the_champ_2004

All Australian
Oct 11, 2004
Here ther and Everywhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
This is going to be a bit long so bare with me on this.

Today at work I spent a while looking through the Collingwood list and seeing what needed to be addressed. Started by writing down the Collingwood list, all off the top of my head, no assistance needed (was pretty happy with myself about this) So here is the 07 list:

Senior List
Anthony
Brown
Bryan
Buckley
Burns
Clement
Cloke
Cook
Cox
Davies
Davis
Dawes
Dick
Didak
Egan
Fraser
Goldsack
Holland
Iles
Johnson
Licuria
Lockyer
Lonie
Maxwell
Medhurst
O'Bree
O'Brien
Pendlebury
Prestigiacomo
Reid
Richards
Rocca
Rusling
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Swan
Thomas
Toovey
Wakelin

Rookie List
Clarke
Wellingham
Macaffer
Nicholls

So now for the list changes

Out
Buckley (retired)
Clement (retired)
Licuria (retired)
Richards (delisted)
Davies (traded)
Holland (delisted)
Toovey (delisted)
Macaffer (delisted)
Nicholls (delisted)

In
Woods
Barham
Draft pick - KP defender
Draft pick - Ruckman
Draft pick - Inside Mid
Dyas - Rookie list
Rookie 1
Rookie 2
Rookie 3

Richards is well Richards. Holland is only rivaled by Guy Richards for the least penetrating kick at the club. Toovey is out of his depth. Macaffer is not showing enough and Nicholls is a second year rookie. Maybe one more delistment if there is someone in pre-season draft. If so then goodbye Lonie. Promote Wellingham and Clarke to the senior list. In the draft I think that targeting a defender, ruckman, inside mid as well as Barham will be suitable for the list. If people could add some players that will be available around our picks nominate some options we could go for. If we get someone in the PSD go for a defender, that is now our weakness in the coming years. Our picks are 31, 47, 63, 79, 95, 96, 111, 127 if we really wanted to go that far. I think we will be taking Barham with pick 79 or 95. The deal with Davies and the roos was to make sure that he got a second chance he deserved at a club that wanted him, nothing trade.

I even Broke down the side from the ones I said should stay on the list.

Defenders

Anthony
Brown
Maxwell
O'Brien
Prestigiacomo
Wakelin

Def/Mids
Cox
Goldsack
Iles
Lonie
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Clarke

Mids

Burns
Cook
Johnson
Lockyer
O'Bree
Pendlebury
Swan
Barham

For/Mids
Davis
Dick
Didak
Egan
Medhurst
Thomas
Wellingham

Forwards
Cloke
Dawes
Reid
Rocca
Rusling

Rucks
Bryan
Fraser
Wood

The side that lines up in round one I think should look something like this. Remember this is the round on side, not our best side.

B: Maxwell Prestigiacomo Wakelin
HB: Shaw, H O'Brien Goldsack
C: Pendlebury Burns Clarke
HF: Didak Cloke Thomas
F: Rusling Rocca Medhurst
Foll: Fraser Lockyer Johnson
Int: Wood Davis Swan O'Bree
Emerg:Bryan Shaw, R Reid

What do you guys think? I know a bit of the midfield is out of place but otherwise? Or am I just full of sh!t

Absolutely no way in hell will Holland or Lonie be delisted and Davies kept.. that's not being objective, that's just a personal wish

Absolutely no way in hell will Holland or Lonie be delisted and Davies kept.. that's not being objective, that's just a personal wish

Why? Davies obviously has some talent and i have given my reasons as to why they should be delisted. Are they out of order or what?

O'Bree not even an emergency?

may as well delist him if you think he'll drop out of favour that much even before round 1.

My bad, probable swap him for at least cox, maybe even R Shaw.

Whether you think Davies is good or not, I'd say he is odds-on to be delisted.

VFL B&F, showed some solid form but was never seriously considered for selection, not even getting on the emergencies list. When guys play decent footy in the magoos, yet still get overlooked for rookies and debutants - it generally means the match committee have put a line through them.

ok from general opinion Lonie is safe for now. Ill change it now. Although he was injured for some of the year he was not considered for selection during the finals, i don't think he has a lot more to offer.
When Matthews wanted him the other day and Lonie refused to go Collingwood would have told him it was his only chance to play if we were delisting him, so he is absolutely safe

i'm just thinking that in terms of the list and the future there need to be some sacrifices made. If that means delisting an expirience fringe player to give someone thike Barham a go then so be it. You can't hang onto everyone.

