PKF Tasmanian Tigers 2009-10 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

bailey should have just admitted it was a shit idea to bat first.

what do u reckon it would take to get diva out of retirement? lol i reckon birt has to play next game, sure he was shit last year but we can't get much shitter than that.

top performance from geeves tho, wonder if he'll get sent to india?

bailey should have just admitted it was a shit idea to bat first.

what do u reckon it would take to get diva out of retirement? lol i reckon birt has to play next game, sure he was shit last year but we can't get much shitter than that.

top performance from geeves tho, wonder if he'll get sent to india?

Watch us when we play Victoria.

This is not going to be a successful year.

Watch us when we play Victoria.

This is not going to be a successful year.
yeah i reckon, qld aren't exactly the best side going around, victoria would absolutely thrash us. our ford ranger side probably won't be quite as bad hopefully...

have to console ourselves with watching tasmanians dominate for australia. how good was it having paine, hilf and punter playing together against india? even if hilf bowled terribly and painey broke a finger lol. hopefully those 3 + geeva play against the windies :thumbsu:

Nasser Hussein sent Australia into bat at the Gabba....and yes I realise the domestic pitches are always different to the test pitch ;)

About the only positive from the season so far is that despite playing in a team getting whalloped Krejza has kept it tight, indicating he has learned to control them a bit better.

Shield: 4 for 79 off 29 & 0 for 35 off 7 (SA), 2 for 58 off 23 overs (Qld)
FRC: 0 for 31 off 8 overs (SA), 0 for 22 off 10 overs (Qld)

Only the small blip in the second dig against SA when the game was over. 3 ducks from 4 innings in the shield with the bat :eek:

And he has been batting at 7.......shows how silly it is playing 5 bowlers with an inexperienced keeper to top it off.

I doubt the selection committee has the balls to make the right change: Birt in and Marsh out. The only batsmen that might otherwise get a gig would be Irvine and Lockyear, however i'm not sure what their form is like.

It wouldnt suprise me to see a smokey to shake the squad up a bit.

Lockyear made 70 in the futres league but the form there is only so - if he backs it this weekend perhaps.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It'll be Rogers from North Hobart. He's had a pretty consistent pre-season. He seems to know his game well, occupies the crease. Might provide a bit of stability.

Problem with all our batsman is they all seem ideally suited to the middle order. We need some top order players to put their hand up. Issue with that is grade cricket wickets. Top order batsman in grade cricket in tassie are up against it - it's really difficult to get any form and self-belief/confidence in your game due to the bowler friendly conditions.

There's bugger all top 3 batsman in the averages/aggregates for 1st Grade - unless of course you play for Clarence and get to bat on Bellerive 5+ times a year. More time/resources/money spent on Grade cricket grounds might be a solution???

Victoria no Siddle, No McDonald No McKay (sadly, I think George Bailey and ?Travis Birt actually fancy themselves against him) No Holland.

SCORE RUNS -Bat first make Cowan make a 100 and Dighton, Birt and Bailey bat around him scoring fast 270+.

Geeves attack, Doherty, Butterworth, Faulkner and Kreja keep it tight... No Drew for mine

Cowan
Dighton
Birt
Bailey
Lockyear
Butterworth
Faulkner
Geeves
Jones
Kreja
Doherty

Not always Lockyears greatest fan but he made some runs in the Futures game and lets be frank, our fielding needs a major lift from the Queensland game.

Drew and Geeves together are leaking runs so I'll give Drew a break to try and find consistency in the Grade stuff on Saturday in Hobart.

lol more than he made in his 12 first class innings combined.

but yeh something has to change with the batting line up, we can't afford to have krejza batting at 7 imo. id rather birt than anderson though, how long til our next shield match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he was stiff to lose contract when we got those two no name bowlers from NSW.

Hilfenhaus, Geeves, Butterworth, Denton, Drew, Faulkner, Griffith, Macdonald, Krejza, Doherty.

Surely you contract locals and local batsman at that when there are that many bowlers in the squad already.

I reckon he was stiff to lose contract when we got those two no name bowlers from NSW.

Hilfenhaus, Geeves, Butterworth, Denton, Drew, Faulkner, Griffith, Macdonald, Krejza, Doherty.

Surely you contract locals and local batsman at that when there are that many bowlers in the squad already.

You also forgot Smith, I'm not so anti Day coming in for a shot as my reports are genuine talant if erratic. Maher no idea what's doing with that one.

