Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danger + 30k, he looked good despite Adelaide getting thrashed against PA.

Eagleton vs Van Berlo
Van Berlo as Eagleton isn't a guarntee to play all 22 and if fit Van Berlo goes straight in to the Midfield plus has more of an upside than eagleton.

Armitage or Mackay
and
Swan/Montagna/Ablett

Van Berlo as Eagleton isn't a guarntee to play all 22 and if fit Van Berlo goes straight in to the Midfield plus has more of an upside than eagleton.

Armitage or Mackay

Mackay, I think Armitage will score better but i'm still not 100% convinced Ross Lyon will give him 15+ games this year.

Ryan Hargrave or Carrazzo + 30k

Carrazzo will likely improve from last year wheras Hargrave had a breakout year last year and will consolidate this year.

Gibbs or Selwood, J?

Carrazzo will likely improve from last year wheras Hargrave had a breakout year last year and will consolidate this year.

Gibbs or Selwood, J?
selwood, as he is chepaer and gibbs will liekly get tagged in the first 3 rounds, with judd out of action
but im looking to pick gibbs up in round 4 or so

Ziebell, Kerr, Peake midfield ?

Ziebell by a fair margin. Although he suffered an injury last season it was a high impact injury that is difficult ot predict rather than a soft tissue injury likely to recur. Havingf said that he does throw himself in recklessly at time so may get more injuries than others. He has plenty of upside and job security is not an issue.

Kerr. Have a look at his history. While he may appear under-priced he is a very significant risk.

Peake. Not secure in the best 22.

Thanks Ollie,
originally had Palmer but by training reports his reconstructed knee will be nurtured until it is definately ready, which may rule him out till round 5

Ziebell can also be a forward option so cheers

Taylor Walker v Brett Burton

- I'm currently going with Walker because I don't want to risk buying Burton and watching him go down to another big injury, and I also think Walker can take a big step up from last year.

Taylor Walker v Brett Burton

- I'm currently going with Walker because I don't want to risk buying Burton and watching him go down to another big injury, and I also think Walker can take a big step up from last year.

Id go Burton.. Has more potential to score higher.. There is the risk of injury but there is also the risk of Walker not playing well and missing the best 22 somewhere through out the season.

My Question:

Riewoldt, Goodes, S Selwood (or someone around that price) vs O Keefe, Pav, Harbrow

Id go Burton.. Has more potential to score higher.. There is the risk of injury but there is also the risk of Walker not playing well and missing the best 22 somewhere through out the season.

My Question:

Riewoldt, Goodes, S Selwood (or someone around that price) vs O Keefe, Pav, Harbrow
i reckon the second option
okeefe should increase his average in the midfield this year, pavlich is a dreamteam gun and harbrow should be able to slightly increase his average

Heath Shaw vs Andrew Mackie

Polkinghorne +50k vs medhurst

i reckon the second option
okeefe should increase his average in the midfield this year, pavlich is a dreamteam gun and harbrow should be able to slightly increase his average

Heath Shaw vs Andrew Mackie

Polkinghorne +50k vs medhurst

Heath Shaw imo over Mackie due to a promised increase time in the midfield. Medhurst will be back to top form and even become a keeper!

Help me out man :)

Okeefe or J.Brown?
Mid under 350k > Mitchell or Conney or Kornes or Watson....keeping in mind cash isnt bad :D

Thx again!

I'd go Mitchell, when he's on fire he cleans up possessions. Plus the inclusion of Burgoyne and having Young + Ellis back will free him up. Also Hodge through the midfield.. There's only so many players that can be covered...

ROK & Brown is a hard one, i'd personally go ROK due to the fact he's usually pretty consistent with scores...

I have a couple...

Brogan + Warnock vs Hille + Charman

Martin vs Ziebell

two of - Burgoyne vs McLean vs Morton vs Boak

Rioli vs Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely ROK. Played A LOT in the midfield last year and is less injury prone the JB. That said I love Browny and he would not let you down as he has the potential for monster scores whereas ROK doesn't as much.

Andrew Moore or Cameron Hitchcock? I like Moore is also a back so swapping with Phil Davis makes him an attractive option (come injuries or downgrade time).

Definitely ROK. Played A LOT in the midfield last year and is less injury prone the JB. That said I love Browny and he would not let you down as he has the potential for monster scores whereas ROK doesn't as much.

J.Brown 2009
- 8 x 100+ Scores
- 6 x 120+ Scores
- high of 145

R.Okeefe 2009
- 10 x 100+ Scores
- 4 x 120+ Scores
- High of 173 (second high of 149 still above brown's)

Not that much of a difference really - in fact Id consider them about equal due to O'keefe having more tonnes, and a significantly larger 'high'.

Add into the calculations O'keefes MF role, higher level of consistency and the fact that there is uncertainty about the Brown/Fev combo and I think the answer to the original X v Y is pretty clear IMO.

J.Brown 2009
- 8 x 100+ Scores
- 6 x 120+ Scores
- high of 145

R.Okeefe 2009
- 10 x 100+ Scores
- 4 x 120+ Scores
- High of 173 (second high of 149 still above brown's)

Not that much of a difference really - in fact Id consider them about equal due to O'keefe having more tonnes, and a significantly larger 'high'.

Add into the calculations O'keefes MF role, higher level of consistency and the fact that there is uncertainty about the Brown/Fev combo and I think the answer to the original X v Y is pretty clear IMO.

Only thing worrying about Okeefe at this stage, is whether he might eventually get tagged. Other than McVeigh there is really no1 in Sydney that is worth tagging over Okeefe.

Il throw in an interesting one

Mayne vs Burton

I'd go with Mayne. Burton hasn't played a full season since 2002

Cooney, Riewoldt, $200k+ ruckman vs Morton, Brennan, Tippet

First option easily mate!

Cooney is in for a big season, after finally having a pre-season this year as apposed to last year (where he still managed to average 90). He looks fit and ready to explode. I wouldn't be surprised if he increases his average up to 100+. Cooney > Morton.

Volt is a gun and will probably be the highest scoring forward come seasons end. So its a no brainer really. Volt > Brennan (by a good 20gg IMO).

I'd go with Mayne. Burton hasn't played a full season since 2002

Cooney, Riewoldt, $200k+ ruckman vs Morton, Brennan, Tippet

Yep cooney and volt are gunna get you consistent high scores week in week out

A.Sandilands + R.Gray OR M.Kreuzer + J.Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back