loss as he didnt play at all this year

Super coach confirmed that pen was put to paper. Very handy pick up to an already very evenly spread side.He will slot in no worries.
The feeling is great around the club. We were all out there together last Wednesday for an official team photo. The players that got pushed out by the recruits got their chances to put their name on a regular spot during the year. i think most of them were happy sucking on cans after the game and watching us anyway.

Super coach confirmed that pen was put to paper. Very handy pick up to an already very evenly spread side.He will slot in no worries.
The feeling is great around the club. We were all out there together last Wednesday for an official team photo. The players that got pushed out by the recruits got their chances to put their name on a regular spot during the year. i think most of them were happy sucking on cans after the game and watching us anyway.
Scott was a runner up in the league medal not long ago wasnt he?? Falling out with Strathy maybe?? Or just trying to cash in on the success at Dookie and claim a flag?? or does he have ties out that way??

Scott was a runner up in the league medal not long ago wasnt he?? Falling out with Strathy maybe?? Or just trying to cash in on the success at Dookie and claim a flag?? or does he have ties out that way??
Not sure if he was runner up or just finished well up there. But he is a proven player in this league. I think what has got him over the line with Dookie is, him and Ozzi are very good mates. If there was a little umming and arrring about signing, i think the success side of things helps get the pen to paper! Dookie will be top 2 again next yr.

Not sure if he was runner up or just finished well up there. But he is a proven player in this league. I think what has got him over the line with Dookie is, him and Ozzi are very good mates. If there was a little umming and arrring about signing, i think the success side of things helps get the pen to paper! Dookie will be top 2 again next yr.

you gotta relax toquick and stop thinking dookie are a world class side. if he has signed it would be mainly because of his friendship with ozzi not success. By the sound of things the dogs are gunna be a very good side next year so which ever side he plays for he will be part of a succesfull team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back