Pies and Dogs looking at Bachar Houli

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pies and Dogs looking at Bacher Houli

Have heard that he is being looked at by the Tigers as well. If it a late round pick or player for player swap I wouldn't mind.

Have heard that he is being looked at by the Tigers as well. If it a late round pick or player for player swap I wouldn't mind.

I think a 3rd or 4th round pick would be about right Ruthless Tiger.

No offence but, I do not think Richmond have anything that we would like that would be in the offering for Bachar's services..

Sorry :eek:

Why can't he sign a 1 year contract with the Bombers and than get picked up as an off contract player by GWS?

It depends whether or not Essendon is going to delist him at the end of the year. Given he's very much in the outer in the revolving door of Essendon's team selection, I doubt he'd be around next year and if they get any decent offer (as I expect they would) I'd imagine he'd be gone.

PS: Anyone actually think he is not that good, but Sheedy drafted him purely to get into the Muslim market of supporters?

At pick 42 anyone can be a bit of a lottery, and given his pluses (kicking, speed) I think it was a valid selection... I don't doubt that the "history" angle appealed to Sheedy though. He seems to love his history books.

With a new team set to enter the comp next year and another the year after I think someone would take him. I can't see us taking him as we've got enough of that type. We need a lock down mid and thats not him. Although thinking about it I guess we'll be trimming away Corrie and Cook so they might take him in their spot if he's cheap.

A team looking to boost its depth or going through a bit of rebuild would take a look at him. From the few games I've seen I think he can make it AFL level as a wingman or HBF'er. I must admit that I'm not fully aware of all his pros and cons, but I think I saw enough to think he's a player that can be good at AFL level. I could see the Lions, Dockers, Kangas and Richmond considering him.

The Dogs might take him if Harbrow heads to the GC and the same could be said for Port if the Krakour rumours turn out to be true. I guess the Saints might look at him to take the place of Lovett or Smith. I guess with the GC coming in and the rumours of about 9 (?) unknown players having signed up with them makes it possible for Houli to end up at any club.

With a new team set to enter the comp next year and another the year after I think someone would take him. I can't see us taking him as we've got enough of that type. We need a lock down mid and thats not him. Although thinking about it I guess we'll be trimming away Corrie and Cook so they might take him in their spot if he's cheap.

A team looking to boost its depth or going through a bit of rebuild would take a look at him. From the few games I've seen I think he can make it AFL level as a wingman or HBF'er. I must admit that I'm not fully aware of all his pros and cons, but I think I saw enough to think he's a player that can be good at AFL level. I could see the Lions, Dockers, Kangas and Richmond considering him.

The Dogs might take him if Harbrow heads to the GC and the same could be said for Port if the Krakour rumours turn out to be true. I guess the Saints might look at him to take the place of Lovett or Smith. I guess with the GC coming in and the rumours of about 9 (?) unknown players having signed up with them makes it possible for Houli to end up at any club.

Yep.

We have an absolute bounty of tough inside midfielders.

His type is certainly what the club will be targeting over the next 2 off-seasons imo.

With all due respect to Houli, I could only think we'd look at him on the wing or the HBF.
Wood's rapid rise, Shaggy demanding a spot and Murphy playing in defence means we are probably one quality HBFer too many as it is.

On the wing with Eagleton going and Everitt not stamping a spot there a spot might open up, but Reid should kick on next year which will push another of our midfield rotations out there, and that's before we consider a handful of games may well be pumped into Libba/Wallis.

Moles as a rookie this year will be upgraded and he will be a deph player so not sure where Houli fits in TBH.

Bit like how we got Corrie for pick 93?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds a lot like Jordy McMahon.

Looks good when he's got it in the open and can size up a kick, but when the pressure is on ( either on him, or him able to put it on others ), goes to water.

He'll be a direct replacement for Harbrow, who has already signed with the GC.
Does he play that way though? He's bigger than Harbrow and doesn't seem to have the same agility.

Bulldogs wouldn't need him. We've got enough players that can't crack the team. He wouldn't be more likely to get a game over someone like Moles and there's no chance he'd nudge one of our main mids out of the side.

He's solid enough but we just don't have a need for him.

I'm not suggesting he's as good, but Houli could be a solid replacement for Harbrow. Maybe it's me being too optimistic, but I really like Houli. I was shattered when we overlooked him a few years ago on Draft day. I've played against Houli at juniour level and he tore my team apart.

If you play him the right way, and have a good coach showing him the way, then he could turn into a 200 gamer.

Tonight's performance probably decreased his value :rolleyes:

Tonight's performance probably decreased his value :rolleyes:

Dont think so.

Houli would be drafted for specific qualities - One is his kicking - And his kicking was fine.

Played a few years of footy against him just a freak dominated the WRFL

His family im preety sure all barrack for Collingwood

A con of his would have to be injuries seems to be injured alot even in his last season or 2 in the WRFL before being drafted he was always injured
nope of them do i know the family

and in wrfl he'll we get BOG if he didnt play thats how good he was i watch most of his jr games played with him in some

Why would Collingwood want this guy?

He's not a terrible player but he wouldn't get a game. I don't even see him as a potential emergency player. I guess we did pick up Simon Buckley for what seems to be no reason but to trade for this guy? I'd say no.

Having not really seen him play my comments are based on what has been said in this thread, but I believe the Bulldogs would be looking at him for one of two reasons.

Some posters have mentioned that whilst not a regular defender, he has performed roles on the likes of Milne to effect. With Harbrow reportedly being at best a 50-50 chance of staying, and Tim callan destined for the scrapheap Houli could be being lined up as a replacement/backup for this back pocket role, giving us someone other than a Howard, Addison or Tutt to call upon should both Callan and Harbrow depart.

He has also been talked about as having good footskills, which could potentially see him used on the wing/half forward as a replacement for Eagleton and Akermanis. Ideally if his pace is good then this would also pose as a viable solution. I can't see him recruited as an inside midfielder however as with all of Cross, Boyd, Reid, Cooney, Griffen, Ward, Moles, Wallis, Liberatore, Addison and various others able to perform this role he would be surplus to our requirements in this role.

So we would be potentially looking at him to fill one or both of these roles should we recruit him, for very little cost in a draft missing its sting. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded for a very late pick, or maybe a deal where one of our picks is downgraded for Houli.

Happy to trade our third round pick for Houli and if u want schammer (he will be free of charge).

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies and Dogs looking at Bachar Houli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back