Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I commented on McVeigh vs Redden just before the previous thread was closed.

My dilemma is Jordan Lewis ($411,600) or Brad Sewell ($446,100)?

I'd go Ziebell too, but apparently Medhurst is in fine form - but with the recruitment of Ball, Medhurst may be fwd only.

Definitely Sandilands, because Clark will have to share the ruck role this year.

Okay ive got a differernt X and Y question

What is the best 4 (four) midfielders you can get with 1.9 Million

Right now i have Montagna, Bartel, J.Selwood, S.Mitchell

Definitely Sandilands, because Clark will have to share the ruck role this year.

Okay ive got a differernt X and Y question

What is the best 4 (four) midfielders you can get with 1.9 Million

Right now i have Montagna, Bartel, J.Selwood, S.Mitchell

That looks very good but personally I don't know why you would want to spend that much in your midfield. I would be putting big $ into your backs as they are the least scoring and most injury prone. My current midfield setup is two premiums, two mid-pricers and two rookies which allows me to free up a lot of cash for the rest of my side while all the others rise in price!

Gray or Josh Kennedy?

Josh kennedy looks seriously good today i would think seriously about picking him up!!

Medhurst or barry hall?
also dale thomas or cyril rioli?

Josh kennedy looks seriously good today i would think seriously about picking him up!!

Medhurst or barry hall?
also dale thomas or cyril rioli?

hall because medhurst will have less midfield time this year thanks to luke ball

don't think either thomas or rioli are good choices, but if i had to pick one, rioli. Heard hes still having some injury problems though.

Hall vs gray vs zieball

That looks very good but personally I don't know why you would want to spend that much in your midfield.
Reigning Champion Team Director had 1.9 million spent on 4 players in the midfield at the start of the season as well and it worked out pretty well for him.:thumbsu:

hall because medhurst will have less midfield time this year thanks to luke ball

don't think either thomas or rioli are good choices, but if i had to pick one, rioli. Heard hes still having some injury problems though.

Hall vs gray vs zieball

id go for Zieball he looks like hes gonna be the biggest cash cow of the three

chris mayne vs Patrick Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reigning Champion Team Director had 1.9 million spent on 4 players in the midfield at the start of the season as well and it worked out pretty well for him.:thumbsu:

Agree with you there.
But it is a completely different situation this year. Last year, there was nothing being offered for mid-pricer midfielders. The only one that I jumped on board for was Travis Tuck, and it was a decision I regretted big time. I had Swan, Gablett, Pendles and Gibbs as my front four which worked very well. This year however, There are many mid-priced options which look extremely inviting in the midfield... too good to pass up. One of the mid-priced options this year is bound to have a breakout year and turn into a premium. That is why i have adopted the strategy to go 2 premiums, 2 mid-pricers and two rookies. That has allowed me to have 5 keepers in the backs and forwards, and the gold ol' Sandilands and Kreuzer ruck combo :thumbsu:

Carrazo, but i dont like the other two at all, because i think they have reached their potential

But going back to my first question....
I dont really believe in mid-pricers in my midfield because there is a low chance of even 1 out of your 2 becoming a premium, and if if one does, it would be a lower premium
I like having 4 true premiums
So i ask the question again
What are the 4 best midfielders you can buy with 1.9 million

That question is too tough to ask, I don't think many people are going to go in and start dividing that 1.9 between 4 players to answer your question.

Next -> Warnock Vs Lobbe Vs Trengove Vs Skipper

Warnock, Carlton spent a lot of time, effort and money to get the big guy over from Freo and I think with Fevola's departure Kreuzer is going to be required in the forward line a lot more regularly if not for pinch hitting purposes alone.

Warnock adds a different dimension and better flexibility to the Carlton squad and comes with big wraps and expectations. The only concern is that Cloke or Hampson had a big pre-season but this being said a lot of Carlton supporters are keen to see young Robbie earn his pay.

Skipper, Loobe, Trengrove are all back up ruckmen at best. Skipper is behind Taylor and Renouf, Lobbe behind Westhoff and Brogan and trailing last is Jackson Trengrove unless he manages to tie down a major defensive role which I doubt.

Banner or Bastinac or Shuey

Id go with Warnock because im sure Carlton would be wanting to see their talented recuit

Back to my question- its not a hard question, dividing 1.9 million between 4 gives an average price of about 475k

That question is too tough to ask, I don't think many people are going to go in and start dividing that 1.9 between 4 players to answer your question.

Lobbe will get some game time but you would think Warnock will play more, i've picked both plus the Nat.

What are the 4 best midfielders you can buy with 1.9 million

At that price range I'd be looking for players who are durable who might have a little bit of upside (though at those prices upside is unlikely). IMO, I'd look at Swan-Jimmy-Boyd-Mitchell. All four have great durability and I think Mitchell might also have 5-10% of upside.

Definitely the first lot. Wouldn't expect Trengove and Skipper to play as many games as Warnock and Lobbe, who both have positions available to them. Skipper is purely back up and Trengove will have more competition for a spot than Lobbe will.

Banner or Bastinac or Shuey

That's a really tough one. Banner and Shuey have the added bonus of an extra year in the system, but all in all, there's not a lot to separate them.

Really, it's too hard to call at this stage, without having seen them all play at least once in the NAB Cup.

One to revisit in a month or so.

Robert Murphy v Danger + 30k

That's a really tough one. Banner and Shuey have the added bonus of an extra year in the system, but all in all, there's not a lot to separate them.

Really, it's too hard to call at this stage, without having seen them all play at least once in the NAB Cup.

One to revisit in a month or so.

Robert Murphy v Danger + 30k

Danger + 30k, he looked good despite Adelaide getting thrashed against PA.

Eagleton vs Van Berlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back