Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 2 moama players were they Frog?? As i did hear this late last week, but was told it was all of the moama boys, good if u did hold onto a couple but makes u wonder why a player signs knowing all the club & league details then all of a sudden a couple of days before Rd1 they pull the pin??? Not cool in my book unless they had a falling out with the coach/players or had personal issues making it difficult for them 2 committ? But i guess that side of things is between the club & players in question, Hope u sort it out with no follow on dramas!:thumbsu:
They were the Gilligan Boys, dont know the full story, but was told that they were coping alot from former teamates. As far as i know Moama has told them to play a few game b4 they make there decision, but it looks like they have already.
Tonta and Flynn played and played ok, especially Flynn.

Not sure of the incident, or where or what part of the game it occurred and have not heard of anything suggesting it occurred as a result of anything untoward .
Was told it was Matty Daniels and he was in Melbourne hospital yesterday ?

Was Matt Daniels, he has cracked a vertebrae and will miss at least 4-6 weeks off work, probably the season off footy. Not great, but actually a lot better than they first thought. As far as spinal injuries go - which are never good - this was one of the "better" ones you could do, apparently. Was still in hospital yesterday, not sure if home yet.

Was Matt Daniels, he has cracked a vertebrae and will miss at least 4-6 weeks off work, probably the season off footy. Not great, but actually a lot better than they first thought. As far as spinal injuries go - which are never good - this was one of the "better" ones you could do, apparently. Was still in hospital yesterday, not sure if home yet.

Well thats good news i guess, hope all goes well with his recorvery.

How did it happen. Was it a footy accident or from a careless hit ??
Hey Frog, how did the meeting between Moama officials, the Gilligan boys and the Berrigan footy club go last night. Anything resolved ??

How did it happen. Was it a footy accident or from a careless hit ??
Hey Frog, how did the meeting between Moama officials, the Gilligan boys and the Berrigan footy club go last night. Anything resolved ??
Hi Charles, didn't know there was a meeting on, but i doubt they will play here, I know from conversations last week that the club were hoping to get a few games out of them but the club looks to have cleared them so i don't know.
I was at the game and there was nothing careless during the match, a young fella got carried off after a tackle attempt and thats the only incident on the day, played in pretty good spirit. the umps copped more than the oppersition did!

my tips for this week;
jerilderie v berrigan; 23 pts (big in if purcell plays)
mathoura v deni; 28 pts (only a short trip but mathoura a 4 goal better side at home)
picola v yarraweyah; 5 pts (with lewis oliver out changes yarra set up)
strathy v blighty; 18pts (both sides off to a good start this year but strathys home ground advantage for me)

my tips for this week;
jerilderie v berrigan; 23 pts (big in if purcell plays)
mathoura v deni; 28 pts (only a short trip but mathoura a 4 goal better side at home)
picola v yarraweyah; 5 pts (with lewis oliver out changes yarra set up)
strathy v blighty; 18pts (both sides off to a good start this year but strathys home ground advantage for me)

Is ' Big Pircell ' playing for the dees this session or what? as i have heard a number of thing, will be a huge games for both clubs with the young saints wanting too make a great start to the session and the dees wanting too get that 1st win of the year, dont think you can really put the out come down too one man but..
And what has happened too Yarraweyah?would have thought they would have been flag favourites,whats happening out there, they have a good young list, i tipping them too hit back this weekend in a big way.

Is ' Big Pircell ' playing for the dees this session or what? as i have heard a number of thing, will be a huge games for both clubs with the young saints wanting too make a great start to the session and the dees wanting too get that 1st win of the year, dont think you can really put the out come down too one man but..
And what has happened too Yarraweyah?would have thought they would have been flag favourites,whats happening out there, they have a good young list, i tipping them too hit back this weekend in a big way.

In the clearances Purcell is back at the dees.
Lewy Oliver injured his arm at work and will be out for a few weeks. With him out his brother Keegan has to move to CHB with pretty much leaves Lucas Olsen as their main forward after losing their 3 main goalkickers from last year.

In the clearances Purcell is back at the dees.
Lewy Oliver injured his arm at work and will be out for a few weeks. With him out his brother Keegan has to move to CHB with pretty much leaves Lucas Olsen as their main forward after losing their 3 main goalkickers from last year.

That is a massive in for the dees, but have too wait and see how true that really is:rolleyes:.( him playing that is ). if he plays,would think berrigan captain Pyle would line up on the big fella.,
as for Yarra boys i didnt think there 3 main forwards last year were game changers anyways , i think they have a unreal mid feild which should be able too work with the forwards and kick a few each week, anyways will be a real test for all clubs this weekend:thumbsu:

So with the league looking very even & competitive this year what games are people looking forward to this weekend with the most intrest?? Bit of a toss up, but here's a couple that I'm interested in & they are- To see if big purcell does line up? Also if yarro can bounce back & show they're still a real force? If picola can keep up the intensity 2 weeks in a row against some good opposition? Where strathy really are at & if blighty really have improved or not? & if mathoura's gun recruits play & whether deni front up & show their pre season hype was called for???

