Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tippet or Gray? (both same price, but Tippet dual eligibility)
Gray easily. Just more scoring potential and can also play midfield. More likely to get 100's out of Gray than Tippett IMO.

Now Warren or Polkinghorne (as I have asked a few times)?
And Greenwood or Broadbent? (based on scoring potential and job security)

I shall answer this.

I'd go with Polkinghorne just because he'll play in the midfield and Warren won't and this year might be his break out year.

But watch the Nab Cup first.

Gray easily. Just more scoring potential and can also play midfield. More likely to get 100's out of Gray than Tippett IMO.

Polkinghorne. Playing midfield in a better team should see scores rise.
Broadbent. However if Greenwood gets midfield time then it's line ball.

McPhee v Newman (v Waite)

For me it would be between Mcphee and Waite

Mcphee moving into the midfield for the dockers, while Waite is coming off a major injury

For me Mcphee

Broadbent and Dal Santo (or in that range) VS Mastern and Waite

For me it would be between Mcphee and Waite

Mcphee moving into the midfield for the dockers, while Waite is coming off a major injury

For me Mcphee

Broadbent and Dal Santo (or in that range) VS Mastern and Waite

I'm presuming you have McPhee already in your side or else you completely contradicted what you just said!

I don't think I can really answer this one because I have no knowledge on Broadbent other than what is on this board. I've saw him play once or twice towards the end of the season but that is really all.

I would be interested to get other people's thoughts on the Waite vs McPhee. They are both at strange prices around the 340k mark... you could spend the extra 40-50k and get an enright etc. or you could downgrade to a Scotty Selwood, midpricer player etc.

I'm presuming you have McPhee already in your side or else you completely contradicted what you just said!

I don't think I can really answer this one because I have no knowledge on Broadbent other than what is on this board. I've saw him play once or twice towards the end of the season but that is really all.

I would be interested to get other people's thoughts on the Waite vs McPhee. They are both at strange prices around the 340k mark... you could spend the extra 40-50k and get an enright etc. or you could downgrade to a Scotty Selwood, midpricer player etc.

In the never ending pursuit to find value every player must be considered... surely?

IMO Waite and McPhee are about line ball. I'd probably lean towards McPhee at this stage because Waite might take a few games to find his feet (hence low scores..). Plus McPhee's said midfield role. But the NAB might change my opinion on this if Waite does play a game(s).

Here goes..
Birchall vs Harbrow.

Also, has anyone got any info/updates on Simon Buckley? Could he get regular games at the Pies or is he just a depth player?

IMO Waite and McPhee are about line ball. I'd probably lean towards McPhee at this stage because Waite might take a few games to find his feet (hence low scores..). Plus McPhee's said midfield role. But the NAB might change my opinion on this if Waite does play a game(s).

Here goes..
Birchall vs Harbrow.

Also, has anyone got any info/updates on Simon Buckley? Could he get regular games at the Pies or is he just a depth player?
Nothing about Simon Buckley, but I would love to hear information too :D.

Anyways, I would most probably chose Birchall. Always priced around the same every year and is that consistant player that will always get you 70 or 80 week in week out, which is pretty good for a 300k player. Harbrow is unique but I think I read that in the practice match he did injure himself which is another reason why I would pick Birchall.

This is pretty tough, oh god I hate DT :p
Goddard + Enright + Kennelly (this means I will have Broadbent, Kennelly and Davis/Trengove starting)
or
Gram + Mackie + McDonald

I would go for number 1 in a heart beat, but I'm worried about whos starting etc.

Nothing about Simon Buckley, but I would love to hear information too :D.

Anyways, I would most probably chose Birchall. Always priced around the same every year and is that consistant player that will always get you 70 or 80 week in week out, which is pretty good for a 300k player. Harbrow is unique but I think I read that in the practice match he did injure himself which is another reason why I would pick Birchall.

This is pretty tough, oh god I hate DT :p
Goddard + Enright + Kennelly (this means I will have Broadbent, Kennelly and Davis/Trengove starting)
or
Gram + Mackie + McDonald

I would go for number 1 in a heart beat, but I'm worried about whos starting etc.

