Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

With how the season has played out for us and how Richmond have peaked, we are around 2.8k off them from having the best attendance for the year. All this talk about them becoming the biggest club is just garbage.

Once we are back up and running it'll be daylight for second!

Richmond on 976,029
Collingwood on 973,192
Hawthorn on 855,004

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With how the season has played out for us and how Richmond have peaked, we are around 2.8k off them from having the best attendance for the year. All this talk about them becoming the biggest club is just garbage.

Richmond on 976,029
Collingwood on 973,192
Hawthorn on 855,004

Agree - We won 1 game in about 10 Week and we are 2nd in Attendance. We be so far in front of Richmond IF we where playing still like we did in the 1st Half of the Season

Richmond on 976,029
Collingwood on 973,192
Hawthorn on 855,004

Your club is currently bigger than my club. There is no doubt about it and will remain so for the foreseeable future. However, we have not won a premiership for 35 years and have not won a single final for 14 years yet we have over 70K members. So despite our season being better than yours, I think we are doing well overall with attendances and memberships. We seem to have overtaken Carlton and are catching up to Essendon (if not gone past them too) despite out lack of recent finals success.

Your club is currently bigger than my club. There is no doubt about it and will remain so for the foreseeable future. However, we have not won a premiership for 35 years and have not won a single final for 14 years yet we have over 70K members. So despite our season being better than yours, I think we are doing well overall with attendances and memberships. We seem to have overtaken Carlton and are catching up to Essendon (if not gone past them too) despite out lack of recent finals success.
It's not necessarily past glories that ensure memberships/attendances.
It's hope.
Right at this point Bluesers and Bombers are hope less.

It was the first game this year where you got the impression we really dropped our bundle and didn't at least fight the game out, which was a shame

The Tigers were so much more efficient in moving the ball inside their forward fifty and creating high percentage chances.

Good luck to the Tigers in September, they're playing a good brand of footy and their supporters are a pretty loyal bunch, I reckon.

Hopefully we can regroup and compete hard against the Cats, they belted us in the first half last time around, and knock off the Bombers in rd 23.

Last edited:

Richmond deserve enormous credit for turning around the club. You have a significant supporter base and have finally got things right in regard to running a professional club. I suspect our two clubs will be engaged in some great battles over the next few years. Hopefully another two H&A games next year.

It really is amazing how many richmond supporters there are in the woodwork. Some of them are buried away and hardly make a murmur for years and then they suddenly pop up and tell the world that they are richmond supporters. My parents are like this. My mother has got vocal on the Tigers in the last few years after hardly saying a word about them for 30 years. My brother-in-law seamlessly changed from being a richmond supporter to a Magpie supporter because he wanted to go to the footy with is mates. He has never looked back. I could never do that. People say that they are passionate. I think that's only the case when they're winning. Tiger fans are definitely unique.

I have not had a clear view of our team till I returned yesterday, and I was appalled. Pendleburys' confession about it being many years since he had played in a dead game was unexpected and perplexing. Why would an elite player and captain admit to being uninspired to compete in a game? This should not be dismissed as just a passing remark. It was admission of the ease with which failure can overcome success. It provided a rare and unintended insight into the mind and heart of those we expect to be bleeding black and white for us, who in their mind are in fact already ordering a late breakfast to be delivered to their secluded post season, Balinese suite. And those words came from our captain, considered to be the pinnacle of club decency, devotion and decorum. What does that say for the team's lesser and younger lights and their approach to the game? Collingwood captains don't air the club's dirty jocks in public! Or do they, Pendlebury?

You gotta wonder what's happening within the club when the captain speaks honestly with the press after a game. Where was the media department? Didn't they run him through some mock interviews about this issue in the week preceding the match? it doesnt take much to string a few of the usual words together - "devastated but we need to pick ourselves up for next week". I delivered that line without thinking. Pendles should be able to do the same. If he insists on being honest in the future, we should strip him of the captaincy - as many collingwood "supporters" twitted this week.

