Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finley don't poach players, players want to come to Finley for three reasons 1 there mates 2 want to challenge themselves in a stronger comp 3 more professional and better coaches and facilities 4 many more would come if they were not so loyal to their local clubs which is a good thing 5 many go to Finley high school every day
Make that five reasons :)

Massive thumbs up.Especially for the juniors. Good to see them taste that winning feeling. Bigkev traps on about the difference in standards between the 2 leagues but at the end of the day its country footy. Clubs need to do what they need to do to stay alive.
Was great to see Finley do so well this year and hopefully they will do well in years to come but there will come a day when they will have to follow suit. Would be fantastic to have all the old Murray League rivals back in the same league again. Tocumwal, Finley, Jerilderie, Berrigan, Strathmerton, Cobram, Deniliquin, Mulwala, Nathalia, and Numurkah. Similar sized towns, bugger all travel and REAL RIVALRY.

And call it the murray league, has merit Deni a bigger town but to thier credit they remain local which is why it was good to see them knock cobram off in 2012.

Less travel and traditional rivalries can only be a good thing

And call it the murray league, has merit Deni a bigger town but to thier credit they remain local which is why it was good to see them knock cobram off in 2012.

Less travel and traditional rivalries can only be a good thing

Well go talk it up on the murray league thread. Then ask for how to split the comps into say 4 murray league divisions (run by picola league management) as a starting point for interest as we must all be bored already.

Well go talk it up on the murray league thread. Then ask for how to split the comps into say 4 murray league divisions (run by picola league management) as a starting point for interest as we must all be bored already.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean . Losing it wilty ?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean . Losing it wilty ?

Sorry I'm actually being serious. Take the three leagues MFL plus 2 PDFNL and split them how people think might work better. I said four divisions as might need more to even things between say town sizes etc.

Sorry I'm actually being serious. Take the three leagues MFL plus 2 PDFNL and split them how people think might work better. I said four divisions as might need more to even things between say town sizes etc.

I would say leave most of the south east they can have congupna etc. back to basic murray league and have blighty , rovers , Katunga , Katy , waiia , yarra

Murray division 1

Deni
Finley
Tocumwal
Berrigan
Jerilderie
Cobram
Barooga
Numurkha
Nathalia
Strathy ?

Div 2

Blighty
Hoppers
Katy
Katunga
Waaia
Rovers
Plus ?

I would say leave most of the south east they can have congupna etc. back to basic murray league and have blighty , rovers , Katunga , Katy , waiia , yarra

Is that saying blighty etc in with basic murray?

Oops posted same as your list.

Mathoura in div 2

Last edited:
Finley don't poach players, players want to come to Finley for three reasons 1 there mates 2 want to challenge themselves in a stronger comp 3 more professional and better coaches and facilities 4 many more would come if they were not so loyal to their local clubs which is a good thing 5 many go to Finley high school every day
You are full of shit points 2 & 3 are clear evidence .
Parents complaining about continuos unwanted approaches is at best case scenario poaching.
How bout you spend a little more time developing your own instead of running your gob off about how superior you believe the MFL .
And the little old PDFNL clubs can continue to get stronger and stronger and develop more and more elite players .

Parents complaining about continuos unwanted approaches is at best case scenario poaching.
How bout you spend a little more time developing your own instead of running your gob off about how superior you believe the MFL .

Sorry roar but that is a blatant lie and quite offensive to suggest Finley continually approach juniors to come to the club is absolutely ridiculous and somewhat offensive.

You talk up the pdfl juniors and there have been some great pdfl products over the years, it's seeming a bit like jealousy over the Finley junior program. People come there because they want to be there , never been a money club and pride themselves on the systems they have in place. I think the closest think to poaching as you put it would be mates saying come over and play with us.

Seriously get off your high horse and stop slandering a club that has fantastic junior program's

And sorry champ but the juniors is at a minimum a slightly better standard (the thirds at least) as you would have seen if you witnessed moama v Mulwala on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry roar but that is a blatant lie and quite offensive to suggest Finley continually approach juniors to come to the club is absolutely ridiculous and somewhat offensive.

You talk up the pdfl juniors and there have been some great pdfl products over the years, it's seeming a bit like jealousy over the Finley junior program. People come there because they want to be there , never been a money club and pride themselves on the systems they have in place. I think the closest think to poaching as you put it would be mates saying come over and play with us.

Seriously get off your high horse and stop slandering a club that has fantastic junior program's

Perhaps you could do the same. You are on the picola league thread trashing everything you can.

It goes both ways remember.

Perhaps you could do the same. You are on the picola league thread trashing everything you can.

Responding Wilty responding. Frustrations brought about by the purple guys sportsmanship up the road witnessed through non big footy ways. Hence you most likely did not realise.

Always more then 1 way to view something

Responding Wilty responding. Frustrations brought about by the purple guys sportsmanship up the road witnessed through non big footy ways. Hence you most likely did not realise.

Always more then 1 way to view something

Responding is what I do with you, yes?

Oh god your weak. So what you have been trashing the league for weeks and weeks and yet we should now be all geez sorry Finley.

Yes bigkev there is always more thAn one way to view things. But you refuse to show any form of respect instead resorting to name calling continually.

My issue with your mate was never about him. It was about the broader message.
Can we agree we would both like to avoid those circumstances happening to others if strengthening the measure via footy helps?

Responding is what I do with you, yes?

Oh god your weak. So what you have been trashing the league for weeks and weeks and yet we should now be all geez sorry Finley.

