Player Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers41*

Debutant
Jul 4, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Could someone help me out...is there something wrong with clayton collard, an injury or something along those lines...there is a free spot to be elevated, and hes a rookie yet to be tried..so just wondering where hes at, hows he been training and such...

and alex rance..is he a bit small to be playing at his age, anyone got some details of how hes travelling down at punt road?

thanks lads.

Re: Interested in a few players..

Collard - unfit by all reports but caught the the in the 2 intra club matches we've had. Most likely not getting a game as yet due to his lack of fitness, bad attitude or both of the above.

Rance - very good physique for a young lad, almost AFL ready in that regard. Injured his ankle at Echuca (I think), therefore not getting a gig as yet.

is angus graham injured and has he gotten any bigger
when will rance be right to play

Gus is very close to being recovered from his broken ankle. By all reports yes he has got bigger.

Pass on Rance. Im not sure.

Collard has impressed in the forward line in intra club practice matches but faces very stiff competition to gain a spot in such a well tuned forward line. Its not like Freo where you can drink piss all week , go out to nightclubs get in fights with the reserves coach by your side and get picked the next week.

Also Collard is in the unforntunate position of trying to get the same spot as Andy Collins and has to seriously find some intestinal fortitude to perform at the top level week in week out. Collins is so commited to playing first grade this year and has built up so much in the Gym that Collard looks llike an oompa loompa compared to him.

I personally think they'll both get a run this year but TW will definately like Collins's workman like approach compared to Collards "I'm a pretty Freo Nancy Boy watch me dance to Michael jackson with my shirt off approach"

I guess Collard will get a run once they get all the Freo lazy overated bad habbits out of him. I look forward to it

They are showing Collard "tough love" and making him earn his spot in the seniors hoping he will show the necessary dedication and patience. He can really play but is nowhere fit enough yet and needs to get his fitness up and skinfolds down before he gets a go. I hope he makes it.

Pretty good. He's been training with Damien Monkhurst. Not big enough yet though. I'd expect a full VFL year for him.

Very raw, I very much doubt he will play alot of Coburg Seniors - Coburg Ressies is where he will play most of his 08' season IMO.

Our "Rucks" consist of: Simmo, Patto, Gus, Putt, Cartlege + Polak who can do some part time work

Terry won't play more then two of the main 5 in our best 22 which probably leaves Guss, Putt and Cartlege on the outer meaning they will probably play most of the season at Coburg.

However Coburg already have one very important Ruckman who will play seniors just about no matter because he is their captain, Ronaldson. Even though Coburg wouldn't want to probably play more then two Rucks, Richmond would probably "force" them to play probably Guss and Cartlege (the better of the 3) in the Coburg Seniors alongside Ronaldson. This leaves Putty at the Burgers ressies even if one of Guss or Cartlege become unavaiable.

The only way he won't is if he starts bagging big bags as a foward. I don't particully want him to develop as a foward because we need his big 202cm size in the ruck

Collard has impressed in the forward line in intra club practice matches but faces very stiff competition to gain a spot in such a well tuned forward line. Its not like Freo where you can drink piss all week , go out to nightclubs get in fights with the reserves coach by your side and get picked the next week.

Also Collard is in the unforntunate position of trying to get the same spot as Andy Collins and has to seriously find some intestinal fortitude to perform at the top level week in week out. Collins is so commited to playing first grade this year and has built up so much in the Gym that Collard looks llike an oompa loompa compared to him.

I personally think they'll both get a run this year but TW will definately like Collins's workman like approach compared to Collards "I'm a pretty Freo Nancy Boy watch me dance to Michael jackson with my shirt off approach"

I guess Collard will get a run once they get all the Freo lazy overated bad habbits out of him. I look forward to it
oi u back off freo alright..how bout u guys go get another wooden spoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oi u back off freo alright..how bout u guys go get another wooden spoon

geeez, Noob, I wish on big footy under your profile it had along with your location it had your age, because then when we reply to trolls like you we wouldn't feel guilty giving a 9 year old $hit back.

geeez, Noob, I wish on big footy under your profile it had along with your location it had your age, because then when we reply to trolls like you we wouldn't feel guilty giving a 9 year old $hit back.
If they troll, its open season. Don't feel guilty.

three players i would like to know how they are travelling

cogs - when will he play

morton - how is he traelling where do u guys see him in the side will he play rd1

simmons - how is he going

thanks in advance

Cogs: If all goes well against Geelong this Friday expect him to play round 1.

Morton: He seems to be going ok. The game this weekend will say whether he gets a round 1 debut for us.

Simmonds: Good, ready to roll.

Cogs: If all goes well against Geelong this Friday expect him to play round 1.

Morton: He seems to be going ok. The game this weekend will say whether he gets a round 1 debut for us.

Simmonds: Good, ready to roll.

thanks phoenix iv got sim and mort in my supercoach and thinking of adding cogs,

i think with morts skills he will be a great scorer and simmons was dirt cheap

do u think morton is to high risk or worth a punt

Can anyone tell me about Andy Collins? Liked the sound of him when we got him in the 06 draft and some here are talking him up for this season, but I've heard he is still a long way off being physicallly ready for AFL. Any truth to that?
Also, where is Danny Meyer at? No sign of him in pre-season and now reports of another niggling injury. Big disappointment so far for a No.12 draft pick but I want to believe he can still make it. Am I being delusional?
Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back