Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Accuracy is not a knee jerk reaction to a loss. It is a problem that has plagued us as long as I can recall, namely recruiting player after player unable to hit a fellow teammate on the full or pierce the middle sticks with an inflated oval ball.
Totally concur, accuracy for goal and in general disposal has been a long term thing.
Almost cost the 2010 flag in the drawn match.
If you can pass ball,cleanly to tram mates magically pressure is decreased.

Accuracy is not a knee jerk reaction to a loss. It is a problem that has plagued us as long as I can recall, namely recruiting player after player unable to hit a fellow teammate on the full or pierce the middle sticks with an inflated oval ball.
Our "game plan" that relies solely on harassing the opposition is largely responsible for our inaccuracy and running out out of puff in the second half of the season.
But of course I'm just a numbnut who doesn't know the intricate details of our plans and should be completely ignored.

Our "game plan" that relies solely on harassing the opposition is largely responsible for our inaccuracy and running out out of puff in the second half of the season.
But of course I'm just a numbnut who doesn't know the intricate details of our plans and should be completely ignored.
I have not had a clear view of our team till I returned yesterday, and I was appalled. Pendleburys' confession about it being many years since he had played in a dead game was unexpected and perplexing. Why would an elite player and captain admit to being uninspired to compete in a game? This should not be dismissed as just a passing remark. It was admission of the ease with which failure can overcome success. It provided a rare and unintended insight into the mind and heart of those we expect to be bleeding black and white for us, who in their mind are in fact already ordering a late breakfast to be delivered to their secluded post season, Balinese suite. And those words came from our captain, considered to be the pinnacle of club decency, devotion and decorum. What does that say for the team's lesser and younger lights and their approach to the game? Collingwood captains don't air the club's dirty jocks in public! Or do they, Pendlebury?

I have not had a clear view of our team till I returned yesterday, and I was appalled. Pendleburys' confession about it being many years since he had played in a dead game was unexpected and perplexing. Why would an elite player and captain admit to being uninspired to compete in a game? This should not be dismissed as just a passing remark. It was admission of the ease with which failure can overcome success. It provided a rare and unintended insight into the mind and heart of those we expect to be bleeding black and white for us, who in their mind are in fact already ordering a late breakfast to be delivered to their secluded post season, Balinese suite. And those words came from our captain, considered to be the pinnacle of club decency, devotion and decorum. What does that say for the team's lesser and younger lights and their approach to the game? Collingwood captains don't air the club's dirty jocks in public! Or do they, Pendlebury?
The less thought you apply to what's been happening to our Club of late the better you'd be , you'd probably be even more confused if you were to know our Captain was saying we were still in the finals race only a fortnight ago when anyone with a modicum of intelligence would tell you this wasn't the case.

Jesus mate, you need to stop obsessing and relax. Have a pull or something......

Even if you think you could discern Collingwood's game style from any single game (you can't), do you really think that the game against Richmond would provide an accurate reflection of it? Whenever one team thrashes another, it usually suggests that a number of things have gone horribly wrong, and given that the Tigers have given us our only serious hiding for the year, the way we played on Saturday gives little or no insight into the bigger picture. Certain disturbing aspects were again apparent (disposal, decision-making when going forward), but these are not manifestations of how we've been trying to play our football throughout the year, even if such problems have plagued us all year. Put simply, you returned to watch your team at its lowest ebb, and you've missed a lot of the better things which came before that dark day.

As for Pendlebury's comments, yes, they should be dismissed as just a passing remark, and any suggestion that his comments are evidence of a deeper malaise are laughable. His comments do suggest that the team has become dispirited, but for that very reason they also suggest that the team's downward turn has hurt everyone. Pendlebury is lauded for his approach to the game, and for the example he sets. His professionalism has been a beacon for the young kids coming into our club for years, and his exertions upon the field are plain for all of us to see. And yet people want to take one isolated comment on the back of a bitterly disappointing day and use it to question his endeavour?

What you reckon that a BJ 'like' is indicative of a great post! Personally I believe the opposite is true.

I think you are reading a little too much into Pendlebury's comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury is paid around $800000 a year to among other things choose his words carefully after a game. I expect more bang for my buck.

Your entitled to your view. Personally I didn't have an issue with it.

Pendlebury is paid around $800000 a year to among other things choose his words carefully after a game. I expect more bang for my buck.

Maybe he should hand back $10,000, donate it to the Quivering Hearts Society for Unrealistic Expectations.

Pendlebury's error on this occasion is so slight as to be beneath serious contemplation, yet here we are. You expect more 'bang for your buck'? Fair enough. And I expect supporters to cut their champions some slack when they have a momentary brain fart, but maybe we're just all going to have to live with bitter disappointment.

Some of us in life are fortunate enough not to have to resort to self-flagellation.

If you think that having a pull and self-flagellation are the same thing, then...well, you're doing it wrong.

Maybe he should hand back $10,000, donate it to the Quivering Hearts Society for Unrealistic Expectations.

Pendlebury's error on this occasion is so slight as to be beneath serious contemplation, yet here we are. You expect more 'bang for your buck'? Fair enough. And I expect supporters to cut their champions some slack when they have a momentary brain fart, but maybe we're just all going to have to live with bitter disappointment.
If you happen to own shares or have superannuation, there are certainly far more important concerns today than Pendles' words or even the team's lack of classy kickers.

If you happen to own shares or have superannuation, there are certainly far more important concerns today than Pendles' words or even the team's lack of classy kickers.

Yes, and the planet is inexorably warming, a far more important concern that a bear market and the rise and fall of a man's share portfolio. But still we find time to pot our captain an pan the rest of the team. Who said men can't multitask?

It's hard to put your finger on it but the thing we need to learn to do is defend and cover and then attack, at the moment we seem to attack attack attack (with no real purpose) then when we run out of chances the ball is straight down the other end for an EASY goal.

We need to get more Ross Lyon. We are scrappers, not jets.

You must still be jet-lagged TGG, a BJ is a simple abbreviation for a particular job starting with a B. ;)
Do you think I have just dropped from the moon!? I was largely confused because I genuinely did not want to go back and reread a post liked by BJ, so initially I didn't. When I eventually did, and realised my own post was indirectly involved, I immediately understood the 'humour'. But thanks for trying to educate me - I am sure you had the best of intentions.;)

22. Steele Sidebottom
Statistics:22 kicks, 10 handballs, 32 disposals, 11 marks, 5 inside 50s.Playing in his 141st game for the Collingwood Football Club, Sidebottom finished with yet another 30-plus possession game. For the second week running the midfielder won disposals at will, finishing with 32 touches. 25 of these touches came in the middle of the ground as the 24-year-old looked to be the crucial link in the chain on a number of forward drives. Ever the reliable user of the ball, he finished with a disposal efficiency of 78.1 per cent and kicked the ball at 77 per cent accuracy. In addition to a solid contribution with his feet, Sidebottom also possessed strong hands against the Tigers. His 11 marks was the second highest total of his career, trailing only a display of 12 grabs against North Melbourne in round five, 2014.

Actually I was not super Impressed in Steele’s Game. Lot was UnContested Stuff and I felt his Kicking lacked Damage and was lot of Short Kicks.

That is my Thought Though and Mine alone

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-24/vote-who-was-valiant-at-the-g

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back