Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

with blighty michael moddie i think kicking 11... can anyone tell me what kind of player he is???
was it any suprises waaia beat shepp east by so much

Michael Norman (gossy) kicked 11 goals for Blighty, not Moodie. Moodie kicked 4-5 from the midfield, he is very handy.

I picked Berrigan very early for the wooden spoon, they have been so over hyped it isn't funny. I hope for their sake that they had a few out, they run ok but have no height what so ever.

I was in the rooms listening to Turner at half time and wasn't impressed at all. The Saints were 7-8 goals down at half time and he had basically conceded the game. He told the boys they were on track to lose by 15 goals and that they should try harder and hopefully they will only lose by 3-4. There was no talk of a comeback or chipping away at the lead to try and win the game.

I wasn't real impressed with the speech, but to their credit they still looked as though they tried and didn't give up.

with blighty michael moddie i think kicking 11... can anyone tell me what kind of player he is???
was it any suprises waaia beat shepp east by so much
is a small player who played there 2000 or there abouts,under sexton,was only young then and like all, most, young players was a little intimidated, had all the makings of a good player though

Magic, how did Mark Brassil go on friday v Blighty? Not named in the best or goal kickers. I see the score line wasn't great, anyone to come in and help out? I hear there were a few likely types sitting on the fence with stubbies in their hands.

Speaking to a couple of Picola boys, brunty did not play, priddle was fairly quiet, the umpiring was favourable and without changing result certainly had an influence, can anybody tell me how the recruits from the various clubs faired.

Is it true that Tungahmah is spending close to the $80,000 this year?? If so where does a club get that kind a coin?

I watched shepp east waaia on friday n the difference was basically the last quarter. I think shepp east lacked couple of big blokes but sam ahmet has hit the nail on head saying they'll take a bit of time adapting to new plans. I though waasdorp was outstanding for waaia while whitehead n ahmet were good for the east

Magic, how did Mark Brassil go on friday v Blighty? Not named in the best or goal kickers. I see the score line wasn't great, anyone to come in and help out? I hear there were a few likely types sitting on the fence with stubbies in their hands.
i think he played at full back ktm and the full forward kicked 11 so we can only go from there :D

Brassil had a day to forget, seems like we picked up the forwards that we needed and lost the backmen. With Ednie, Hill, Bond and Hickey gone and Stu Pyle injured and the local butcher lacking in motivation our back line isn't looking as strong as it has.
there was Ednie, Eales, Cameron, Andrew Pyle and some injured players watching on.

Is it true that Tungahmah is spending close to the $80,000 this year?? If so where does a club get that kind a coin?

I don't think thats the right amount!! I think someone was pulling ya willie on this one.
There is a Mawson's mine or gravel or something out there to which the wren boys are related to in some way, i'll bet ya thats how Tungamah get there coin to surrvive but it will be now where near $80,000 on players.

Iwantanotherflag how have you been how did you pull up after the wedding down at Portsea? more to the point how did you play on the weekend?

Wanting to start a poll and ask you all who is the most arrogant team in the competition? and why?

This is all good for footy thou!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brassil had a day to forget, seems like we picked up the forwards that we needed and lost the backmen. With Ednie, Hill, Bond and Hickey gone and Stu Pyle injured and the local butcher lacking in motivation our back line isn't looking as strong as it has.
there was Ednie, Eales, Cameron, Andrew Pyle and some injured players watching on.

blighty's mid field had a field day in the corporate box. I think if the coach had of put on a few tags and made the mid field be more accountable or gave others a crack at it instaed of the regulars, they might have quelled the barrage of kicks that went to blighty's fwd line. if someone had of done the mid fields stats for blighty, if you included the ruck they would have accumulated over 100 posessions between the 4 of them. so if you stop blighty's mid field you will win for sure coz their fwd line is ok but not brilliant.
berrigan has quite a few new players and once they gell together will only improve should be interesting over the next few weeks to see what happens.

Just wonderin if cordy made the right choice stayin at katandra or should he of went to congupna? Congupna might have been prob better standard for him to see how he goes or is it to serious for him?

Is cordy staying at Katrandra? did he play on saturday... i reckon he would find Congupna a bit hard. I heard that they have a no train no play policy this year and that wouldn't suit cordy.. i think he is a bit of a soft C@%K

Is cordy staying at Katrandra? did he play on saturday... i reckon he would find Congupna a bit hard. I heard that they have a no train no play policy this year and that wouldn't suit cordy.. i think he is a bit of a soft C@%K

I think you'll find Cordy has trouble getting to training because of work commitments. Also I believe he wont be staying the whole season as he will be moving to SA later in the year with his job.
If he was to play Murray football league he would fit in quite well considering some of the people playing in that league are a joke !!

I don't think thats the right amount!! I think someone was pulling ya willie on this one.
There is a Mawson's mine or gravel or something out there to which the wren boys are related to in some way, i'll bet ya thats how Tungamah get there coin to surrvive but it will be now where near $80,000 on players.

Iwantanotherflag how have you been how did you pull up after the wedding down at Portsea? more to the point how did you play on the weekend?

Yeah mate, we had a win. Still quite rusty but hey, body got through! Nothing to write home about but snagged a major, few a far between for this backman!

Just wonderin if cordy made the right choice stayin at katandra or should he of went to congupna? Congupna might have been prob better standard for him to see how he goes or is it to serious for him?

I think you'll find Cordy has trouble getting to training because of work commitments. Also I believe he wont be staying the whole season as he will be moving to SA later in the year with his job.
If he was to play Murray football league he would fit in quite well considering some of the people playing in that league are a joke !!

Why go to the half way house of the Murray League. Either play major league (GVFL) of play minor league (PDFL) dont get stuck in the middle and kid yourself that you are playing with the big boys!

Hey guys have a look in the dictionary under L and you will find a word called LOYALTY. As your really good clubs about it... thats how they stay up for so long... not through a fat cheque book that comes out every 5 years!

As for Cordy being soft... well he may not swing many punches but he will sit on your head and steal the footy out of your hands!!

Can anyone fill me in if they know anything about a guy i used to do uni with from Strathmerton Ryan "BIG SLONG....TRIPOD" Powles?
See him playing at Sandhurst last couple of years and just wondering how he's settling back at Strathy, will he play ones if anyone knows?

Can anyone fill me in if they know anything about a guy i used to do uni with from Strathmerton Ryan "BIG SLONG....TRIPOD" Powles?
See him playing at Sandhurst last couple of years and just wondering how he's settling back at Strathy, will he play ones if anyone knows?

Nah sorry bloke I wouldn't have a clue.
But how is the new coach going out at sandhurst, Nathan Gillieland isn't it?

Nah sorry bloke I wouldn't have a clue.
But how is the new coach going out at sandhurst, Nathan Gillieland isn't it?

I left Bendigo myself in november so can't really fill ya in on that one, but last time i saw Gilly was at 'THE PUB' on a tues night in early nov. and he said things were looking good then and he was excited about the year ahead.....

Isn't it great that footy is back. Praccy matches dont cut it! And also the way the draw gives you four local teams first up, lots of rivalry and some great games. No easing into the season.

We had Tungamah and it was a cracker of a game
Now Dookie... the great unknown
Bye
Our best mates at Shepp East
Then the Maggies

Not a bad start to they year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back