Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019 part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the train of thought would be to make Hawthorn overpay for Wingard as he is contracted and worst case scenario would be he leaves at end of contract and we get a band 1 compensation BUT...

If we are hoarding cap space and are attempting to lure a big money Free Agent next season, wouldn't that then rule us out of compensation for Wingard? If so then we don't really have the negotiating power and need to get a trade done this period. If that of course is the plan.....and who F*cking knows if there is an actual plan this trade period.

Definitely no to these two!! If it’s not at least pick 15 & burton for Wingard, I will go mad!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, if these two fellas (O'Brien and Lovell) are in place of Burton then this is absolutely F*&%$d and then I'll join all the others ready to give it all in.

Lovell and O'Brian aren't in place of Burton, Burton is a demand from Port and they'll do a medical on him on the weekend. Lovell and O'Brian will be included in the deal, so it would be Pick 15, Burton and Lovell/O'Brian.

Lovell and O'Brian aren't in place of Burton, Burton is a demand from Port and they'll do a medical on him on the weekend. Lovell and O'Brian will be included in the deal, so it would be Pick 15, Burton and Lovell/O'Brian.

Still it’s **** of, pick 15 isn’t good enough. The Hawks need to give us a pick that gets us Rankine, I don’t want a to get some crap token pick and then have to try upgrade an existing pick.

Bad deal for us.

God dam these guys on trade radio are hopeless. Bunch of idiots. Apparently port will trade 6 and 10 to st Kilda for pick 4 because port have pick 11 already

Hahaha

God dam these guys on trade radio are hopeless. Bunch of idiots. Apparently port will trade 6 and 10 to st Kilda for pick 4 because port have pick 11 already
Lauding themselves geniuses for deciding Essendon should trade pick 9, 2019 first + 2019 second for Shiel & Scully. Repeated it about 5 times...

Umm you actually can’t trade a future first and second round pick.

Hawks fans... simultaneously arguing that their strategy of trading out all of their picks for players is a good approach because picks are speculative and over valued, while also trying to argue that pick 15 is a good trade for Chad Wingard.

Putting aside how dumb that offer is, we don't even have that pick anymore. FFS.

We don't need Ryan Burton.

We will draft 5 of him this year. Just like theast 5. Can never have enough half-back/wingers, right? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still it’s **** of, pick 15 isn’t good enough. The Hawks need to give us a pick that gets us Rankine, I don’t want a to get some crap token pick and then have to try upgrade an existing pick.

Bad deal for us.
I agree, Burton + 15 + Lovell isn't enough. The deal won't be done until after the weekend so I hope Hawks pick up another pick such as 25 from the Scully deal and that is included.

I think Port are in a good position for Rankine, unless Crows move up to 5/3/4. Even if Rankine isn't there it's likely Bailey Smith will, we'll get a gun with pick 6.

I agree, Burton + 15 + Lovell isn't enough. The deal won't be done until after the weekend so I hope Hawks pick up another pick such as 25 from the Scully deal and that is included.

I think Port are in a good position for Rankine, unless Crows move up to 5/3/4. Even if Rankine isn't there it's likely Bailey Smith will, we'll get a gun with pick 6.

And we lose a gun in Wingard. He goes we need to secure one, or ideally both the suns picks.

The Hawks can get a hold for Cartons first next year and on trade it to the Suns.

If the Wingard deal gets done I want 2,3 and 6 on draft night.

Burton as well, give up one of 10 or next years first if need be.
Did you ever go to sleep with Bo Derek
And wake up with Bo Diddley?
Did you ever go to sleep with Bo Derek
You got so loaded, you thought that she
Was the most beautiful gal that you ever did see
Yeah, did you ever go to sleep with Bo Derek
And woke up with Bo Diddley?
Woke up in the morning, to your surprise
A couple melons in tube socks,
And buggley eyes
Yeah, have you ever gone to sleep with Bo Derek

And we lose a gun in Wingard. He goes we need to secure one, or ideally both the suns picks.

The Hawks can get a hold for Cartons first next year and on trade it to the Suns.
Hahaha, that would be very unrealistic. You saw how much it took to move up 5 spots in the top 10.
Pick 11, 23, 30 and 48 - 6 and a future 3rd
Imagine what it'd take to get picks 2 and 3. No thank you. Suns won't want to do that anyway there's no kpp in the middle of the first round which they'll need to replace May and Lynch.

our list management plan at the moment seems to be to actively prevent any of our players from being worth a decent contract, so we can stay at minimum player payments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019 part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back