VFL Game Day Pies v Bendigo at Vic park 1pm Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Might head out to this hell hole on Saturday - will bring back memories of the 80's....
We've got a pretty strong team in, suprising Dell'Olio not named but named as emergency for the seniors....No Myers, Davis or Lee either.

Slattery Pears Baguley
Williams Freezer Hunter
Merrett Reimers Kavanagh
Steinberg Maddern Gumby
Little Ladson McVeigh

Shinners Duscher Colyer

Long Thompson McPhee
Putt Mee* Dalgleish
Browne Stroobants Collins

Good to see Gumby back - hopefully this time in he can live up to the hype and push for a senior spot towards the end of the year. No doubt Pears & McVeigh will need to perform if they are to win back senior spots. Shows our list is in good shape.

How much is entry? I notice when I've driven past the back of the ground (think the street is Trenery Crescent) that VP appears pretty much open to view now, so does one really have to pay entry at all?

Ridiculously exciting line up.

There is some serious quality and speed playing for Bendigo this week.

I'm happy that a lot of the younger guys all seem to be getting a steady run of matches under their belts. Kav, Long, Merrett, Dalgleish and even Hunter have all played a reasonably good amount of football considering that it is still relatively early in the season and each had fitness issues going into the year. Don't underestiamte the development that comes from plaing in the VFL each week (combined with training on an AFL list).

Even Browne is playing.

Colyer, Pears and Gumbleton together in the twos is actually a really encouraging sign of what is to come. I am all for Trav being given a run in the twos rather then being wasted as an emergency (or to a lesser extent as a sub).

Hopefully Myers' omission from the side is more the result of caution than anything more sinister.

Probably gonna head down, 1pm start you say?

Now heading from Frankston, I'm probably going to get off at Richmond, walk to Jolimont station and get the train to Collingwood (I'm assuming the ground is close to Collingwood station?) Does this sound right to anybody, or am I taking a long route here?

Cheers fellas, go for gold :D

EDIT: Ahh I see there is actually a Victoria Park station, how silly of me, perhaps that is a better option than Collingwood haha. Still, would getting off at Richmond and walking to Jolimont be the best idea you reckon? (Clearly don't get off the Frankston line much).

Probably gonna head down, 1pm start you say?

Now heading from Frankston, I'm probably going to get off at Richmond, walk to Jolimont station and get the train to Collingwood (I'm assuming the ground is close to Collingwood station?) Does this sound right to anybody, or am I taking a long route here?

Cheers fellas, go for gold :D

EDIT: Ahh I see there is actually a Victoria Park station, how silly of me, perhaps that is a better option than Collingwood haha. Still, would getting off at Richmond and walking to Jolimont be the best idea you reckon? (Clearly don't get off the Frankston line much).

That or just walk along Hoddle Street (which Richmond station is above) and eventually you'll come to West Richmond station. Which is on the same line as Victoria Park.

Best of Luck Gumby

Hope you do well and string a few good games together, to further add to our depth

Does anyone know how much it costs to get into a VFL game? Can't say I've ever been before and I'm heading in via the Lilydale line in half an hour or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys;

I'll be heading down to the game with a mate so I might drop some of my observations on your guys here if you want a neutral opinion.

Costs about $5-10 depending on the ground and your age IIRC.

:thumbsu:

Hey guys;

I'll be heading down to the game with a mate so I might drop some of my observations on your guys here if you want a neutral opinion.

Grouse, thanks mate.

Geez that line up is so mouth-watering.. wish I could watch that instead of streaming the "blockbuster" that is Port v North :rolleyes::eek:

Looking forward to the extensive write-ups and actual pics of Gumby, Hunter et al running around! :eek:

Hey guys;

Please drop some observations!
Gumby watch!!! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back