Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately Sandilands and Masten.
Sandiland > Brogan by 30 min.
Cooney > Masten by about 10 to 15

Also, I doubt you would have a successful Dream Team with Brogan being your number 1 choice ruck. In my opinion, it's a recipe for disaster.
Please explain this seemingly baseless comment?

If your number 1 ruck is Brogan, plenty of other would have Kreuzer (if not Cox or Sandilands). So essentially, you'll be around 15 behind Kruezer each week and 30 behind Sandilands and Cox.
If Brogan is your first ruck, then who's your second? Minson, Hudson, Blake, Hille? Unless Hille instantly returns to 08 form (unlikely), you'll be another 15 behind other peoples second rucks.
Gaining 45 on the other positions sounds simple, but a lot can go wrong in the backline and forwardline so hopefully they are set pretty well with the money saved on rucks.

If you think that Brogan can get to an average of mid to high 80s, then great. Good luck. I dont see it happening. At 32 years old and never having to carry the number 1 ruck role for 70% of the game during his career strikes me as a high chance for an injury to occur. I think mid 70s is max and I think Tippett would be a better option in a similar price range.

You might get lucky and be able to upgrade Brogan at some stage. But doing that, you will have to burn 4 trades (2 to cash in your bench and 2 to upgrade) on your rucks to remain competitive.

That leaves you with 16 trades to use on the other positions.
Hopefully you've selected the other positions well because it'll leave you with 10 trades to use for upgrades (after cashing in 6 bench players), cover injuries (you hope they don't occur) or just good choices that turned sour.

Last year I got lucky with Sandilands and McIntosh. Those saved trades helped me cover the other sour choices and injuries in the other positions. In previous years I found it tougher to have to upgrade rucks as well as attend to other positions.

I could end up being stuffed if Kreuzer and Sandilands fall to injury or poor form early on, but I'd back them to remain stable and score well before I back Brogan.

But hey. Good luck with Brogan as your first ruck.

Cooney easily. Cooney had a pretty good year while hampered with injuries. Imagine how he will go this year injury free and firing.

Masten vs Armitage vs C.Young vs Swift

Personally I can't seperate Armitage and Masten... They both look SO good at there respective prices. I've decided to get both of them in my team :)
Is anyone else considering putting two 77k ruckmen as their reserves just to save money. I'm considering at the moment also putting Scully in my reserves because I think a move like that could pay dividends :thumbsu:

So into my question... Sheppard (7th Back) and Scully (I have Martin, Trengove in with 2 to start out of the 3)
OR
Josh Hunt and Luke Shuey?

Cooney easily. Cooney had a pretty good year while hampered with injuries. Imagine how he will go this year injury free and firing.

Masten vs Armitage vs C.Young vs Swift
young is injured i think so cross him off, I dont know if masten is going to be a massive scorer but he should improve his e is going to get a game. Swift has potential to become a keeper if he is fit and he will be a real gun. Armitage is currently in my team. If he plays he will score well (always will lots of tackles) currently he is in the best 22 (just) but if one of the saints goes down his TOG will go up and he will explode

I'd have to go Armitage. Instead of Masden i'd consider Ziebell...

Gilbee vs Hurley vs Gram?

Schoenmakers vs Sheppard

Air_Up. I would go gilbee hands down. gets the balls you want and is often reliable.

Who do you guys think Palmer or Cotchin. Massive fan of both but not sure which of the two???

Air_Up. I would go gilbee hands down. gets the balls you want and is often reliable.

Who do you guys think Palmer or Cotchin. Massive fan of both but not sure which of the two???
I would take Palmer as he is a proven performer but Cothcin has some doubt but palmer back from injury could be a worry but a better buy then Cotchin IMO.

Mine,

S.Hill/Jetta(syd)/M.Mcveigh/shuey

So into my question... Sheppard (7th Back) and Scully (I have Martin, Trengove in with 2 to start out of the 3)
OR
Josh Hunt and Luke Shuey?

