Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

Dookie have done a great job with their ground in 07 and now 08. Who are you to call the ground shit? Dookie will have a good chance of going back to back this year! Good luck dooks!!

If Dookie have done a great job to their ground last year, I would have hated to play on it the year before. Coz it is still sh!t.

If Dookie have done a great job to their ground last year, I would have hated to play on it the year before. Coz it is still sh!t.

You play footy.......ha i would like to see that cuase you would know a good ground if it bit you in the arse. Get a kick!

You play footy.......ha i would like to see that cuase you would know a good ground if it bit you in the arse. Get a kick!
After trying to understand what your trying to say and assuming ,
You play footy ?
I would like to see you play, because you would not know a good ground if it bit in you in the a*^e. Get a kick.

The initial comment was lighthearted, more the point who are you to go mouthing off, maybe you should tell us all who you are, then your comments might have some credit, before you start making comments about peoples ability .
Also your ground is one of the worst, if not the worst in the comp, and don't worry I am not saying everything at the club I am associated with is the best in the league either, but a Dookie person, to the amusement of most, got on here telling us how good their ground was and for that reason they should hold the Granny.
For me, take it back to Katunga, was no where near the some this year, surely if the concern was a little beer stand it can be resolved.

After trying to understand what your trying to say and assuming ,
You play footy ?
I would like to see you play, because you would not know a good ground if it bit in you in the a*^e. Get a kick.

The initial comment was lighthearted, more the point who are you to go mouthing off, maybe you should tell us all who you are, then your comments might have some credit, before you start making comments about peoples ability .
Also your ground is one of the worst, if not the worst in the comp, and don't worry I am not saying everything at the club I am associated with is the best in the league either, but a Dookie person, to the amusement of most, got on here telling us how good their ground was and for that reason they should hold the Granny.
For me, take it back to Katunga, was no where near the some this year, surely if the concern was a little beer stand it can be resolved.

This tool bag is not from Dookie. If he/she is they need to shut up because they are making ppl like myself look bad! The whole playing group knows that our ground isnt anything special, it has a synthetic wicket in the middle for christ sake! 6/10 for me.

This tool bag is not from Dookie. If he/she is they need to shut up because they are making ppl like myself look bad! The whole playing group knows that our ground isnt anything special, it has a synthetic wicket in the middle for christ sake! 6/10 for me.
then who has the best ground in the league

Ground only, surface, dimension and levelness, I would rate them as follows, is obviously only based on when I have seen them.

Mathoura
Blighty
Rovers
Katunga
Katty
Strathy
Tunga
Katandra
Wunghnu
Berrigan
Yarraweah
Waaia
Picola
Shepp East
Dookie

Ground only, surface, dimension and levelness, I would rate them as follows, is obviously only based on when I have seen them.

Mathoura
Blighty
Rovers
Katunga
Katty
Strathy
Tunga
Katandra
Wunghnu
Berrigan
Yarraweah
Waaia
Picola
Shepp East
Dookie

not even biased..

not even biased..
probably totally .:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
My thoughts of grounds are that the leagues grounds can be split into four groups based on size, dimensions and levelness.
Obviously then playing surfaces then come into it, which I thought was the hardest to gauge, based on the fact it's been a while since we last got a wet year, clubs have had water restrictions and done works to improve drainage etc.

Blighty, Mathoura, Rovers

Berrigan, Strathy, Katty, Katunga, Katandra, Wunghnu, Tunga

Waaia, Yarraweah

Dookie, Picola, Shepp East

In relation to the Grand Final I beleive it should remain to be played at a ground who's size, dimensions are approx. average for the league, ie strathy, katunga and all finals should be played on our leagues grounds, which is what the clubs who have got to finals have proven to be sucessfull on all year.

Might be a bit byest but I think katandra is a stand out above the other grounds...All grounds i have played on have been realy good at least once when i have played on them but in sayin that they can get real bad real quick 2....As for dookies it has a good cover most of the time but its the whole runnin up and down the hill all day that realy lts it down and needs to be fixed b4 they even think about havin a granny or even a finnal there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a bit byest but I think katandra is a stand out above the other grounds...All grounds i have played on have been realy good at least once when i have played on them but in sayin that they can get real bad real quick 2....As for dookies it has a good cover most of the time but its the whole runnin up and down the hill all day that realy lts it down and needs to be fixed b4 they even think about havin a granny or even a finnal there.

