Player Revivals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon

Gun - John Coleman. Would add some sting to the forward line.

Servant - Chris Heffernan. Would add a nice touch to the midfield.

Spud - Dead Wallis. To bash someone in a final.

Gun - Stephen Silvagni. Tempted to say Kernahan for leadership and that vital CHF, but SOS could play both ends.
Servant - Peter Dean without a doubt. White line fever.
Spud - Hate the term and don't want to use it about anyone that played for Carlton. Jamie Dunlop was a player I liked, but he never really made it.

Gun-Paul Kelly . Great gut runner , one of the hardest and toughest players I have seen play the game.

Servant- nick davis, very smart around goal, excellent skills

Spud- bit harsh calling him a spud and probably deserves to be in the servant category but Daniel mcpherson. The guy always tried hard and you knew what you would get out of him every week

Gun: Tony Lockett. Sure, he was also (and first) St Kilda, but I'm claiming him! A young Goodes, Paul Kelly, Williams... there were a few options, but i couldn't go past Lockett. I'd love to see how he'd go in the modern game (only 191cm... midfielder sized now!).

Servant: Brett Kirk (no-one is going to try and claim Kirky was a gun, are they?). Heart and soul.

Spud: Can't see why you'd revive a guy who didn't cut it on ability, but i'm going for a guy who's potential was cut short by injury. Ryan Fitzgerald. Career ruined by ACLs. With modern surgery and rehab, would be good to see what he could have done.

It would be interesting to see what people think of other teams. I would be interested in views on North.

West Coast

Gun - Matera to add pace and bite to the midfield

Servant - Brett Heady would slot nicely into the forward line

Spud - Danny Metropolis for his awesome name

Gun - Carey, boring choice but can't go past him, best player I've ever seen take the field

Servant - The Fridge. I'd love to see a fat man carve out a career in modern football.

Spud - Warren Campbell. Too many footballers today look like male models.

Gun - Justin Longmuir. Don't get all the Bell comments. Sure, he was an awesome player but our forwards are in much more need of someone else who can take a mark.

Servant - Roger Hayden. This guy owned the matrix - could command space from anywhere. Would love to see him running out of 1/2 back.

Spud - Tough decision. We've had a fair few players who needed a bit of Lyon love to reach their potential. Whilst Des Headland was no spud, I'd love to see him in the current Freo team. Daniel Gilmore, at 191cm, had the physique of a modern day midfielder. Unfortunately his questionable skills meant that that he was more often than not the opponent's 23rd player. Again, I'd love to see what Lyon could do to him. My pick, however, would have to be Ryan Murphy. He showed glimpses that he was the key forward we needed but despite his 192cm, he seemed to struggle to add significant muscle to his frame. I reckon he'd be the perfect Lyon project player.

Gun - Richo, chuck a 21yo Richardson up forward or on a wing, before his first knee reco at 21yo he was absolutely ridiculous athletically.

Servant - Joel Bowden, was a HFF who was responsible for handling the Gherig's and Tredrea's under Wallace, he did it with aplomb.

Spud - Tim Fleming, was a madman who threw himself at the man first and footy second, didn't last long when his wrecking ball impersonations took a toll negatively on every contest he'd impose himself on.

Gun: Tony Lockett. Sure, he was also (and first) St Kilda, but I'm claiming him! A young Goodes, Paul Kelly, Williams... there were a few options, but i couldn't go past Lockett. I'd love to see how he'd go in the modern game (only 191cm... midfielder sized now!).

Servant: Brett Kirk (no-one is going to try and claim Kirky was a gun, are they?). Heart and soul.

Spud: Can't see why you'd revive a guy who didn't cut it on ability, but i'm going for a guy who's potential was cut short by injury. Ryan Fitzgerald. Career ruined by ACLs. With modern surgery and rehab, would be good to see what he could have done.

If Fitzy's body had've allowed him to play more games, good news for some would be he wouldn't've been on Big Brother.

Gun - Silvagni (One of the best talls ever, greatest swing man of all time, full back of the century with 200 goals) Would play FF, CHB in our current team.

Reliable Servant - Spalding or Beaumont. Both could have a role in our team and were top players in their prime. Tall Rebounding defender to release Walker or someone else or a reliable Tall forward.

Spud - Ackland, just because of BigFooty

Spud - Tim Fleming, was a madman who threw himself at the man first and footy second, didn't last long when his wrecking ball impersonations took a toll negatively on every contest he'd impose himself on.
IIRC, he was filmed blowing his nose with his hands at a 3/4 time huddle, then proceeded to wipe the snot all over his team-mates hair with them none the wiser.

It would be interesting to see what people think of other teams. I would be interested in views on North.

West Coast

Gun - Matera to add pace and bite to the midfield

Servant - Brett Heady would slot nicely into the forward line

Spud - Danny Metropolis for his awesome name

I'd bring back Michael Collica.

Runner-up in the B&F in his first season with us, played every game in his second then 5 in his third and was never seen again.

Oh to see Matera running around again...

Gun- Peter Bell. We don't really have any retired guns as of yet.

Servant- Roger Hayden. It's a shame injuries cut him down otherwise he would be firmly in the gun category. Him in his prime and Johnson now coming off half back would be amazing to watch.

Spud- Clive Waterhouse for the lolz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun: Russel Ebert
Servant: Wazza Tredrea
Spud: Derek Murray

Could you imagine, Ebert kicking to a leading Tredrea... ohh the joys in watching that.

Gun - given the current team, Andrew McLeod
Servant - Shaun Rehn - would definitely keep Jacobs honest
Spud - the Wayne Carey that played for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Revivals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back