Today at work I spent a while looking through the Collingwood list and seeing what needed to be addressed. Started by writing down the Collingwood list, all off the top of my head, no assistance needed (was pretty happy with myself about this) So here is the 07 list:

Senior List
Anthony
Brown
Bryan
Buckley
Burns
Clement
Cloke
Cook
Cox
Davies
Davis
Dawes
Dick
Didak
Egan
Fraser
Goldsack
Holland
Iles
Johnson
Licuria
Lockyer
Lonie
Maxwell
Medhurst
O'Bree
O'Brien
Pendlebury
Prestigiacomo
Reid
Richards
Rocca
Rusling
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Swan
Thomas
Toovey
Wakelin

Rookie List
Clarke
Wellingham
Macaffer
Nicholls

Out
Buckley (retired)
Clement (retired)
Licuria (retired)
Richards (delisted)
Davies (delisted)
Holland (delisted)
Toovey (delisted)
Macaffer (delisted)

In
Woods
Barham
Draft pick - KP defender
Draft pick - Ruckman
Draft pick - Inside Mid
Dyas - Rookie list
Rookie 1
Rookie 2

Richards is well Richards. Holland is only rivaled by Guy Richards for the least penetrating kick at the club. Toovey is out of his depth. Macaffer is not showing enough. Maybe one more delistments if there is someone in pre-season draft. If so then goodbye Lonie. Promote Wellingham and Clarke to the senior list. In the draft I think that targeting a defender, ruckman, inside mid as well as Barham will be suitable for the list. If people could add some players that will be available around our picks nominate some options we could go for. If we get someone in the PSD go for a defender, that is now our weakness in the coming years.

Defenders
Anthony
Brown
Maxwell
O'Brien
Prestigiacomo
Wakelin

Def/Mids
Cox
Goldsack
Iles
Lonie
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Clarke

Mids
Burns
Cook
Johnson
Lockyer
O'Bree
Pendlebury
Swan
Barham

For/Mids
Davis
Dick
Didak
Egan
Medhurst
Thomas
Wellingham

Forwards
Cloke
Dawes
Reid
Rocca
Rusling

Rucks
Bryan
Fraser
Wood

The side that lines up in round one I think should look something like this. Remember this is the round on side, not our best side.

What do you guys think? I know a bit of the midfield is out of place but otherwise? Or am I just full of sh!t

Pretty damn good, first for remembering all the names and second, for the side. My only beef would be I'd keep Tooves (4 or 5 pretty fair games and one shocker, real tryer and has got skills but loses confidence and makes himself look worse - give him a year to grow out of it) and I think Egan might be a smoky to be gone - not for skills reasons.

I'd have Emergencies Cox, Stanley and Reid with Bryan perhaps EXTREME emergency - like everyone else died last night. Otherwise, not bad at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget that we need to delist at least one more to promote Marty to the senior list. I'd assume that we'd draft at 30 and 46, then pick Barham at 62, which means we need to delist 5 guys (Wood, Barham, Clarke, two other draftees) so: Buckley, Clement, Licuria, Davies, Richards. Next year we want four rookies, Wellingham stays on, Dyas comes onto the list, as for MacAffer and Nicholls, if its their second year, keep em, if its their third year, they can't stay on so we rookie two new guys, perhaps this Batsianas I keep reading. Done.

Senior List
Anthony
Brown
Bryan
Buckley
Burns
Clement
Cloke
Cook
Cox
Davies
Davis
Dawes
Dick
Didak
Egan
Fraser
Goldsack
Holland
Iles
Johnson
Licuria
Lockyer
Lonie
Maxwell
Medhurst
O'Bree
O'Brien
Pendlebury
Prestigiacomo
Reid
Richards
Rocca
Rusling
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Swan
Thomas
Toovey
Wakelin

Rookie List
Clarke
Wellingham
Macaffer
Nicholls

Out
Buckley (retired)
Clement (retired)
Licuria (retired)
Richards (delisted)
Davies (delisted)
Holland (delisted)
Toovey (delisted)
Macaffer (delisted)
Nicholls (delisted)

In
Woods
Barham
Draft pick - KP defender
Draft pick - Ruckman
Draft pick - Inside Mid
Dyas - Rookie list
Rookie 1
Rookie 2
Rookie 3

Richards is well Richards. Holland is only rivaled by Guy Richards for the least penetrating kick at the club. Toovey is out of his depth. Macaffer is not showing enough and Nicholls is a second year rookie. Maybe one more delistments if there is someone in pre-season draft. If so then goodbye Lonie. Promote Wellingham and Clarke to the senior list. In the draft I think that targeting a defender, ruckman, inside mid as well as Barham will be suitable for the list. If people could add some players that will be available around our picks nominate some options we could go for. If we get someone in the PSD go for a defender, that is now our weakness in the coming years.