Whats ur thoughts???:thumbsu:

Also just checked clearances & a couple of intrest, Tim Coopers from berrigan being denied?? Frog anything there?? Also young Josh peers going back to blighty from deni after 1 game along with brett trennery from geelong to yarro last week then back to geelong after 1 game???
Not sure SM, not involved in that side of things but i do know that when the VFCL changed the clearance rules you can only knockback a player for 3 reasons, either contracted, owe $$ or owe property. so i'm guessing has to be for of those reasons.
Knowing Coops and the club, they'll have it sorted in no time.

Not sure SM, not involved in that side of things but i do know that when the VFCL changed the clearance rules you can only knockback a player for 3 reasons, either contracted, owe $$ or owe property. so i'm guessing has to be for of those reasons.
Knowing Coops and the club, they'll have it sorted in no time.

Yeah frog i didn't think there would be much in it as coops is a pretty genuine bloke, i thought it may have been a change of heart & he wanted it cancelled so he could stay at the club?? But he definately gone??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also just checked clearances & a couple of intrest, Tim Coopers from berrigan being denied?? Frog anything there?? Also young Josh peers going back to blighty from deni after 1 game along with brett trennery from geelong to yarro last week then back to geelong after 1 game???[/QUOTE

Word on the street is Peers wasn't happy at rovers and wanted to return to Blighty . Something also to do with work ?

Also just checked clearances & a couple of intrest, Tim Coopers from berrigan being denied?? Frog anything there?? Also young Josh peers going back to blighty from deni after 1 game along with brett trennery from geelong to yarro last week then back to geelong after 1 game???[/QUOTE

Word on the street is Peers wasn't happy at rovers and wanted to return to Blighty . Something also to do with work ?
Rovers were able to find work for Peers early pre season, Blighty counter offered (albeit late) with a better dollar paying job and he grabbed it, and what 18 year old kid wouldnt.

just have to say that the mathoura and deni players would have done a better job umpiring themselves on the weekend. Rovers skills were spot on whereas mathoura only played about 10 mins of good footy.

just have to say that the mathoura and deni players would have done a better job umpiring themselves on the weekend. Rovers skills were spot on whereas mathoura only played about 10 mins of good footy.

One of the umps had already done the seconds. Is this a sign of things to come with umpiring in our League? Are we that short that the umps have to double up?

One of the umps had already done the seconds. Is this a sign of things to come with umpiring in our League? Are we that short that the umps have to double up?

Yes. Umpire shortages will be a huge problem. If you can't see a problem yet, wait til the depths of winter.

Recently retired players need to grab a whistle and help out in this area. Blokes who have played a decent amount of footy usually get up to speed pretty quickly.

2 Rounds in and only one side remains undefeated, Strathy had their chances. 6 sides on 1 win and only one without a win, and Picola where in it today till late in the game ?

Let's hope both comps can keep serving up close games throughout the season. Continuing to prove that the split works.

2 Rounds in and only one side remains undefeated, Strathy had their chances. 6 sides on 1 win and only one without a win, and Picola where in it today till late in the game ?

Yeah strathy had their chance and will be disappointed with the way they played but take nothing away from blighty. They played good footy with plenty of run and rotations. those two big plattfus? boys are big lads and hard to get around when they put them back. Hopefully strathy can hit back this week and keep picola winless.

Rovers were able to find work for Peers early pre season, Blighty counter offered (albeit late) with a better dollar paying job and he grabbed it, and what 18 year old kid wouldnt.

Wasnt working awhole lot with the job Rovers set him up with. Interesting tho because his mates followed him in to town. Josh is a very handy footballer and will be very handy in the ever improved Blighty out fit. :thumbsu:

Wasnt working awhole lot with the job Rovers set him up with. Interesting tho because his mates followed him in to town. Josh is a very handy footballer and will be very handy in the ever improved Blighty out fit. :thumbsu:

I think you will find that rovers signed Brett before we even talked to Josh. Granted that Grimmo probably only came in because Josh was playing at rovers. Your kidding yourself if you think that work had anything to do with the decision. The fact rovers has an electrical apprenticeship and a cabintmaking apprenticeship on the table and he turned them both down suggests work was not the issue. Dont know the real reason and probably only Josh knows. Maybe the result in round 1 maybe. He will be surely missed at rovers as he had a big preseason and had been a great little pick up. Wish him all the best and cant wait till we battle is out for the warner tasker cup later in the year.

I think you will find that rovers signed Brett before we even talked to Josh. Granted that Grimmo probably only came in because Josh was playing at rovers. Your kidding yourself if you think that work had anything to do with the decision. The fact rovers has an electrical apprenticeship and a cabintmaking apprenticeship on the table and he turned them both down suggests work was not the issue. Dont know the real reason and probably only Josh knows. Maybe the result in round 1 maybe. He will be surely missed at rovers as he had a big preseason and had been a great little pick up. Wish him all the best and cant wait till we battle is out for the warner tasker cup later in the year.

Chillax Macdaddy, Never said the reason he left was because of work, Just stated he wasnt working much. Could of moved cause he had more working hours out there, more money, copping it off old team mates, misses the flys. Could be any reason and like you said he is the only on that knows, Dont go shooting everyone that posts on here in the foot. Just my thoughts on the matter and a few things i have heard.

As for the part in bold. Should of worded it a little better, Something like. Weird he is leaving beacuse he and his close mates are at rovers.

Rovers would be upset because i think he was almost the perfect replacment for Rhys McCulloch :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back