Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

Thats the way the cookie curmbles this year, The NSW area sides play each other more often and it really gives them the opportunity to make the finals this year. You would think Shepp East, Katandra, Tungamah, Waaia and Piccola will be good sides again this year which only leaves one spot vacant, but if you good enough you need to beat the good sides anyway.

Can conform that brad lowe is staying at ardmona.
Bryden power is not happy

Can conform that brad lowe is staying at ardmona.
Bryden power is not happy
thats great news!!!!
we wont be making any excuses about a bad draw if we dont make finals either. we really think we should play finals footy this season coming. im sure there are others sides that think they should aswell.

thats great news!!!!
we wont be making any excuses about a bad draw if we dont make finals either. we really think we should play finals footy this season coming. im sure there are others sides that think they should aswell.

From word it sounds like Yarra will drop off this year, Dookie should improve and push for finals, the five sides meationed earlier will be the pase setters, Deni Rovers have not heard much but they will most likely struggle, Berrigan will be the team everybody will keep a close eye on, Katunga have not heard much but you would think they would be middle of the road, Strathy dont no much about but you would think middle of the road also, Blighty will be a handy side with South Aussie recruit and will push for finals, Mathoura, Wunghnu and Katamatite have not had much said about them either so it looks like at this EARLY stage its between 7-8 sides to push for finals in 2007

You are a freak Magic. The Berrigan FC website is evidence of someone with way too much time on their hands.

Or someone with a local government job!

you guys would be nearly expecting to finish in the 6-8 area with your new players and a good draw

Bloody oath, every team should be going in there with the same idea, you don't play otherwise. Our first test will be Barooga night comp, Who else out there will be in it?

From word it sounds like Yarra will drop off this year, Dookie should improve and push for finals, the five sides meationed earlier will be the pase setters, Deni Rovers have not heard much but they will most likely struggle, Berrigan will be the team everybody will keep a close eye on, Katunga have not heard much but you would think they would be middle of the road, Strathy dont no much about but you would think middle of the road also, Blighty will be a handy side with South Aussie recruit and will push for finals, Mathoura, Wunghnu and Katamatite have not had much said about them either so it looks like at this EARLY stage its between 7-8 sides to push for finals in 2007
Katunga havent lost anyone from last year and were probably stiff not too play finals, definately best side outside six last year, have picked up a centrehalf back/centre half forward in Ben MCNamaara played at Numurkah & Shepp united, also in talks with others from what i can gather

Signed new coach, who won the Golden Rivers League medal last year, and another assistant coach, while also picking up a few handy players, and at this stage have a few players returning to the club who are proven senior players, in Chris O'Connor & Benji Hardman.
And have only lost one player from last years team.
So defintately won't struggle as much as you would have first thought.

Excuses no such thing as a bad draw

Pressure might be on the Dookie Coach if he fails to win one of the big games first up. I'm sure that wouold be the plan. But going off last year they need big improvement. As Excitement has said ya cant use the draw as an excuse. "You have to beat the best to be the best":eek:

Waaia started up the other night with 1.2km run something light to start with then a few drills witht he balls. Easing into it i think you would find.

didnt dookie win the first 7 or 8 on the trot last yr then didnt win another game?? why did they crumble so badly?

Katandra have signed 2004 Premiership Coach Aaron Plant as assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 2007 Predictions

Blighty: Position 7-10th B&F Nappies
Berrigan: 11-15th Craig Thornton/Denis Hickey
Deni: 11-15th Benji Hardman
Dookie: 5th-8th Chris P-Croston
Katamatite: 8-13th
Katandra: 1-3rd Shane Venables
Katunga: 4-8th Matt Wellington
Mathoura: 4-7th John Jasper/Brad Todd
Picola: 2-4th Adam Who?
Shepp East: 1-2nd Sam Ahmet
Strathy: 9-12th Carter, maybe Chunka!
Tungamah: 3-6th Dodd
Waaia: 3-6th Dave Gilmour
Wunghnu: 14-15th Team Effort
Yarroweyah: 7th-10th TJ

Pearce; Adam Brunt, Shane Venables, Sam Ahmet, Adam Dodd

Big Improvers: Mathoura, Dookie

Taty, the untimely accident to Sam Verlin had far reaching results to the entire club.
oh ******** yeah i didnt even think outside the loop. im pretty sure something like that would wreck any side! dookie still only missed finals by a game or 2 didnt they?

My 2007 Predictions

Blighty: Position 7-10th B&F Nappies
Berrigan: 11-15th Craig Thornton/Denis Hickey
Deni: 11-15th Benji Hardman
Dookie: 5th-8th Chris P-Croston
Katamatite: 8-13th
Katandra: 1-3rd Shane Venables
Katunga: 4-8th Matt Wellington
Mathoura: 4-7th John Jasper/Brad Todd
Picola: 2-4th Adam Who?
Shepp East: 1-2nd Sam Ahmet
Strathy: 9-12th Carter, maybe Chunka!
Tungamah: 3-6th Dodd
Waaia: 3-6th Dave Gilmour
Wunghnu: 14-15th Team Effort
Yarroweyah: 7th-10th TJ

Pearce; Adam Brunt, Shane Venables, Sam Ahmet, Adam Dodd

Big Improvers: Mathoura, Dookie

I hope your wrong then!
It would be nice to see someone else than Brunt will the Pearce, you can take Dodd out of there to, after seing him and a number of his supporters have a big sook the year he came Close to Howard Yelland in 2003 I'm not a big fan.

I hope your wrong then!
It would be nice to see someone else than Brunt will the Pearce, you can take Dodd out of there to, after seing him and a number of his supporters have a big sook the year he came Close to Howard Yelland in 2003 I'm not a big fan.

Adam Brunt is a really unique player in the PDFL, but he can win all the Pearce Medals he likes as he probably wont win a premiership anytime soon. But they should go extremely close I would think.

Blighty: Position 9th Paul Scoullar
Berrigan: 12th Craig Thornton/Denis Hickey
Deni: 8th Chris O'Connor/Ash Germano
Dookie: 6th Unsure
Katamatite: 14th Unsure
Katandra: 2nd Brad Cordy
Katunga: 13th Unsure
Mathoura: 7th Tim Sparey
Picola: 4th Adam Brunt
Shepp East: 1st Sam Ahmet
Strathy: 11th Carter
Tungamah: 3rd Adam Dodd
Waaia: 5th Richardson
Wunghnu: 15th Unsure
Yarroweyah: 10th James Daniel

Pearce; Paul Scoullar, Adam Brunt, Adam Dodd

I like Dookie... cos they hate Shepp East just as much as us.

Dont under estimate the old TFL rivalries. The hatred between Tungamah, Katamatite, Katandra, Dookie and Shepp East has been brewing for a long time.

If only Benalla All Blacks were in this league, every team worthy of eternal loathing would be back playing together.:mad: :thumbsdown:

Didnt they hit the shepp east wall and never won a game after that
I think they won a few taty but they lose people mid year that dont go back to dookie uni i think that may be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back