Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

I believe it is, or will be shortly, official that Sam Ahmet is going to be ass. coach with the Bendigo Bombers, who does this leave to coach Shepp East, mmmmm !! ??
i have heard that phillip needleman is the man for the eagles top job, he's a living legend from tatura way

FYI specially to those who have got no where else to go!

All is welcome - please PM me for futher info

The Fitzroy Stars FC are holding a BBQ to seek interest of potential players. The Northern Football League are seeking a list of potential players to coincide with our application, the NFL will be considering our entry into the NFL on Monday 10th December;

When:
This Wednesday 5th December 2007

Where:
Aborigines Advancement League
2 Watt Street, Thornbury

Time:
5.30pm Onwards

Supporters and any Interested Members are encouraged to come along, we hope to see you there.

Would Chris Burke be interested?

He has coached at a senior level b4.

Wasn't it stated last season that Burke and Montgomery got offered the joint senior coach before it was offered to Ahmet, but knocked it back??

Bova moved to Noosa 2 months ago..
he moved back about 2 weeks ago.

they should try and find a good playing coach to replace a great playing coach and not jsut appoint some1 already there, wouldn,'t do any favors for the club, recuiting wise

he moved back about 2 weeks ago.

they should try and find a good playing coach to replace a great playing coach and not jsut appoint some1 already there, wouldn,'t do any favors for the club, recuiting wise
Look nothing certainly against Sam Ahmet personally as I do not know the goings on of the club, but I think there appeared to be gaps in the Shepp East club that certainly weren't their in 2006.
I watched them only 4 times for the season and from what I saw I would say that the players didn't seem to conduct themselves anywhere near to the level they did in 2006, also he and his coaching panel didn't appear to have full control of the club like they did in 2006.

Look nothing certainly against Sam Ahmet personally as I do not know the goings on of the club, but I think there appeared to be gaps in the Shepp East club that certainly weren't their in 2006.
I watched them only 4 times for the season and from what I saw I would say that the players didn't seem to conduct themselves anywhere near to the level they did in 2006, also he and his coaching panel didn't appear to have full control of the club like they did in 2006.

As Sam said in an interview with the Shepp News, he didnt really have the desire to coach, and still doesn't know what he wants to do. Have never listened to him to talk or how he goes about his coaching, but I'm pretty sure we all know he only got his gig in Bendigo from his connection with Hickmont, not from his coaching capabilities, know playing against him he never said boo out on the field, just went about his job and did it well, but when you're a playing coach I think you need to do a bit more than that.

As Sam said in an interview with the Shepp News, he didnt really have the desire to coach, and still doesn't know what he wants to do. Have never listened to him to talk or how he goes about his coaching, but I'm pretty sure we all know he only got his gig in Bendigo from his connection with Hickmont, not from his coaching capabilities, know playing against him he never said boo out on the field, just went about his job and did it well, but when you're a playing coach I think you need to do a bit more than that.

Not that I heard him speak that often, but when they beat Blighty in that final at Deni, I listened to him at 3/4 time and I was very disappointed in not so much what he said, but the way he said it. He showed little passion and never got the boys going (even though they won the game). He was very vague, just didn't have the speaking skills to be a coach I reckon. Not taking anything away from his ability to play the game, just seemed that coaching wasn't his forte'.

Found out it look like we might be having a top 8 next year in the piccola league finals, They will have a double header on the first weekend top 4 on sat an bottom 4 on sun good for the league i reckon what does everyone else think??:thumbsu:

Hey there,

Looking for some information on a guy called Nathan White, play at Katandra ??

What sort of player is he, where does he play, does he go alright ??

Apparently he might be headed down to Melbourne to Play next season ??

he is pretty handy on both sides of the body
held katandra up during the finals
be a big loss if he left!!

Found out it look like we might be having a top 8 next year in the piccola league finals, They will have a double header on the first weekend top 4 on sat an bottom 4 on sun good for the league i reckon what does everyone else think??:thumbsu:

Final 8 rewards mediocrity. Also you could win every game of the year and lose the prelim and that is it.

I haven't heard a district league have an 8, but lets see how it goes. Nothing beats the final 4 or 5 systems.

I would think that the PDFL will not be a 16 team comp for long... something will be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the problem wit shepp east is that sammy is great one on one but as a senior coach he wasnt no good. as some of em told me. the difference in the playing group from 06-07 is that in 06 we were pretty good mates n in 07 they couldnt care less bout each other. thats y i left n went else where. the selection panel was no good this year. they wouldnt no how to even play footy themselves. let alone pick a side to play footy.

whats the latest rumours going around

I got giggled at when I stated that Brendan Briggs Shepp United captin would pull on a Dookie Jumper next year......... The rumour keeps getting stronger.

