Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

Could not agree more and juniors should be released to play at the highest possible standard, with an agreement in place that they remain there founding clubs player. Not the current situation where they leave disgruntled , sometimes under appeal, and after playing 2-3 years as fringe players they hit their home club up for $$$ to return.
Have a real feeling A.Brunt is using his current situation as a learning curve before returning to Tongala.

Some sort of extended permit?

That would mean that home grown guys like:
Grant McLarty, Phil Carroll, Shannon Emmett, Jarrod Maskell, Brent Riordan, Matt Carroll, Daniel O'Reilly & David Teague could all return to play finals for Katandra if their clubs don't make it??? :rolleyes:

1. Your being kind to Wunghnu
2. Will Dookie get that close
Magic

Katandra V Dookie will be a cracker, I'll give you the tip!

Wunghnu.... Timmis definately has them on the right track, made some very poor recruiting decisions over the years. From memory Timmis is the only coach who has been honest in the papers about the clubs chances. He is looking for a competitive outfit that might win 5 games. Everyone else (Macca and Meka) says they will play finals. If Timmis & Wunghnu keep going like they are they may be realistic for a finals spot come 2010 or so. :thumbsu:

Wunghnu.... Timmis definately has them on the right track, made some very poor recruiting decisions over the years. From memory Timmis is the only coach who has been honest in the papers about the clubs chances. He is looking for a competitive outfit that might win 5 games. Everyone else (Macca and Meka) says they will play finals. If Timmis & Wunghnu keep going like they are they may be realistic for a finals spot come 2010 or so. :thumbsu:
i agree, i think tomoz will be a great game of footy to come and watch with some class players running around in both sides.

1. Your being kind to Wunghnu
2. Will Dookie get that close
Magic
mate either you have a previous problem with wunghnu or you just like to kick people when their down & dont wana see them do any good??? i havin't seen you write anything nice about them! i think a few of you people out there should be happy for them having a crack & trying to be a better side so that they are more competitive for all the teams out there & not just a training drill!!! so maybe some of you guys out there should give them atleast some respect for having a crack!!!!! beside if i were you i'd be worring about my own backyard!!!

& this is what i'm talking about, atleast some of the guys who have a clue & care about their league being more competitive give a little credit where credit is due! cheers good luck with gettin another flag bud

Reading todays Shepp news can anyone tell me about this Nick McKinley who is out of the dookie side i see he hasn't signed a clearence yet

Nick will sign his brother has come back to play with him, nick had an opp to clean up his ankle will be back 4-6 weeks​

Some sort of extended permit?

That would mean that home grown guys like:
Grant McLarty, Phil Carroll, Shannon Emmett, Jarrod Maskell, Brent Riordan, Matt Carroll, Daniel O'Reilly & David Teague could all return to play finals for Katandra if their clubs don't make it??? :rolleyes:
I am of the opinion that they must have played a certain amount of games during the year to be a qualified player. I think some sort of system would have some merit, surely spectators enjoy seeing home grown talent.

My tips for this weekend:

Katamatite V Katunga by 60
Strathmerton V Yarroweyah by 4
Wunghnu V Waaia by 120
Picola Utd V Deni Rovers by 100
Shepp East V Tungamah by 18
Blighty V Mathoura by 5
Katandra V Dookie Utd by 11

Selections in bold

You were close, only about 170 points off

You were close, only about 170 points off

Well I think I might have a beer with Larry & Tez cos my tips weren't much chop! Well done Deni & Katty. This looks like it will be a very interesting year! I would have put my left nut on Picola if you had asked me on Friday. Good to see my old mate Benji back at the Rovers.

Even in the KDFL Gig beat Ardmona!

Well I think I might have a beer with Larry & Tez cos my tips weren't much chop! Well done Deni & Katty. This looks like it will be a very interesting year! I would have put my left nut on Picola if you had asked me on Friday. Good to see my old mate Benji back at the Rovers.