Regarding Dane Anderson's knock, I have no idea what the pitches were actually like on the weekend just gone, but I could only imagine given it was the 1st week after a bucketload of rain this past winter.

His score stuck out like dogs nuts given only 3 other batsman made it past 50 (Dilger 97, Webster 71 & Doolan 58*). NH's attack included Owen, Holmes, Carroll & Marsh.

Here are the stats so far this year if interested:
http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...e=1&id=RMN&entityid=1904&gradeid=641_1&save=0

Birt back in the shield squad for the NSW game.

While that is positive, he is going to keep in the one dayers :eek:

He has filled in before, I know, but part time keepers rarely ever work out.

I'd suggest dropping one of the 5 bowlers for Birt but against a full strength NSW I reckon we might be sending a few down and need all 5.

They will side with experience in a game that could get ugly, doubt they will drop Cowan or Marsh. Doolan probably most likely to make way, fair few others couldn't complain if it was them though.

The playes Christmas break report card

Sheffield Shield

G.Bailey 7 - played well, not brilliantly but more consistent this year to the point of being among discussions for higher honors

E.Cowan 6.5 - Very slow start or would be higher but his first games were very poor, since than vert good. A big hope a big finish can lead Tasmania on in this comp.
B.Geeves 5.5 - Another who started below his best but missed a game and has improved since. Still yet to make a big dint an opposition innings this summer though.

B.Jones 5 - Paines replacement. Top scored innings this year and the reports are his glove work was getting better with every game he played.

A.Doolan 5 - Very up and down also early but also appears to becoming more confidant and cracked his first ton batting at 3.

D.Marsh 5 Started very poorly to the point of questioning his spot in the team, than banged a couple of big scores in a row.

J.Kreja 5 - Bowling has been serviceable and handy without having really gotten into the guts of an innings but threatens to from time to time.

T.McDonald 4 - Tries hard, always seems to be bowling a good line and length but the wickets are not coming for the big fella.

L.Butterworth 4 - A couple of starts and played back up with the ball but hasn't got going in the Shield season yet.

J.Wells 3: Form been poor. Started to trigger something from the last innings against WA and perhaps looked solid in the Pakistan game but really needs to lift on the flip side of the new year to keep his place in the team.

OTHERS

J.Faulkner. Has had a couple of digs and played his role with the ball without imopating damage. Still gaining experience.

B,Drew: Like McDonald he just cant get the wickets

G.Denton. Played first game and than injured. Didn't have much impact ion the one game he played he.

T.Birt: The one game against NSW and failed.

Genrelly speaking a lot of so so scores for the team, particularly the bowlers and I feel that to be the case as they haven't yet manged to set us up for a win this year yet. The only win came from a sporting declaration from Voges and we nearly messed that up after having had it won.

Signs though very much looking up after a shocking start ot the season with the Batsman in Bailey, Cowan, Marsh and young Doolan looking to have found there straps.

A strong finish to the Shield year and were not totally out of it. We just need the key bowlers to lift a little more.

FRC scores to follow.

Perhaps a bit harsh on Bailey and Cowan given they are in the top few on aggregate.

Bowlers definately need to lift, and I feel Geevesy is playing injured + feeling the pressure from increased workload and expectation without Hilf around anymore. Really need Denton or Griffith to get fully fit before the re-start to the season after new years. MacDonald has done his job at first change, keeps it tight and snares a few wickets. Faulkner and Butterworth are still bowling a little inconsistent but both offer handy depth to the batting order. Drew and Krezja are my worries as they both leak runs and if not taking wickets can lose games for us in a session. I'd almost go as far as saying Doherty has bowled better in the ODD than Krezja and should get a look in on the SS team (unfortunately won't happen given Krejza's ambitions of higher honours).

One of the more pleasing things has been the development of Alex Doolan over the past few shield games. Has certainly bought his game up a notch and made the number 3 his. If we could crack a good opening partnership from time to time this would only help his cause. I think Birt or Anderson has to come in for Wells next match.

Brady Jones did a very good job in Paine's abscence, but our batting depth will look 10 times better with Tim back in at 6.

It was a shame no one really stood up in the Pakis tour game as that could have given some of the younger blokes a lot of confidence going into the back end of the season.

Next up, a bit of hit and giggle, although arguably the most important of the 3 competitions these days. Imagine what CT could do with those Champions League funds. Shame we won't have Lockyear at the top of the order however we can put together a pretty handy team for this form of the game. I might try and head along to the New Years game depending on my health.

Remove this Banner Ad

PKF Tasmanian Tigers 2009-10 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back