Did Dookie rob a Bank, small drought effected town.....where did that bag of cash come from ?

Rovers sign up big Timbercutter

December 14 2007
Deniliquin Pastoral Times

THE Deniliquin Rovers Football Club unveiled its third key signing this week.
As expected, former Mathoura and Deniliquin full forward Brad Todd officially joined the Roos' ranks yesterday.
Todd, who has kicked over 50 goals in a season for both the Rams and Timbercutters, will start training with the Rovers after Christmas.
The key forward has followed his former coach Terry Blake to the club. Blake only recently signed on as the Roos' reserves coach after two seasons alongside Todd at Mathoura.
The Rovers' Picola Football League premiership stocks have soared since the end of the 2007 season.
Bode has also signed on Finley big man Marc Braybon and former Deni Rams best and fairest Andrew May in recent weeks.
This trio, plus the possibility of veteran Blake taking on a senior role, has Bode smiling about the 2008 season.
"Brad's a big signing for us. He can allow guys like Benji [Hardman] to play up the field a bit more.
"We were after a big man who can kick goals and Toddy fits this description perfectly. He's a long kick for goal and strong mark, very valuable," Bode said.
Todd missed most of last season for Mathoura with a serious knee injury, but resumed running a couple of months ago.

Rovers sign up big Timbercutter

December 14 2007
Deniliquin Pastoral Times

THE Deniliquin Rovers Football Club unveiled its third key signing this week.
As expected, former Mathoura and Deniliquin full forward Brad Todd officially joined the Roos' ranks yesterday.
Todd, who has kicked over 50 goals in a season for both the Rams and Timbercutters, will start training with the Rovers after Christmas.
The key forward has followed his former coach Terry Blake to the club. Blake only recently signed on as the Roos' reserves coach after two seasons alongside Todd at Mathoura.
The Rovers' Picola Football League premiership stocks have soared since the end of the 2007 season.
Bode has also signed on Finley big man Marc Braybon and former Deni Rams best and fairest Andrew May in recent weeks.
This trio, plus the possibility of veteran Blake taking on a senior role, has Bode smiling about the 2008 season.
"Brad's a big signing for us. He can allow guys like Benji [Hardman] to play up the field a bit more.
"We were after a big man who can kick goals and Toddy fits this description perfectly. He's a long kick for goal and strong mark, very valuable," Bode said.
Todd missed most of last season for Mathoura with a serious knee injury, but resumed running a couple of months ago.

Win, Win, Win, I beleive for all involved.
Think Rovers have put the final link in their premiership hopes chain.
Think it gives greater opportunity obviously, through necessity, for the developement of key position players from within the Mathoura junior ranks.
Brad gets a greater opportunity to play in a very formidible line up in 2008.
Lets not forget Rovers bottomed out for a few years and during which time they developed their own players and turned the club around through junior development and by improving the success of their junior players/sides over 4-5 years.
Think they have been extremely clever in topping up over the past couple of years when their own juniors have had a few years of experience.
Keep an eye on the way Katty are going about things, I think they are on a similar track !!!

i know its still early guys but deni have to be the big winners in recruiting to date with maybe Strathy second also big names.Brendan Briggs to Dookie if true wat is this world comming to how are they signing stars like that and was uniteds captain this year.any1 heard anything from Blighty

Just a quick note briggs is a past junior player with dookie before moving to United. Has played footy with a lot of the dookie guys before.

i know its still early guys but deni have to be the big winners in recruiting to date with maybe Strathy second also big names.Brendan Briggs to Dookie if true wat is this world comming to how are they signing stars like that and was uniteds captain this year.any1 heard anything from Blighty

played footy with Brendan at United in his early days and was a great kick and the best thing about him was he is a great bloke but no offense to Dookie but i would love to see him get every thing out of his ability before he goes down a level

Whats the go with shepp east? Couldnt they find someone to coach them and had to get Doyle to do it.

Whats the go with shepp east? Couldnt they find someone to coach them and had to get Doyle to do it.

Not a fan of him at all... Got tickets on himself and a dose of little man syndrome I reckon.

From the the outside looking in, I reckon you're right balls.

Doyle does know what it takes, and has very sucessful. Interesting to see how the recruiting will go for Shepp East with this late appointment, he'd have plenty of contacts though, and the approval of the committee to use some coin.

He's not coming back just to make up the numbers.

Hi All, not sure if everyone realises but there is also a site to talk about cricket.

http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/

Click on Local Cricket then find the association you are looking for. Shepparton's is under "Shepparton Cricket Association" - currently on the second page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back