Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

there is still a big difference between a great 2's player and an ok seniors player!

Here here, every club has a few gun 2's players that never look capable or in that fact comfortable adapting in the 1's.

Here here, every club has a few gun 2's players that never look capable or in that fact comfortable adapting in the 1's.

Any ideas why this is the case Doona? I always thought it was a confidence thing but would be interested to know your thoughts?
With you being a coach now it will be interesting to see how you try and mould the better twos players into regular senior performers.
Cheers

As an interested on looker I am wondering how Berrigan are shaping up. I heard that a few ex players are returning and they had signed a new coach from over Shepparton way and he is bringing a few players to the club. Any updates???

Yes they have signed a coach from Shepparton, it was all said in earlier threads but to save you looking through they have signed Scott Turner from Shepp East and players he has brought with him is Darren Turner, Shannon Turner and Brett Bathman as far as I am aware off.

Beaglehound i am guessing you wont be revealing your name in a hurry after them statements
Just my opinion on the two boys. Both them and their family have been tremoundous suppoters of the club for over 20years. I just don't think the boys are as good as what Frank and Gary claim they are, and at the end of the day there was no way as a supporter of the club that I would have them in my top 26 players at the club. Others may well see it differently. The boys will be strong 2nds performers but would only get a decent run if United had a horrendous run of injuries.

Can Shop, I forgot to ask if you would share you identity with the forum next time you respond, you seem to know a bit about the "D''s.

Can anyone comfirm this story that is out there that former Walepup premeirship coach Brad Montgomery and Shepp East player is returning to walepup in an assitant coaching role, and there is a big chance that he we will bring Andrew Brown from dookie with him as they are good mates from the former walepup and dookie days.

Sorry Can Shop, I forgot to ask if you would like to inform the forum of your identity?

I wont be revealing my name beaglehound and i dont expect you to reveal your name. But if it was worked out who you are it would be interesting to know after them comments about the kitto brothers. Just interesting thats all

Can anyone comfirm this story that is out there that former Walepup premeirship coach Brad Montgomery and Shepp East player is returning to walepup in an assitant coaching role, and there is a big chance that he we will bring Andrew Brown from dookie with him as they are good mates from the former walepup and dookie days.

hahahaha!!! Very laughable rabbsy 323. Montgomery has retired and from what i've seen Brown is, at best, an undisciplined reserves player.

hahahaha!!! Very laughable rabbsy 323. Montgomery has retired and from what i've seen Brown is, at best, an undisciplined reserves player.

Obviously you know Monty and Browny quite well flying eagle although you should know that browny is a very disiplined senior footballer, he has ability to play either end of the ground and is an assett to any club walepup would be greatly served by this bloke if he gets over his broken thumb and get a pre season under his belt both on and off the field, and who's to say Monty hasn't got non playing role

Obviously you know Monty and Browny quite well flying eagle although you should know that browny is a very disiplined senior footballer, he has ability to play either end of the ground and is an assett to any club walepup would be greatly served by this bloke if he gets over his broken thumb and get a pre season under his belt both on and off the field, and who's to say Monty hasn't got non playing role

It sounds like you may have seen Brown play more than i have then rabbsy. From what i saw of him playing in the picola league is that he should have played more senior games, but he went missing halfway through the season and missed maybe 5-6 games, then stayed in the reserves. I haven't really seen Montgomery play, and when i did he was carrying an injury. No doubt they would be good pick-ups for Walpeup in whatever capacity. Where are you from Rabbsy??

It sounds like you may have seen Brown play more than i have then rabbsy. From what i saw of him playing in the picola league is that he should have played more senior games, but he went missing halfway through the season and missed maybe 5-6 games, then stayed in the reserves. I haven't really seen Montgomery play, and when i did he was carrying an injury. No doubt they would be good pick-ups for Walpeup in whatever capacity. Where are you from Rabbsy??

From Casterton mate played with these boys when i went to college. Big recuit comming that way Tim Holmes is going to the college up there thats if he gets in gun footballer with the cats would easily kick he's 2-3 in the 1's as an 17 year old on a half back flank was in the Geelong falcons squad could be a big pick up for the dooks if he does play major league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Casterton mate played with these boys when i went to college. Big recuit comming that way Tim Holmes is going to the college up there thats if he gets in gun footballer with the cats would easily kick he's 2-3 in the 1's as an 17 year old on a half back flank was in the Geelong falcons squad could be a big pick up for the dooks if he does play major league.

Never heard of him. He's not related to Johnny Holmes is he? Interesting to see how Dookie will play when the uni holidays come around. That is there downfall year after year.

Never heard of him. He's not related to Johnny Holmes is he? Interesting to see how Dookie will play when the uni holidays come around. That is there downfall year after year.

HA HA HA, Wouldn't have thought so, but the kid can play, think they might be right this year sounds like they have recuited a lot of non students to fill the void over that period had a lot of injuries last year to key players,who i dare say will be eager to play again pick up a few quality students will put the pressure on the rest of them to keep training and playing over the holiday period

HA HA HA, Wouldn't have thought so, but the kid can play, think they might be right this year sounds like they have recuited a lot of non students to fill the void over that period had a lot of injuries last year to key players,who i dare say will be eager to play again pick up a few quality students will put the pressure on the rest of them to keep training and playing over the holiday period

Rabsy you know what your talking about when it comes to dookie, where do you play? Also I have herd about this Tim Holmes player he took one of the best markes in a final a few years ago, I think that was him.

Just an observation but Weathers and Ossie are both simmilar size/type players could it be possible that they were compting for the same position in the ones last year?
Plus my brother-in-law is involved at Shepp but there is no way I'd play there!!

From what i have gathered talking to weathers he will prob not play next year has an appointment with orthopedic surgeon mid march and hopes to get surgery on wrist from injury last year if this is the case they recon that he will be out for at least 8 to 10 weeks so doesnt know whether or not he will bother
how is he moving out in the hills anyway is he looking fit ????

hey rabsy you seem to know alot about dookie fc and the college so i was wondering if you know of a bloke by the name of peter aikman?? rumour has it that he is asking for some big dollars in the CMFL and i was wondering if he was worth it...:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

wughnu's lucky half the grounds around the wimmera are pretty dry the smaller towns hopefully after rain we had they will improve i've had a look at Wunghnu, Waaia, numurkah & Katunga last year and they looked in very good nick :)
stayed at Numurkah for a few days, gee waaia, katunga are quite close to Numurkah even though Numurkahs in a diffent league

hey rabsy you seem to know alot about dookie fc and the college so i was wondering if you know of a bloke by the name of peter aikman?? rumour has it that he is asking for some big dollars in the CMFL and i was wondering if he was worth it...:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Big Nic, Pete Aikman very good in and under player heard he moved up Swan Hill way worth every dime very good club man and player r/u in couple of B&F's and best in finals a couple of times i reckon he would be worth it mate

Aikman would be handy pick-up for ya club, good little competitor :thumbsu:

No way Monty is making a comeback, more interested in cultivating his first vintage than driving 5 hours to and from footy every weekend.

As far as I know he will be hangin around Shepp East helpin out Sam where he can, plus I pretty sure he's wife is playing netball with her sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back