Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraser Hale and Petrie Vs Jacobs Derickx Knights

Hale/ Derickx 3/4th ruck, Fraser/ Jacobs 2nd ruck and Knights/ Petrie 6th forward

Trying to lock in my final Midfield spot

Burgoyne (who is training injury free for the first time in a few years)
Scully (Mind not on footy with GWS stuff?)
Rockliff (High scorer but may be tagged more heavily)
Redden (room for improvement prob their best youngster)
Lewis (Reasonably consistent but prob wont move up much)
Brennan (Will fill allot of gaps for Gold Coast)
ROK (Plays well when injury free but when is that)
Shuey (Shows great potential and would save a fair bit of coin but can he stay on the park)

Can anyone give their opinion please

Depends on what you are looking for, what do you mean by final midfield spot? Is this player intended to be keeper or someone you might look to upgrade through the year? If it is a keeper you are looking for then go Burgoyne, I reckon this year will be his best year ever in terms of DT average, will not get the attention he did at the peak of his powers at Port, and we have already seen what he did at Hawthorn last year coming off no pre season at all, looked brilliant in the NAB cup the other night, I'm tipping a 100+ average!!

Grimes (Def) + B.Matera (Fwd)

or

B.Sheppard (Def) + D.Astbury (Fwd)

Depends on what you are looking for, what do you mean by final midfield spot? Is this player intended to be keeper or someone you might look to upgrade through the year? If it is a keeper you are looking for then go Burgoyne, I reckon this year will be his best year ever in terms of DT average, will not get the attention he did at the peak of his powers at Port, and we have already seen what he did at Hawthorn last year coming off no pre season at all, looked brilliant in the NAB cup the other night, I'm tipping a 100+ average!!

Grimes (Def) + B.Matera (Fwd)

or

B.Sheppard (Def) + D.Astbury (Fwd)

IMO matera will make you more cash than sheppard and astbury combined and grimes's average is only about 20 points behind sheppard and astbury combined. im sure matera will be averaging more than 20 ppg

Goodes V O'Keefe (Syd)

IMO matera will make you more cash than sheppard and astbury combined and grimes's average is only about 20 points behind sheppard and astbury combined. im sure matera will be averaging more than 20 ppg

Goodes V O'Keefe (Syd)

Probably neither. O'Keefe if you are that keen, both are on the wrong side of thirty....

Fraser, Hale and Petrie Vs Jacobs, Derickx and Knights

Hale/ Derickx 3/4th ruck
Fraser/ Jacobs 2nd ruck
Knights/ Petrie 6th forward

Second option as Knights could become a keeper. Jacobs won't post huge scores, but he'll be the no.1 ruck and get good TOG.

Adcock and Sylvia vs Premium back (probably Broughton) and Leroy Jetta

Adcock and Sylvia vs Premium back (probably Broughton) and Leroy Jetta

I would gho the first option. Adcock will improve if fit and I think Sylvia will average 100+. Simply put I think the averages through out the year of option one will out weigth that of option two.

Mine is:
Grimes + Bartel
vs
Enright + M.Murphy

DWD i have mzung / krak / who will excel, but am looking to round out my fwds with a top end player, trying to decide who would be the best fit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cmon now
Mcglynn v Higgins v other forward premium under 360k,

id take sylvia and anthony Just ace

I think mcglynn played at his peak last year, Higgins has a bit of upside, but i'd be more inclined to look at T.Cloke (will continue to get better) or T.Varcoe (who should get more time in the guts with Gazza gone)

Rioli & jurrah vs franklin/didak and watts

I'm using an interesting system this year. Petrie plays 7th forward and Z Smith plays 2nd ruck, unless Smith is not playing in which Petrie is moved into the rucks via Tippett (swap Petrie into rucks, Tippett onto forward bench, Smith onto ruck bench). So it's currently x and Petrie/Smith. I figure Smith will average around 65. I also figure most ruckmen this year will only average 90 max, which is not enough to outlay too much money (I figure Petrie will most likely play most of my 2nd ruck days anyway, and he'll score 75 ish anyway).

So for a guy who's got 162.8k in the bank, Cox v Sandi for first ruck?

Info:

- Only one, not going premium rucks
- Have no other weagle player and only Mzungu from Freo.
- Not looking for highest scorer, but better improver. In essence, best value for money? Byes need to be factored in too.

I'm using an interesting system this year. Petrie plays 7th forward and Z Smith plays 2nd ruck, unless Smith is not playing in which Petrie is moved into the rucks via Tippett (swap Petrie into rucks, Tippett onto forward bench, Smith onto ruck bench). So it's currently x and Petrie/Smith. I figure Smith will average around 65. I also figure most ruckmen this year will only average 90 max, which is not enough to outlay too much money (I figure Petrie will most likely play most of my 2nd ruck days anyway, and he'll score 75 ish anyway).

So for a guy who's got 162.8k in the bank, Cox v Sandi for first ruck?

Info:

- Only one, not going premium rucks
- Have no other weagle player and only Mzungu from Freo.
- Not looking for highest scorer, but better improver. In essence, best value for money? Byes need to be factored in too.

Value for money is Cox hands down. 211 will do well to maintain his average with Griffen and ZC to get more game time, and those who pick him will be happy still as they're willing to pay full price for those points.

cmon now
Mcglynn v Higgins v other forward premium under 360k,

id take sylvia and anthony Just ace

I dont really know prices of players but have a look at and im not about to say pick X player

Morton, Rioli, Higgins, Mcglynn, T.Cloke, ROK, R.Murphy, Zaha (nice unique possible keeper, looked really good last night).

If you want a top end player than you may need to spend more, unless you consider the above players top end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back