Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with not many other gun midfielder in the port team, you would expect theres a chance for boak to get tagged next year. although very soft, cale morton has a good dream team game and is expected to improve his average in an improving melbourne side (since they cant get any worse:p) and he probably wont get injured cose he doesnt go in contests.

gia or pav?
pav for me
underpriced and returning to the forward line where he should increase his marks and goals
get his numbers back up to previous seasons averages hopefully
i realise gia had a down year last year marked with a few injuries and tog issues but i think pav is a safer bet. gia is gettin old

Hard one here due to the fact both have break out seasons looming...

ZIEBELL = positives are he will get pleanty of opportunitiies throughout the year. He will play an important roll in a young midfield and could avergae 80+... Coming off a broken leg though could be a minor concern.

GRAY = Will definatly get more midfield time and the ablity to go forward and kick a goal too. Not to many things to say in the negatives other then the fact he is $40,000 more expensive...

MY VERDICT = Go both if salary cap lets you because you will be rewarded with nice scores before trading up for GUNS! If you need to go with one i would choose Gray... more upside and scoring potential form mine. :thumbsu:

JONO BROWN OR PAVLICH
this is a tough one mate
lots of talk about browns output decreasing due to less goals caus of fev and less focus on him from team mates
plus he is generally a slow starter
i would wait and see with him
stick with pav who is underpriced then you can always upgrade to brown after his slow start which im hoping for

Well now LeCras is playing as a forward this year he is out of my calculation, Gia on the other hand is training well and should improve on his shocker last year. Therefore I would go Gia but he is not in my DT ATM.

Just a quick one... Phil Davis can be a forward or back
So who is more reliable to get games and get decent scores
Ash Smith/Jackson Trengove (PA) or Luke Tapscott

So pick one defender and a forward or two defenders.

Tapscott will play before Smith/Trengrove. I would have Davis and Tapscott.

Mar Williams, Scott Stevens or Brett Ebert?

Tough one...
I tend to lean towards mark williams. He should suit the bombers and is dangerous. In saying that Brett Ebert had a disappointing year last year and is relatively cheap. Plenty of upside right there.

Jon Brown vs Sylvia Vs Goodes v Knights v Harvey

Tough one...
I tend to lean towards mark williams. He should suit the bombers and is dangerous. In saying that Brett Ebert had a disappointing year last year and is relatively cheap. Plenty of upside right there.

Jon Brown vs Sylvia Vs Goodes v Knights v Harvey

brown is usually a slow starter, as stated before, good mid season upgrade
sylvia will get increased attention this season, maybe 2nd tag
GOODES from what i can remeber averged over 100 last season when he played forward
harvey is getting a bit old
not sure bout knights:p

tom hawkins or barry hall?

Tapscott will play before Smith/Trengrove. I would have Davis and Tapscott.

Mar Williams, Scott Stevens or Brett Ebert?

It's funny. I'm a Dees supporter that reads all our forums and attends the occasional training session and I can't see Tapscott playing more than 6 games this year. He's physicaly very mature, but he'll be no where near best 22 imo. He's behind Maric, Green, Sylvia, Trengove, Wonaeamirri, Bate, Petterd, Jurrah who I expect to be given roles in the forward line this year.

But I keep seeing him in DT teams. He's not in mine. I have high hopes for Tapscott, but I see him being the big mistake in most teams reserves.

I'd go Brown.
There's speculation that Pavlich is heading to the forward line because he has a degenerative hip problem that needs ongoing management.

Nick Suban or Scott Selwood
Scott Selwood... This guy I am surprised is not being talked about. He is due for a breakout year. He will be a great pickup this year. Unfortunately with my backline structure I can't fit him in. His job security also may be an issue so that maybe something to ask a WC supporter about. Personally I can't see Suban improving much on his average this year. His role in the Freo side is also a bit undefined as of yet.

Waite or Rioli or Gray?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite or Rioli or Gray?

Waite and Rioli are both currently injured, and Waite was quoted on the AFL website yesterday saying that he may not make it back by round 1. All have upside to their price and you could select all three as keepers if they were fully fit but at the moment Gray is the better pre-season which probably puts him ahead for now. All worth monitoring over the NAB cup.

Tom Hawkins vs Josh Kennedy (WC).

Waite and Rioli are both currently injured, and Waite was quoted on the AFL website yesterday saying that he may not make it back by round 1. All have upside to their price and you could select all three as keepers if they were fully fit but at the moment Gray is the better pre-season which probably puts him ahead for now. All worth monitoring over the NAB cup.