You gotta wonder what's happening within the club when the captain speaks honestly with the press after a game. Where was the media department? Didn't they run him through some mock interviews about this issue in the week preceding the match? it doesnt take much to string a few of the usual words together - "devastated but we need to pick ourselves up for next week". I delivered that line without thinking. Pendles should be able to do the same. If he insists on being honest in the future, we should strip him of the captaincy - as many collingwood "supporters" twitted this week.
Are your signature songs a sarcastic take on Baltimore Jack's life-force affirming Bruce Springsteen quote?

Would you just keep going if you took a wrong turn, leaving your wife and kids to fend for themselves? Says a lot about a man's character, that just because he turned left instead of right, he could so lightly jettison all semblance of family responsibility.

If you were to liken your life to a river, would you want it to be so aimless as to not know in which direction it's flowing?!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is amazing how many richmond supporters there are in the woodwork. Some of them are buried away and hardly make a murmur for years and then they suddenly pop up and tell the world that they are richmond supporters. My parents are like this. My mother has got vocal on the Tigers in the last few years after hardly saying a word about them for 30 years. My brother-in-law seamlessly changed from being a richmond supporter to a Magpie supporter because he wanted to go to the footy with is mates. He has never looked back. I could never do that. People say that they are passionate. I think that's only the case when they're winning. Tiger fans are definitely unique.

I disagree. Think this is all clubs. Plus being die hard isn't a pre-requisite for being a loyal team supporter. My enthusiasm for the game comes and goes at strange intervals. People just enjoy footy at different intensities. Clubs understand that winning will always bring in bigger crowds and I understand band wagoners but as I said that's all clubs - including ours. Just wait until Melbourne get out of their rutt. Ugh.

The Cheer Squad are full of Ferals

Does the guy flipping the bird use Bigfooty or does anyone here know him?

130028-2666f6b6-4a4e-11e5-8295-722838184ac6.jpg

I seen that guy. Has Something Wrong with his Legs but Yeah he can Behave like a Idiot

Absolute flog of a man and a disgrace to our club.
How Ed let's him be front and centre has me stumped.

I was just interested if anyone we knew was there. I totally understand wanting to abuse Riewoldt and Martin, we got spanked by the Tigers. Wouldn't have been nice sitting behind the goals watching it.

I disagree. Think this is all clubs. Plus being die hard isn't a pre-requisite for being a loyal team supporter. My enthusiasm for the game comes and goes at strange intervals. People just enjoy footy at different intensities. Clubs understand that winning will always bring in bigger crowds and I understand band wagoners but as I said that's all clubs - including ours. Just wait until Melbourne get out of their rutt. Ugh.

yes I agree with you that there are fairweather supporters in all clubs .....but with Richmond it is out of control. And the proof is in the attendance figures. When Richmond is on the bottom of the ladder, the club cant pay people to attend their games. And when they're going well, well its like those zombie movies where people are digging themselves out of the cemetery

Are your signature songs a sarcastic take on Baltimore Jack's life-force affirming Bruce Springsteen quote?

Would you just keep going if you took a wrong turn, leaving your wife and kids to fend for themselves? Says a lot about a man's character, that just because he turned left instead of right, he could so lightly jettison all semblance of family responsibility.

If you were to liken your life to a river, would you want it to be so aimless as to not know in which direction it's flowing?!

just call me billabong... as for sarcastic take, well when it comes to quotes I prefer to proudly tell the world, "born in the usa!"

Hey ease up there buddy! You're talking about one of our own!

Is it you? I'm not afraid to tell whoever it is to sit down and stop acting like a f-wit on national television and embarrassing the rest of us.

Absolute flog of a man and a disgrace to our club.
How Ed let's him be front and centre has me stumped.

I dunno if Ed can control the Channel 7 cameras. If fox and 7 continue to spend half their camera time panning the crowd and looking for reactions from coaches, then this guy is going to see his ugly face on tv. It's great television to see someone show how stupid they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back