I would personally go for option number 2 as it gives u 3 keepers although i would swap McDonald for Ellis and Mackie for Hodge/Fisher/Shaws etc. Both options are very good though

Now for mine
H. Shaw, Cunnington, Goodes
or
Hurn, Lewis/Cooney, Polkinghorne

Who should I pick:

S. Fisher VS Carazzo VS Adcock VS H. Shaw
I would pick Sam Fisher because he is heavily underpriced and had a less than par year, should life his average this year

Now for my Question:

Mastern
Mcphee

OR

Broadbent
Dal Santo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now for mine
H. Shaw, Cunnington, Goodes
or
Hurn, Lewis/Cooney, Polkinghorne

Top one in my opinion Anzac. Hurn gets a lot of pump up becasue he can kick it long. But they don't count double when they travel 55m. I dumped him last year and was better for it, and he was cheaper then.

footycool - Masten & Mcphee for me in that one. The thing with McPhee is that he will play. If he's not scoring what you want then he's priced to trade out for someone who is.

If B/bent doesn't then you have far fewer choices plus Dal & Masten will often score similar points this year I reckon.

How about Jolly v Brogan.

I would go with jolly hes inter-club match was a perfect 10 booted a few goals when went fow, used hes body well in the ruck.

drummond>j.MacDonald>enright>bock??

Enright because he is consistant and will average you 90 this year. Bock and Drummond have injury worries while Macdonald is at a new club and u dont know what his role will be.

Sandlinads + Masten or Brogan + Cooney?

^ Broadbent & Dal Santo (though there are better options like Pendlebry and Selwood)

I reckon McPhee will be a solid player this year at Fremantle and average 85. But Masten is the weak link from those two. He will be a good player no doubt but he seems very handball happy which is not a good thing.

Port Adelaide seem very confident in Broadbent and I think he will play 22 games this year and could be this year's Andy Otten. I think he will average 65-75 so he could be a keeper if things go to plan.

Next up: Shuey or Bastinac?

^ Broadbent & Dal Santo (though there are better options like Pendlebry and Selwood)

I reckon McPhee will be a solid player this year at Fremantle and average 85. But Masten is the weak link from those two. He will be a good player no doubt but he seems very handball happy which is not a good thing.

Port Adelaide seem very confident in Broadbent and I think he will play 22 games this year and could be this year's Andy Otten. I think he will average 65-75 so he could be a keeper if things go to plan.

tough one mate
both ripping it up at their respective clubs
bastinac is chopping in all the time trials
and shuey is dominating in all the practices and play
would have been best on ground in the intraclub if he didnt get rested in the last third, kept kerry pretty quiet in the beginning too :thumbsu:
id go for both if your keen

Shuey looks more likely to get a game early. Wait to see Nab Cup

I can't believe how many people are disadvantaging themselves by following last years trends and missing out on the bargains.

Enright Vs Mackie.

Before 09' started Mackie had the higher average. Mackie is younger, and being only 25 surely has his best footy ahead of him in the next few years. Mackie is down on price, and rule #1 in DT is to look for players who will increase in value. Enright will remain a keeper, but i cant see him lifting his average.

This is just one example, there are pleanty more.

Shuey looks more likely to get a game early. Wait to see Nab Cup

sandi and masto
sandi will be in the top 5 of ruckmen almost gauranteed bar injury of course
and i think masten has a lot more scope for improvement compared with either one of brogan or cooney

brogan has had tribunal troubles in the past and is in a struggling port adelaide team, although sandi plays for a struggling freo we know he can score well despite that and they should be better than port this year
cooney is an sc player
will still get around 90 - 100 average in dt but wont be in the top end of midfielders come seasons end
masten could average anywhere between 80 and 100. might be his breakout year, 3rd pick in 07 and is finally over his groin problems so will be kicking more
has put on a heap of muscle as well

Sandi & Masten I think, but only just. I think Brogan is underpriced and I think he'll score better than he's ever done before.

Gumby, TDL or Tapscott.

I can't believe how many people are disadvantaging themselves by following last years trends and missing out on the bargains.

Enright Vs Mackie.

Before 09' started Mackie had the higher average. Mackie is younger, and being only 25 surely has his best footy ahead of him in the next few years. Mackie is down on price, and rule #1 in DT is to look for players who will increase in value. Enright will remain a keeper, but i cant see him lifting his average.

This is just one example, there are pleanty more.

I agree to a point. I don't really understand why but I'm more concerned about Harley retiring having more of an effect on Mackie than Enright. No idea if true but a Geelong mate of mine did say that Mackie wasn't as good when Harley was out last year.

In this vein then Goddard & Mackie or Gram & Enright or Gram & Mackie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back