This is a tough one... Both players are at similar stages in their AFL careers. They have had time to develop and now after being highly sought after as young talent they have to prove to their clubs their worth. Personally, from a dream team perspective, I'm not sure whether we're going to see a great input. I can see both players playing a bit closer to the sticks meaning that there scores will not be as high as expected. I would expect Kennedy to be the better pickup to Hawkins though because I believe he could move up the ground a bit more this year. I am steering clear of both but I could be well wrong... Out of the two, Kennedy would be my pick :thumbsu:

Another one from me...
Shaw or Enright?

It's funny. I'm a Dees supporter that reads all our forums and attends the occasional training session and I can't see Tapscott playing more than 6 games this year. He's physicaly very mature, but he'll be no where near best 22 imo. He's behind Maric, Green, Sylvia, Trengove, Wonaeamirri, Bate, Petterd, Jurrah who I expect to be given roles in the forward line this year.

But I keep seeing him in DT teams. He's not in mine. I have high hopes for Tapscott, but I see him being the big mistake in most teams reserves.

Now thats interesting, I admit I don't know a lot about Tapscott, I did just take other peoples ideas on this one. I guess I'll be looking at NAB form.

On Ash Smith, although he is coming along well, I would be shocked if he played in the first 5/6 rounds.

Honestly think they are much of a muchness. Neither showed drastic improvement in the second half of last year which is something i like to look for in young players.

They will both become good key forwards, perhaps top 10 in the comp IMO later in their careers but i dont think it will be next year. Differences between the two are that kennedy is a year older but has had a few injuries only playing 45 games in 4 years while tommhawk played all but round 1 last year so Tom has the edge in that department.

Kennedy gets a point back as i see West Coast improving to challenge for the 8 this year whereas Geelong will be around the same as last year (i know that was good) but the point is about improvement.

Last but not least Josh is 25k more expensive so that may be handy when it all comes down to it.

I can see both players improving their scores by 10 points this year as natural development of the KPP. Meaning Josh goes up to an average of 83 and Hawkins to an average of 78.

There is merit in picking both of them but around the price i think there are better picks. eg Cyril for only 10k more than Kennedy. Sorry about the ramble,

Sandilands and Gray vs Kruezer and Pavlich

Kreuzer does more around the ground and gets more touches and he'll be spending time in the forward line plus he's about 150k cheaper.

And Higgins is just better than Gray.

I dont even know where to begin with that comment.

Let me get it right, you think Kruezer who averaged 75 last year will average more than sandi who averaged 95 because he 'does more around the ground' and he will spend time in the forward line. I think you should maybe put some thought into what you are typing. I might add that he is only 90k cheaper rather than get peoples hopes up with a 150k guess.

Also, I'm not even sure why you are mentioning higgins. I guess it sounds like Pavlich a bit.

I'm just gonna go ahead and ask the question again, maybe someone will give me a answer with some thought.

Sandilands and Gray vs Kruezer and Pav

Let me get it right, you think Kruezer who averaged 75 last year will average more than sandi who averaged 95 because he 'does more around the ground' and he will spend time in the forward line. I think you should maybe put some thought into what you are typing. I might add that he is only 90k cheaper rather than get peoples hopes up with a 150k guess.

Sandilands and Gray vs Kruezer and Pav

Calm down buddy don't take this too seriously.

Firstly i never said Kreuzer will get more points than Sandilands.

I'm just saying that most of Sandilands points come from hit outs while Kreuzer gets more touches and Kreuzers average will increase next year while i doubt Sandilands will as much as Kreuzers will.

Calm down buddy don't take this too seriously.

Firstly i never said Kreuzer will get more points than Sandilands.

I'm just saying that most of Sandilands points come from hit outs while Kreuzer gets more touches and Kreuzers average will increase next year while i doubt Sandilands will as much as Kreuzers will.

Im not taking it too seriously mate, just saying that your comments were unfounded and maybe think about what you are posting.

Kreuzer ave disposals - 2009 - 13.9
- 2008 - 9.75

Sandi ave disposals - 2009 - 17.4
- 2008 - 15
- 2007 - 12.66

Im not taking it too seriously mate, just saying that your comments were unfounded and maybe think about what you are posting.

Kreuzer ave disposals - 2009 - 13.9
- 2008 - 9.75

Sandi ave disposals - 2009 - 17.4
- 2008 - 15
- 2007 - 12.66

Cool, ...thanks for sharing that...?

This says Sandilands only averages .1 more touches and Kreuzer is just entering his 3rd year.

And this shows what i'm talking about him improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back