Pies/Swans/Blues 3 way for Fev and Jolley

Remove this Banner Ad

That is not what I have heard,

Carlton - Pick 14 + Pick 16
Collingwood - Luke Ball + Darren Jolly
St. Kilda - Brendan Fevola
Sydney - Leon Davis + Pick 43

This is what I have been hearing all day and is apparently close to completion. This being the reason that Sydney sold Buchanan to Brisbane. So that Leon could fill that small forward role.

And that might be even worse. Surely the powers that be at Sydney have not lost the plot that much??? Though the Seaby trade has me already starting to doubt them.

Think most people forget that Sydney is in the drivers seat here.

1. We have all the salary cap room we need to do just about ANY deal.
2. Jolly is contracted for another 2 years.
3. Roos is NOT a fan of Fev so he'll be reluctant to take him no matter what the deal is.

I don't believe it (even though I would obviously like to believe it).

Fev is worth pick 6 (but I do not believe the Swans will part with it).

Our best bet is pick 14 plus a player ... but who? Someone worth around pick 15 in the draft I would say.

Sydney posters:

1. who on your list would you value around pick 12-18?

2. or who would be worth more that you would want to balance the ledger with another player / our second rounder?

You can have Barlow.

This is what I have been hearing all day and is apparently close to completion. This being the reason that Sydney sold Buchanan to Brisbane. So that Leon could fill that small forward role.
Collingwood need to give Sydney more than that.

This is a three way being talked about at AFL house today:

Swans

Gain: Fevola pick 43, pick 46
Lose: pick 6, Jolley

Collingwood

Gain: Jolley
Lose: pick 14, pick 46

Carlton

Gain: Pick 6, pick 14
Lose: Fevola, pick 43

I can only seeing this trade going through if Carlton have agreed to pay a good chunk of Fevola's salary while he is is at Sydney otherwise the Swans lose out big time.

Interesting.

Swans have said they will trade for experienced Ruck. Without Jolly, the Seaby/Pike/Oreal/LRT(?) combo doesn't sound formidable.

Do the Swans need Fev with White at Full and Goodes at CHF? A Coleman medalist certainly wouldn't go astray ;-)

I'm a fan of Leon, wouldn't be upset to see him in red and white.

Does anyone really win here? I think the Blues would be better off keeping Fev and helping him behave. Are the Pies that keen to get Ball?

I guess it depends on how far the Swans will go to help out with Jolly's wishes. Forking out for a full time nanny might be the better option!

Why would Collingwood bother helping Carlton get a deal done for Fevola when they have told the Pies they won't trade with them.

Leon want to go to WA or to his partner's home in Adelaide...So this is not on.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans lose big time. ther's no way they'd give up Jolly and pick 6 for Fev. Either of them alone are at least as valuable as Fev. the added draft picks are not even steak knives. They're merely a picture on the package, rather than black and gold.

I have to say I am sick to death of hearing this.

Fevola will in all likelihood kick 80 goals a year for the next 3-4 years. Pick 6 is a valuable as Fevola you say, you must be kidding. How can you say an undrafted 17 year old is better than a proven player, this year's Coleman Medallist. People overrate draft picks far far too much. Look at the recent history for pick 6, there is no certainty that the player picked there will be any good, especially if you go for a big man

2008 - Yarran (too early)
2007 - Myers (trade bait if fails again next year)
2006 - Thorp (as above)
2005 - Dowler (as above)
2004 - Williams (as above)
2003 - Bradley (already traded)
2002 - Salopek (trade bait this year)
2001 - Sampi (retired)

Get a grip on reality.

Sauce? Pesto, Chili, Soy...

Maybe Avgolemono?

So many sauces these days...
Never mind the sauce, let’s hope someone didn't forget the lubricant because the Swans a getting screwed.

Hey fogdog how long did it take you to come up with this one? DiD you wake up this morning and though "I need some attention today, so I'm gunna go on BF and post some horsedung. That should get me the attention I am seeking."

Fevola will in all likelihood kick 80 goals a year for the next 3-4 years. Pick 6 is a valuable as Fevola you say, you must be kidding. How can you say an undrafted 17 year old is better than a proven player, this year's Coleman Medallist. People overrate draft picks far far too much. Look at the recent history for pick 6, there is no certainty that the player picked there will be any good, especially if you go for a big man

2006 - Thorp (as above)
2005 - Dowler (as above)
2001 - Sampi (retired)

Get a grip on reality.

Essendon supporters need a grip on reality.

Roos has said that pick 6 will not be traded for anybody.

What part of that, don't they understand?

Sauce? Pesto, Chili, Soy...

Maybe Avgolemono?

So many sauces these days...
Never mind the sauce, let’s hope someone didn't forget the lubricant because the Swans a getting screwed.

Hey fogdog how long did it take you to come up with this one? Did you wake up this morning and though "I need some attention today, so I'm gunna go on BF and post some horsedung. That should get me the attention I am seeking."

I'm not sure I see why everyone's so big on Fev to Sydney. Aside from Roos denying it, they seemed to go pretty well late in the season with White and Goodes up forward. Giving up good picks for Fev seems like a waste of time. They'll have a better attack for a few years and still won't win a flag.

OTOH, with an ageing OB division, pick 6 gives them a chance to add someone like Cunnignton. Maybe they go with Rohan or Lucas or Butcher - I don't know. It seems to me that Sydney's doing a rebuild without bottoming out and I can't see them doing that if they trade their picks for short-term players. As flawed as this draft is, they're not going to get better picks in the next two years. I call BS on Fev to the Swans. Now, I'm just going to refresh before I post this to make sure Fev hasn't been traded to the Swans.

We need to not be trading our 6th pick under any circumstances. That is all.

Essendon supporters need a grip on reality.

Roos has said that pick 6 will not be traded for anybody.

What part of that, don't they understand?

Let's not be too hastie... What's that young Riewoldt up to these days??? :D

2006 - Thorp (as above)
2005 - Dowler (as above)
2001 - Sampi (retired)

Get a grip on reality.
Escept that Carlton wants Fev out...this guarantees an instant discount. Swann etc will have eggs on their face if they dont ship him out.

I think the suggestion by jumbo88 is reasonable. Davis is a good player but his inability to perform in finals provides a discount and his age. The fact that he wants perth or adelaide im not sure as rumour is he just wants out of melb. stay away from WCE however (unless collingowod accept pick 23....which they wont)!!!

Escept that Carlton wants Fev out...this guarantees an instant discount. Swann etc will have eggs on their face if they dont ship him out

Doesn't mean we want to be blatantly ripped off
Regardless of what opposition supporters would like.
Fair trade for a multiple and reigning Coleman medallist and AA FF

[...] People overrate draft picks far far too much. Look at the recent history for pick 6, there is no certainty that the player picked there will be any good, especially if you go for a big man

I agree with you completely. High picks are important in order to get new blood and keep the side fresh, but it's a gamble. A team needs to balance future and present. A proven player who'll fill a hole in a side for a few years to come is less risky.

Each club needs to find the right balance for them in any given trade period, but the general idea is to get a couple of youngsters for the future, fill a couple of holes for the present.

Some people seem to think that picks are the final word on what a club needs, and it's probably because some clubs have traded poorly in the past and picked up duds and lost picks who have eventually become champions. But there are also clubs who have traded well, and used older players to build dynasties.

I'm not talking specifically about the Fev situation; this seems to be a general belief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies/Swans/Blues 3 way for Fev and Jolley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back