Defenders

Anthony
Brown
Maxwell
O'Brien
Prestigiacomo
Wakelin

Def/Mids
Cox
Goldsack
Iles
Lonie
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Clarke

Mids

Burns
Cook
Johnson
Lockyer
O'Bree
Pendlebury
Swan
Barham

For/Mids
Davis
Dick
Didak
Egan
Medhurst
Thomas
Wellingham

Forwards
Cloke
Dawes
Reid
Rocca
Rusling

Rucks
Bryan
Fraser
Wood

Macaffer is just a rookie he will not be delisted yet he has only been on the rookie lits 4 one year

Senior List
Anthony
Brown
Bryan
Buckley
Burns
Clement
Cloke
Cook
Cox
Davies
Davis
Dawes
Dick
Didak
Egan
Fraser
Goldsack
Holland
Iles
Johnson
Licuria
Lockyer
Lonie
Maxwell
Medhurst
O'Bree
O'Brien
Pendlebury
Prestigiacomo
Reid
Richards
Rocca
Rusling
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Swan
Thomas
Toovey
Wakelin

Rookie List
Clarke
Wellingham
Macaffer
Nicholls

Out
Buckley (retired)
Clement (retired)
Licuria (retired)
Richards (delisted)
Davies (delisted)
Holland (delisted)
Toovey (delisted)
Macaffer (delisted)
Nicholls (delisted)

In
Woods
Barham
Draft pick - KP defender
Draft pick - Ruckman
Draft pick - Inside Mid
Dyas - Rookie list
Rookie 1
Rookie 2
Rookie 3

Richards is well Richards. Holland is only rivaled by Guy Richards for the least penetrating kick at the club. Toovey is out of his depth. Macaffer is not showing enough and Nicholls is a second year rookie. Maybe one more delistments if there is someone in pre-season draft. If so then goodbye Lonie. Promote Wellingham and Clarke to the senior list. In the draft I think that targeting a defender, ruckman, inside mid as well as Barham will be suitable for the list. If people could add some players that will be available around our picks nominate some options we could go for. If we get someone in the PSD go for a defender, that is now our weakness in the coming years.

Defenders
Anthony
Brown
Maxwell
O'Brien
Prestigiacomo
Wakelin

Def/Mids
Cox
Goldsack
Iles
Lonie
Shaw, H
Shaw, R
Stanley
Clarke

Mids
Burns
Cook
Johnson
Lockyer
O'Bree
Pendlebury
Swan
Barham

For/Mids
Davis
Dick
Didak
Egan
Medhurst
Thomas
Wellingham

Forwards
Cloke
Dawes
Reid
Rocca
Rusling

Rucks
Bryan
Fraser
Wood

Holland won't be delisted.

Get rid of Cox...he's a muppet.

And in regards to the side you put up...very close...but they won't have Wakelin & Presty in the same side...too slow.

I look at all this & say where are e going to improve? Where are we possibly going to fall away.

Improvements & wild cards:
-Ruck obviously with Fraser to go forward an exciting thought
-The continual improvement of 2nd & 3rd year players
-Chris Egan injury free will be interesting as the kid has talent
-Holland (do not shoot me for this) if he can get full fitness he is still a great run with shut down player, which we do not really have anymore - would have been handy on Ablett
-Chris Dawes say no more
- Marty Clarke with a full pre-season and year of footy under his belt
-Shannon Cox if he can harden up (plus more muscle) will be interesting
-Didak in the middle more
-Depth is great.
-Reid & Rusling next step needed especially Rus

Worries:
-Leadership & experience
- Still don't think midfield is up to it unless Leon & Didak can step up a lot, a few injuries and we will struggle in here.
- Backline without Clement will hurt, he has held that together very well & need Presti back to give the young fellas some strength. We can be exposed here now & again.
- No Buckley, I dont care how much he was not there this year he will be missed

Go Pies 2008

So who gets the (c) and (vc) next to their names?

I'd go for Maxwell as Captain, and either tarkyn or pendles as vice captains. Would have put Josh Fraser in there but obviously his situation at the club remains uncertain.

your thoughts?

So who gets the (c) and (vc) next to their names?

I'd go for Maxwell as Captain, and either tarkyn or pendles as vice captains. Would have put Josh Fraser in there but obviously his situation at the club remains uncertain.

your thoughts?

I think we should either pick an interem captain for the next year or 2 in Burns or we should Give it to Heatch. Maxwell is a good solid player very worth VC material but I worry that he doesn't have a spot on the field that demands his selection, long term he may be edged out of the best 22

I think we should either pick an interem captain for the next year or 2 in Burns or we should Give it to Heatch. Maxwell is a good solid player very worth VC material but I worry that he doesn't have a spot on the field that demands his selection, long term he may be edged out of the best 22

yeah i did think about that but his 1 percenters, hardness and passion make him invaluable at the selection table. Burns for next year would be good and then they could assess how our list develops and pick someone suitable for 2009 onwards. im a big supporter of giving the captaincy to someone who can lead well for a number of years.

yeah i did think about that but his 1 percenters, hardness and passion make him invaluable at the selection table. Burns for next year would be good and then they could assess how our list develops and pick someone suitable for 2009 onwards. im a big supporter of giving the captaincy to someone who can lead well for a number of years.

Yep Maxwell for me strikes me as one of those spirtual natural leaders, should always be in the leadership group and could make a good captain but I think Heath and Pendles are also natural leaders who are far greater footballers and hence may be in front of him in the captaincy stakes, but who knows

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies in 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back