Yes bigkev there is always more thAn one way to view things. But you refuse to show any form of respect instead resorting to name calling continually.

My issue with your mate was never about him. It was about the broader message.
Can we agree we would both like to avoid those circumstances happening to others if strengthening the measure via footy helps?

My issue was you actually had facts wrong and I was not going to drag his situation into this forum why you continually went on about it. Some major facts wrong. I probably should not of responded how I did but some of what you said was completely wrong and the broader was not what was concerning me.

You gave and you got. Finley don't need sympathy at all. But will stick up for what I know to be true.

As for the standard debate the different standards provide an option for more people to be involved which is great. I just think it is ridiculous to claim that there is not a standard difference.

There are players that go up and are very good, there is also 2s players in the other comp that get good money to go play pdfl

And the little old PDFNL clubs can continue to get stronger and stronger and develop more and more elite players .
Point 2 everyone knows mfl juniors are a stronger comp because they have bigger towns it's not rocket science, point 3 both junior have coached the mfl at senior level inter league one has won premiership in pfl and one has won premiership in mfl. Damian sexton and rob hawkins both proven coaches. I think Damian was coach of year in goulburn murray last year, must say did not have the best day at senior final this year. Finley's lights and facilities are second too none in this area

It is not a blatant lie , I suggest I know a little better than you about what parents have and haven't spoken to me about .
No-one has slandered Finley's junior program , you and NFB have simply come on here trying to play out that alternative options to the PDFNL are far superior .
As for watching finals I did take great interest in many GF's including the performance of Gregory in the NW grand final which I would argue is the best individual performance by a 17 year old in a grand final for a loooooong time .

It is not a blatant lie , I suggest I know a little better than you about what parents have and haven't spoken to me about .
No-one has slandered Finley's junior program , you and NFB have simply come on here trying to play out that alternative options to the PDFNL are far superior which is not true .
As for watching finals I did take great interest in many GF's including the performance of Gregory in the NW grand final which I would argue is the best individual performance by a 17 year old in a senior grand final for a loooooong time .

No-one has slandered Finley's junior program , you and NFB have simply come on here trying to play out that alternative options to the PDFNL are far superior .
As for watching finals I did take great interest in many GF's including the performance of Gregory in the NW grand final which I would argue is the best individual performance by a 17 year old in a grand final for a loooooong time .

Was a great performance was not in the 3rds though.

So WHO is badgering these parents and kids to play at Finley ? Sorry Roar be proud of you juniors but this is just not happening.

Brownys response to points 2 and 3 are pretty valid you must admit

Point 2 everyone knows mfl juniors are a stronger comp because they have bigger towns it's not rocket science, point 3 both junior have coached the mfl at senior level inter league one has won premiership in pfl and one has won premiership in mfl. Damian sexton and rob hawkins both proven coaches. I think Damian was coach of year in goulburn murray last year, must say did not have the best day at senior final this year. Finley's lights and facilities are second too none in this area

All 3 spent time at Vfl/afl clubs

Was a great performance was not in the 3rds though.

So WHO is badgering these parents and kids to play at Finley ? Sorry Roar be proud of you juniors but this is just not happening.

Brownys response to points 2 and 3 are pretty valid you must admit
It is happening and points. 2 and 3 are not valid they are totally incorrect .
Coaches flow to and from the MFL and PDFNL regularly , whilst the professionalism of the PDFNL clubs junior programs and develop my of players is extremely good . Hence why the number of juniors coming through playing senior footy and going onto elite programs is extremely high . As for facilities I'd suggest it is a opinionated view . Both leagues are improving facilities often which both should be proud of as many other leagues are not .

My issue was you actually had facts wrong and I was not going to drag his situation into this forum why you continually went on about it. Some major facts wrong. I probably should not of responded how I did but some of what you said was completely wrong and the broader was not what was concerning me.

You gave and you got. Finley don't need sympathy at all. But will stick up for what I know to be true.

As for the standard debate the different standards provide an option for more people to be involved which is great. I just think it is ridiculous to claim that there is not a standard difference.

There are players that go up and are very good, there is also 2s players in the other comp that get good money to go play pdfl

You actually brought his situation up in this forum if you recall it opened with deni rovers are a bunch of arseholes. If you recall I tried to stop the discussion re his contract as it became more personal but then it got brought up by someone else.
I said more than I should have on here and I apologise but I was trying to focus on the bigger picture. I would have done do anything to change his situation. The enemy is not the people involved the enemy is the other right? Very emotive issue, you as a mate, and a good one by the looks, and me as a parent also a good parent. Let's leave it at that. But you gave and you got haha.
Perhaps we are more alike than either would care to admit.

Yes clubs pay money but it's because you have to in order to survive. It is just a fact for smaller clubs which exist to provide primarily a social outlet for their communities and generally have to get those players to travel. Please try and respect that.

We have always admitted there is a standard difference and as you said that's a good thing as gives everyone a kick. But man I'm sick of the inference that we are less able to produce good juniors or that kids would be better off in MFL or telling them they are playing in piss weak picola league. All of which I got told as a parent for at least five years. It's not fair on our clubs or more importantly the kids.

The difference is predominantly depth related.

As for the weak comment it was to say toughen up so what some drunk footballers cheered that's just rivalry. But I guess the timing sucked to see it so I can see your point.

I do respect Finley a lot a small town being successful for quite a while now. Regardless of whether you won the flag or not the club is still successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back