Scully will be probably be eased into this season so I imagine players like Trengove and Tapscott will be blooded before him. Sheppard is in a similar situation as Scully. He will play games but round 1 is about 50/50 at this stage.

Hunt is in the best 22 and Shuey is also a good chance for round 1 so i'll get with that combo.

Next up: Riewoldt & Polak or Gray & Ziebell

Scully will be probably be eased into this season so I imagine players like Trengove and Tapscott will be blooded before him. Sheppard is in a similar situation as Scully. He will play games but round 1 is about 50/50 at this stage.

Hunt is in the best 22 and Shuey is also a good chance for round 1 so i'll get with that combo.

Next up: Riewoldt & Polak or Gray & Ziebell
Gray&Ziebell

I would take Palmer as he is a proven performer but Cothcin has some doubt but palmer back from injury could be a worry but a better buy then Cotchin IMO.

Mine,

S.Hill/Jetta(syd)/M.Mcveigh/shuey

I would go with McVeigh and Shuey as McVeigh can and proably will average more than Hill and also cause Hill will proably still get tagged this year.

Mine is
Buckley/Drum/Kennelly + Armitage
OR
Gram + Bastinac

Enright. He is super consistant. Goodwin will most likely go down this year and Gilbert may have to play more of a defensive role now that Hudgeton is gone.

Goddard would be a better option for your backline. But if I had to pick, I would go with Selwood. You can't really split them though. Selwood is huge now and will be able to win even more of his own ball.

My turn,

Knights + Masten or Warren + S.Tompson/Cross/Kornes/Deledio?

I dont understand why you would think his role would change this year compared to last just because Hudghtons gone considering Hudghton didnt even play a game last season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enright vs Gram
Enright is seriously underpriced at 394k, he is consistant and solid week in week out. Gram can be in and out of the saints side like we saw last year

Enright for me

Harvey or Higgins

Enright is seriously underpriced at 394k, he is consistant and solid week in week out. Gram can be in and out of the saints side like we saw last year

I wouldn't say Enright is 'seriously underpriced'. If anything he is overpriced.

Gram missed 1 game last year (he was rested from memory).

Harvey or Higgins

Higgins has higher scoring potential, but I couldn't select him at that price with his durability concerns. Harvey will be a solid contributor and is unlikely to miss games, so I'd be inclined to go with the safer option in Harvey.

McLeod or Harbrow?

Gray easily. Just more scoring potential and can also play midfield. More likely to get 100's out of Gray than Tippett IMO.

They scored within a point of each other in 09 (72 to 73) with each having played at least 20 games. Tippett had 4 100+ games and Gray 1.

I need Tippett to cover for my rucks.

Tippett for me.

Higgins has higher scoring potential, but I couldn't select him at that price with his durability concerns. Harvey will be a solid contributor and is unlikely to miss games, so I'd be inclined to go with the safer option in Harvey.

McLeod or Harbrow?

Definately Harbrow. McLeod is just too old and his knee is still a worry. He (along with Goody and Edwards) may be rested during the season to get them through the season aswell. Harbrow is playng in a very good side who like to share the ball through half back and the midfield. He looks like a very decent low end keeper.

O'Keefe vs Sandilands (changing Tippett from Rucks < -> Fwds)

Definately Harbrow. McLeod is just too old and his knee is still a worry. He (along with Goody and Edwards) may be rested during the season to get them through the season aswell. Harbrow is playng in a very good side who like to share the ball through half back and the midfield. He looks like a very decent low end keeper.

O'Keefe vs Sandilands (changing Tippett from Rucks < -> Fwds)

Your asking for a comparison for a Fwd/Mid and a ruck?

You are talking about Ryan O'Keefe? arn't you?

I wouldn't say Enright is 'seriously underpriced'. If anything he is overpriced.

Gram missed 1 game last year (he was rested from memory).

I think i might be with you on this one Goody.. Enright no doubt has been very durable over the years but he is nearing 29 this year and I do think Gram may have a bit more upside. Enright may be able to get picked up cheaper during the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back