Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuey & 60k

Scully is an imense talent but I doubt that Melbourne will rush him into the side with his current injury concerns.

Next up: O'Keefe & Cunnigton or Riewoldt & Bastinac

You will all regret not having Scully. He's over his injury, came first in the club's recent yo-yo test and second in the 2km time trial to Morton. He's also training exceptionally well. He'll play midfield from round 1, whilst Trengove will play off a HF flank. The club won't burn Scully, but you've got to understand the beast.

I'm enjoying seeing Scully out of most teams. He's in mine and I don't have Trengove. Scully will be the regret of many a DTer.

You will all regret not having Scully. He's over his injury, came first in the club's recent yo-yo test and second in the 2km time trial to Morton. He's also training exceptionally well. He'll play midfield from round 1, whilst Trengove will play off a HF flank. The club won't burn Scully, but you've got to understand the beast.

I'm enjoying seeing Scully out of most teams. He's in mine and I don't have Trengove. Scully will be the regret of many a DTer.

If Scully is selected round 1, I'm sure many people will switch him back into their team.

As far as choosing between Scully and Shuey, well, I'd back Scully. Too much competition in West Coast's team to warrant passing a definite centre starter like Scully.

Ball v. Carrazzo v. Griffen

not 100% convinced about Ball and am still unsure whether Carrazzo would be a good midfield option or not, does have back eligibility though.

Ball v. Carrazzo v. Griffen

not 100% convinced about Ball and am still unsure whether Carrazzo would be a good midfield option or not, does have back eligibility though.

I like the risk of carrazzo, could pay off well. Although i'd be look at him as a backman

2 of Dalziell, Mackay, Ward or swift.

If I was to select Carrazzo I'd probably want him in my midfield actually (or I'd at least want someone who I can swap him into the midfield for). The thing I don't like about Carrazzo is that he's not secure in the side, so if I was going to pick him I'd want him in the midfield where I assume I'm going to have better bench coverage.

Melbourne could hardly split the two. They probably only picked Scully at No.1 coz he's Victorian:rolleyes:. Trengove will be an absolute GUN. If your team want to annoy him by giving Scully all the attention then i'm sure he'll get home sick pretty quick:D:p

Melbourne could hardly split the two. They probably only picked Scully at No.1 coz he's Victorian:rolleyes:. Trengove will be an absolute GUN. If your team want to annoy him by giving Scully all the attention then i'm sure he'll get home sick pretty quick:D:p

No need to be parochial, Chump.

A few things:

Scully will only play midfield, where as I suspect Trengove will play as a flanker, ergo more DT points for Scully, imo.

I agree that Trengove will be a "gun" and wanted the Dees to draft him.

Trengove has signed on for three years and was a country SA lad, a few hours from Adelaide. I don't see any "go home" factor. :)

I would go Riewoldt and Bastinac

I dont see Cunnington averaging too much more than Bastinac, and Roo is a clear class above any other forward

btw love the sig, the man with a head like a ****ing orange

oh, and my question
Higgins v Harvey v Giansiracusa

Higgins for mine. More upside to Higgins IMO. I can't see any improvement out of Harvey due to age and the bulldogs will have a much better year than the roos.

Tippet v Gray

I would go Riewoldt and Bastinac

I dont see Cunnington averaging too much more than Bastinac, and Roo is a clear class above any other forward

btw love the sig, the man with a head like a ****ing orange

oh, and my question
Higgins v Harvey v Giansiracusa

Gia for mine!

Higgins has upside yes, but he is also injury prone. Plus with last year being his break-out year, he has pretty much topped in price.

Gia is underpriced and a steal, IMO. Largely due to not having the best of years last year. He took awhile to get going and seemed to lack TOG. This year however, will be different. He has had the best pre-season of his life, looks arguable in the best shape of his life and i wouldn't be surprised if he increases his ppg by 10-15 this year.

Harvey is too old, simple as that. It's a gamble going with a player like that because if they get injured, it could take them longer to get back, due to their aging bodies. Plus with a new coach and exciting prospects coming through, who knows how much time in the midfield Harvey will have this year. He might even decrease his average from last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandilands + Shuey
OR
Tippett + Scully

Bear in mind that the midfielder will be for my bench spot. I'm looking to get Martin, Scully and Trengove as 5th, 6th and 7th midfielders in my team but I'm not sure whether downgrading Sandilands to Tippett is the best option. Instead of this option I could downgrade Riewoldt to Higgins but I quite like the look of Riewoldt heading my forward line! People's thoughts?

Sandilands + Shuey
OR
Tippett + Scully

Bear in mind that the midfielder will be for my bench spot. I'm looking to get Martin, Scully and Trengove as 5th, 6th and 7th midfielders in my team but I'm not sure whether downgrading Sandilands to Tippett is the best option. Instead of this option I could downgrade Riewoldt to Higgins but I quite like the look of Riewoldt heading my forward line! People's thoughts?
id go sandi shuey
not being biased or anything but if its only for your bench spot in the mids then id rather the cheaper option who should still be able to make you some decent cash since thats what they are there for
sandi is consistantly a great scoring ruck
tippet is up and down
should improve but wont post scores like sandi can or will

gram vs enright

higgins vs brown

Upgrade may be the answer, but it's definitely not plain and simple.
The answer will depend on what the rest of your team looks like, and what your strategy for the year will be.

Well it pretty much comes down to something like this -

Swift
Ziebell
$114K

or

Swift
Franklin
$40K

or

Boak
Ziebell

Pretty much answered my own question here I think...

Well it pretty much comes down to something like this -

Swift
Ziebell
$114K

or

Swift
Franklin
$40K

or

Boak
Ziebell

Pretty much answered my own question here I think...

What do you think?
I would ask mysef why am I picking each of those players? Franklin and Boak are obviously keepers, do you think Swift will become a keeper? what about Ziebell? If not how much money do you think they'll make for you?

What do you think?
I would ask mysef why am I picking each of those players? Franklin and Boak are obviously keepers, do you think Swift will become a keeper? what about Ziebell? If not how much money do you think they'll make for you?

I've kept swift and upgraded Ziebell to Franklin...

Not sure what to make of Swift still though. He's kind of in no mans land in terms of keeper and a trade away. He was a tip from a West Coast supporting mate. Do you think his value is too high to gamble on ?

I've kept swift and upgraded Ziebell to Franklin...

Not sure what to make of Swift still though. He's kind of in no mans land in terms of keeper and a trade away. He was a tip from a West Coast supporting mate. Do you think his value is too high to gamble on ?

I like Swift, I think his game is made for DT. However, he's only in his second year with an history of injuries. I would have him on my list of players to monitor in the NAB cup, there are a few others around that price range as well. Masten is all the rage this pre-season, Kerr a bit cheaper, and Burgoyne not that much more to name a few.

At the end of the day though I would say do the research and then go with your gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back