Check out this link
http://www.bushfooty.com.au/pages/picola_and_district_football_league_grounds.htm

Phot does not do Berrigan justice!

Magic

Magic that photo isnt too far off. Playing cricket there at the weekend it was a pretty dodgy ground but in saying that realise the water restrictions you are under. There is bindi's around the ground though (Blighty's has been known to aswell). First time at berrigan i was pretty impressed with the little hill and shed. Looks like a good social area where people can watch and have a 'few' ales.

Would be good to know when the photos were taken and if they were all from the same angle. Also note no dimensions for the mammoth Deni ground.

Over the years Wunghnu and Waaia have improved there ovals, with Wunghnu winning an award or something. Waaia had a dead pocket/flank but have done well to have enven cover.

I find Yarroweyah and katty to have those spongy surfaces and while soft pull up sore from playing on them.

With bias. Strathy has done $50,000 + worth of upgrades to the oval and it is looking a treat. a few ditches need to be filled for safety but it is top notch and hopefull we have water to keep this way throughout the year.
I quite liked the grand final at strathy (short walk home). Had a good feel about it. Maybe a few more food tents on road side of oval. Did not like having to do duties in the morning and missing half the ressies match.

i would of thought that shepp east ground would be up there. the size is good. surface is good depending if it has rained or not. does get very green during summer just like deakin reserve.

Well based of the link supplied by Magic these are the sizes provided in order largest to smallest.

Strathy , 22657 sq mtrs, 163 x 139
Blighty , 21624 sq mtrs, 159 x 136
Berrigan , 21080 sq mtrs, 170 x 124
Mathoura , 20916 sq mtrs, 166 x 126
katunga and Yarraweah both 20160, 168 x 120
shepp east , 19800 sq mtrs, 150 x 132
Katandra, 19764 sq mtrs, 162 x 122
Katty, 19080 sq mtrs, 159 x 120
Wunghnu, 19000 sq mtrs, 152 x 125
Tunga, 18954 sq mtrs, 162 x 117
Waaia, 17876 sq mtrs, 164 x 109
Dookie, 17556 sq mtrs, 154 x 144
Picola, 17402 sq mtrs, 154 x 133

deni size is obviously not included as is not provided, personally hard to beleive Strathy is the biggest of these and that Tunga and Dookie are in the 4 smallest ??? wonder if the same tape measure was used at all grounds, and whether some were measured to the fence and some to the boundary line.

Based on ratio length v's width lowest to highest, fatter wings in comparison to length at top.

SE 1.13
Blighty 1.169
Strathy 1.172
The U 1.216
Mathaz 1.317
Katty 1.325
Dookie 1.35
Picola 1.362
Berrigan 1.37
Tunga 1.384
Katunga and Yarra 1.4
Katandra 1.44
Waaia 1.504

and lastly the grounds in order of points recorded on them last season, obviously depends hugely on who plays there.

mathoura 1356
strathy 1429
blighty 1463
berrigan 1490
waaia 1520
Shepp 1525
Picola 1557
katty 1591
Rovers 1596
Dookie 1600
Yarra 1612
Katunga 1628
Katandra 1670
Tunga 1697
The U 1714

One thing I noticed out of all this,based on the data, is that the past finals series featured the 3 biggest grounds that our league plays on, including Barooga , Deni & Strathy, and two of the four smallest grounds in the league being Tunga and Waaia, of the five grounds used ??????

Pace thanks for all the information about the grounds i found it very interesting. The reason why i made my comments mid 07 was the facilities and the vantage points of the natural grandstand built into the side of the hill. However after viewing the amount of people at the grandfinal we would find it difficult to park all those cars. To Quick i love it that you still consider yourself one of us does that mean you will be back to play this year, we will miss your pink clothes and blonde hair around the club. P.S does concrete really hurt that much.

Pace thanks for all the information about the grounds i found it very interesting. The reason why i made my comments mid 07 was the facilities and the vantage points of the natural grandstand built into the side of the hill. However after viewing the amount of people at the grandfinal we would find it difficult to park all those cars. To Quick i love it that you still consider yourself one of us does that mean you will be back to play this year, we will miss your pink clothes and blonde hair around the club. P.S does concrete really hurt that much.
Would you rather me say im a Katandra boy Cain1???

hey all in piccola, anyone tell me bout sean carey (scuba) (50) from waiaa, how does he go? has he been seen on the training track yet or is it to early 4 him. never seen him play, though comes highly rated any comments?????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back