Pies Trade Rumors?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really uncertain about us this trade week. Usually I think I have a fair idea of what I think we will do but this year I really don't know.

I think we will retain Didak, especially after a few things that were said at the Copeland. However, if Port throw pick 4 out there I think things could get interesting.

There seems to be more reports this year about Pies players (specifically Rhyce, Johnson and Didak) and we are always linked to players on the move but I have a real uneasy feeling about this week.

Re: Rhyce Shaw gone....

Why does Rhyce going mean Johnson stays.. can't we nut both of them?

This is the year to load up on kids!

We've already lost Wakelin Burns Lonie and Holland, and will carry Rocca and Presti in under an injury cloud, as well as Rusling and Dick.

Its well and good to load up on kids but we already have an extremely young list, and we need to be a little bit pragmatic and realise we do need senior players on the list as well.

I regards to cousin's i have very strong sources that he is very much still unsure which club he will choose next year. First he is just worried about getting clearnce from the AFL but my source has told me that on a number of occosions he hes been hanging out with the saints boys, so im starting to get a little worried that we may not get him and that the saints might sneak one past us.

Where did you get this from Matt?
I Know another post from big footy?

If collingwood don't pick up Ben Cousins it will only be regarding health issues and his capacity,no one knows except the inner sanctum on what the outcome was in reagrds, to that private detective that followed him.

Only the people behind closed doors at collingwood would know the information provided by the private D.
I believe he does want to come to collingwood,and the pies will pick him up in a flash if Cousins's health was given the ok and all the boxes were ticked by the AFL.
If the pies don't pick him up there will be good reason for it.
With malthouse and the eagles connection,the few meetrings he has had with mm,Cousin's doco has him in the inner sanctum at collingwood,all these factors do not point to him going to Stklida unless he is truly not ready to play.In that case he won't go any where.
If he is ok and fit he"ll be a pie,dont worry about that.
If not we have lost nothing.

Brad Green for Ben Jonson and 2nd rounder so the Collingwood faithful have a new Lonie to bitch and moan about

Brad for Johnson, maybe ................Nah not a player we need, we need quickness and Green plays forward too much and we have heaps of smaller forwards

Why would ANY club give up its first rounder for UNCONTRACTED Ryan O'Keefe in the last "untainted" draft? In previous years players of the callibre of Nick Stevens have slipped all the way through to the PSD (as we are accutely aware), so Sydney are in no position to play "hard ball". If he was CONTRACTED to them it would be a different story. Price tag will also be a turn-off to many potential suitors. I reckon that he'll go for an early second-rounder.

Why would ANY club give up its first rounder for UNCONTRACTED Ryan O'Keefe in the last "untainted" draft? In previous years players of the callibre of Nick Stevens have slipped all the way through to the PSD (as we are accutely aware), so Sydney are in no position to play "hard ball". If he was CONTRACTED to them it would be a different story. Price tag will also be a turn-off to many potential suitors. I reckon that he'll go for an early second-rounder.

I reckon Carlton will trade their first rounder for him. I think they see O'Keefe as a perfect foil foward. He will lead up and be able to clear some space for Fev and take a good defender. Which will also free up any third tall they play out of Fisher, Waite and Kreuzer. Instead of getting the second defender.

I reckon Carlton will trade their first rounder for him. I think they see O'Keefe as a perfect foil foward. He will lead up and be able to clear some space for Fev and take a good defender. Which will also free up any third tall they play out of Fisher, Waite and Kreuzer. Instead of getting the second defender.

Perhaps you're right, Shawthing (as your name suggests). Seems a big outlay for someone in second half of his career. Then again, he's a bloody good player, who seems to play even better when the pressure's on. I'd take him for our second rounder without hesitation. Can't have too many players of All-Australian quality.

Anything new today guys?

Re: Rhyce Shaw gone....

We've already lost Wakelin Burns Lonie and Holland, and will carry Rocca and Presti in under an injury cloud, as well as Rusling and Dick.

Its well and good to load up on kids but we already have an extremely young list, and we need to be a little bit pragmatic and realise we do need senior players on the list as well.

Yeah because Johnson contributed so much this year and next year he'll be even better because he'll be another year closer to retirement :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything new today guys?
Brent Prismal has been offered a 2 year deal but has so far refused to sign and is said to be considering his options, Geelong say they would like him to stay but whatever happens is up to him.
From the tone of it it looks increasingly likely he will leave and ask to be traded.
Despite the knee hes only 22 and is a very good young player with only 25 games under his belt he plays like a 100 gamer i reckon we should chase and chase hard!
Good mids dont grow on trees people.

Brent Prismal has been offered a 2 year deal but has so far refused to sign and is said to be considering his options, Geelong say they would like him to stay but whatever happens is up to him.
From the tone of it it looks increasingly likely he will leave and ask to be traded.
Despite the knee hes only 22 and is a very good young player with only 25 games under his belt he plays like a 100 gamer i reckon we should chase and chase hard!
Good mids dont grow on trees people.

We should go for him. We are a few midfielders short and Prismall is quality. This board was up and about getting Prismall before he got injured, but apparently he might be available by round 1 and the worst case scenario being round 10. We have to try and push players like O'bree and Lockyer out of the side, right now they are getting a free ride in a fancy car. We do that by getting better midfielders. And Prismall is better than both. Cousins into the side for O'Bree and Prismall in for Lockyer.

We should go for him. We are a few midfielders short and Prismall is quality. This board was up and about getting Prismall before he got injured, but apparently he might be available by round 1 and the worst case scenario being round 10. We have to try and push players like O'bree and Lockyer out of the side, right now they are getting a free ride in a fancy car. We do that by getting better midfielders. And Prismall is better than both. Cousins into the side for O'Bree and Prismall in for Lockyer.

Yeah great way to treat Obree..

Darren Millane Award (best clubman) Copeland 2008
Shane O’Bree

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies Trade Rumors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back