Even in the KDFL Gig beat Ardmona!
Unbelieveable, Deni beat picola, Katty beat Katunga and after last week Shepp East give Tunga a touch up, Gig beating Ardmona is interesting, know a few that Gig have picked up and they go alright, but certainly a surprise. Can someone fill me in whether Brunt and, or,Walker played and what happened to Katunga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelieveable, Deni beat picola, Katty beat Katunga and after last week Shepp East give Tunga a touch up, Gig beating Ardmona is interesting, know a few that Gig have picked up and they go alright, but certainly a surprise. Can someone fill me in whether Brunt and, or,Walker played and what happened to Katunga

Yeah had the pleasure of watching this game sinking a few tins. Brunt didn't play but Walker did. Apparently his last game as his suspension from the Bushies is up.

Interested to see Katandra gave Dookie a hiding, i thought Dookie were looking alright this year on paper any news on the match

Interested to see Katandra gave Dookie a hiding, i thought Dookie were looking alright this year on paper any news on the match

the the kats sure did show dookie up, dookie were going good until the second quarter and it all just fell apart, dookie giving away a countless amount of 50m penalties by the end of the game, ozzie may have to do a bit of thinking during the week and make some changes if dookie are going to be the side they are supposed to be this year.

Certainly worth noting that all the Dookie roosters who have been crowing all summer have suddenly gone very quiet.

Amazing what a reality check does.

Don't worry about Dookie, as I said previously we were very lucky to get them first up, if they had on kicked straight early there would have been a lot more scoreboard pressure on and the result may have been different. LeBrocq got lots of the footy but seemed to get tied up alot. Once they all know each other they will do quite well. Also looked very smart in their shirt, slacks and shoes, pity it was about 35 degrees!

mate either you have a previous problem with wunghnu or you just like to kick people when their down & dont wana see them do any good??? i havin't seen you write anything nice about them! i think a few of you people out there should be happy for them having a crack & trying to be a better side so that they are more competitive for all the teams out there & not just a training drill!!! so maybe some of you guys out there should give them atleast some respect for having a crack!!!!! beside if i were you i'd be worring about my own backyard!!!

I can see that your only new to this so I’ll explain a few things since I’ve been on here a while and have being writing the Spectator for the last 5 years, If you read some of my older stuff you will see that I have given Wunghnu nothing but praise for there effort in constantly getting teams on the park while they were getting 30 goal plus floggings. No long ago I was asked by one of there committee members to give them a hand by sending them my B&F PowerPoint presentation template that I use here at Berrigan and have used for other clubs to help them out, which I had no hesitation in doing as I think all clubs should help each other, not only did I get no feedback I also got no thanks. I recently had to deal with the committee again and got no joy in that as well. I’ve dealt with other clubs like Waaia and Katandra to give them a hand or feedback on things that they were doing and I got a great response from them, not one of disrespect and aggression. I have nothing against the players because I’ve been out on the park when you’re getting a flogging and it’s not fun, the Wunghnu club does not put across the best image.
When you go out of your way to help someone the same should reciprocated.

1 quarter of footy cost us. In the second quarter we gave away five 50's which 3 or 4 resulted in goals. We were undiciplined and didnt play like the team we have been for the last couple of months. Alot can happen in a week and its a long year, so dont write us off yet.

1 quarter of footy cost us. In the second quarter we gave away five 50's which 3 or 4 resulted in goals. We were undiciplined and didnt play like the team we have been for the last couple of months. Alot can happen in a week and its a long year, so dont write us off yet.

What about the 3 and the 4 quarters, the second half of the game you only managed to kick 5 goals to katandra's 9. Maybe that cost you too?
Very hard to say 1 quarter cost you !!

What about the 3 and the 4 quarters, the second half of the game you only managed to kick 5 goals to katandra's 9. Maybe that cost you too?
Very hard to say 1 quarter cost you !!
Nah i can definantly say that the second quartr cost us. There was no coming back from it. We blew it with the umpires and its hard to make up a 9 goal margin specially when we couldnt kick straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back