Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higgins the midfielder vs Higgins the Forward?

Depends

As a mid if he lasts a full season then there are better value players in the mids IMO.

But if he goes down early, it's much easier trading him to another mid than it is to another forward around the same price and scoring ability.

So neither IMO

Grimes v Broughton v Duffield

Depends

As a mid if he lasts a full season then there are better value players in the mids IMO.

But if he goes down early, it's much easier trading him to another mid than it is to another forward around the same price and scoring ability.

So neither IMO

Grimes v Broughton v Duffield

Very tough call.

I wouldn't worry about the so called increased defensive role Duffield will supposedly be playing. He plays that on and off and it doesn't affect his scoring much. For instance there are people saying on here that he played a more defesive role than Broughton on the weekend, which he was, yet the scores they got were very similar. Duff will also get 9 or so points per game from kick ins when he chips it to himself.

Broughton, without any doubt in my mind has the higher potential but Duff is more set and forget.

The wildcard here for me is Grimes. I think he could outscore both of the others you've mentioned. He looked to be an integral part of the ball movement plan that MFC were using and both he and Davey got a lot of the ball as they came out of defence.

I have 2 of the 3 you mentioned and am considering the third as league play for me is much more fun so the bye situation helps immensely.

If you're only choosing 1 of the 3 I would go Duff for certianty, Grimes for ceiling and Broughton for a bit each way.

Luey v Jolly

Heppel, creates more flexability to your backline

Montagna v Selwood v Bartel v Pendlebury

Can only have 3 of them

I don't like these W+X vs. Y+Z ones as there are too many variables... like e.g. who else you already have in your team. E.g. adcock could be good... but can you really fit him in with the triple bye week... same deal with chappie. Both create conundrums with some of the "cookie cutter" picks.

The risk adverse choice is Gram + Sylvia. Though having said that all 4 players have horrible durability. So.... Chappie + Adcock probably worth it.

Beams vs. Sidebottom.

Still need an opinion on:

Adcock + M.Murphy (676,800)

or

Grimes + L. Anthony (695,800)

Which combo and why?

Grimes and Anthony. Purely on the basis that Grimes will average a lot more than Adcock, Murphy will average slightly more than Anthony in my opinion but if Anthony stays fit he has the potential to average 100 +.

M.Murphy + S.Mckernan

or

S.Burgoyne + A. Otten

Thoughts?

I don't like these W+X vs. Y+Z ones as there are too many variables... like e.g. who else you already have in your team. E.g. adcock could be good... but can you really fit him in with the triple bye week... same deal with chappie. Both create conundrums with some of the "cookie cutter" picks.

The risk adverse choice is Gram + Sylvia. Though having said that all 4 players have horrible durability. So.... Chappie + Adcock probably worth it.

Beams vs. Sidebottom.

Yeah thats true. Well either way, I've worked out that only two players at the most will miss with the bye (including rookies). Also these guys are one of the few risks I'm taking at this price, I haven't picked up guys like Grimes, Broughton, Anthony etc.

Also Gram doesn't really have horrible durability, Chapman doesn't really either, he can just miss games late in the season which sucks.

To answer your question, I like Sidebottom. I've always had a bit of a man crush on him though, ever since the under 18's. He will be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimes and Anthony. Purely on the basis that Grimes will average a lot more than Adcock, Murphy will average slightly more than Anthony in my opinion but if Anthony stays fit he has the potential to average 100 +.

M.Murphy + S.Mckernan

or

S.Burgoyne + A. Otten

Thoughts?

I'll give you a shot seeing as you helped me out..

I think Otten is going to be DT Gold this year (is in my team) and I'm not sure if Mckernan is going to be getting games early (although he had a very good NAB cup game vs Melbourne), but the difference between Murphy and Burgoyne is massive. Burgoyne hasn't finished a full season since 07 and is closing in on 30 (more injury problems I'd expect) while Murphy has only missed 1 game in 4 seasons and turns 24 this year. I'd hope Murphy to boost his DT score to over 105 average and be a true premium/keeper. I just don't see Burgoyne doing that and ending up costing you a trade. Also the Hawks have their bye in R6 with Geelong/Freo - if you already have a couple of guys in there from those teams you may find yourself in trouble. Burgoyne could be a good unique pick but I just see the risk as being too large.

Grimes & Ziebell v Wells & Adcock

Im torn.

Wells is injury free for the first time in 4 years, Adcock it appears is over his injury trouble as well.

Grimes I think will step up this year, JZ looks like having a very solid year, if he can get 22 games in.

Dont know which way to go.

Grimes & Ziebell v Wells & Adcock

Im torn.

Wells is injury free for the first time in 4 years, Adcock it appears is over his injury trouble as well.

Grimes I think will step up this year, JZ looks like having a very solid year, if he can get 22 games in.

Dont know which way to go.

i think wells have proven he is an absolute hack Dt'er/AFL player over the course of his career. he's never going to come good. ziebell will be a star player but isnt a DT'er for mine. will also more than likely snap his leg at some point during the year. adcock probably cant be trusted. i would definately say go with grimes - but instead of ziebell maybe pick a martin (adelaide) or a ward (bulldogs) and save yourself 60k.

im looking at a tough one in...

sylvia, brodie martin (both mids) and rioli v corey, anthony and knights

any oppinions would be great.

^^^^^ Petrie + Sandi ...

Sandi > Jolly

Petrie slightly less injury prone than Adcock - maybe look for someone else? Dangerfield? Greenwood?

Need much help on this---

Ablett + Gilbert (forward) + Dangerfield (forward)

or

L. Anthony + Pavlich + J Riewoldt

Around the same price.

Swan and Boyd locks in my midfield also.

Burgoyne v Cooney v L. Anthony....?

All about the same price...help?

Out of those three i would and have chosen Anthony. I think he has the greatest DT scoring potential of the three even though he is probably the least damaging player out of the three.

Fraser Hale and Petrie Vs Jacobs Derickx Knights

Hale/ Derickx 3/4th ruck, Fraser/ Jacobs 2nd ruck and Knights/ Petrie 6th forward

Need much help on this---

Ablett + Gilbert (forward) + Dangerfield (forward)

or

L. Anthony + Pavlich + J Riewoldt

Around the same price.

Swan and Boyd locks in my midfield also.

Second option is definitely the safest. Too many questions surrounding Ablett and Gilbert at this stage IMO.

Trying to lock in my final Midfield spot

Burgoyne (who is training injury free for the first time in a few years)
Scully (Mind not on footy with GWS stuff?)
Rockliff (High scorer but may be tagged more heavily)
Redden (room for improvement prob their best youngster)
Lewis (Reasonably consistent but prob wont move up much)
Brennan (Will fill allot of gaps for Gold Coast)
ROK (Plays well when injury free but when is that)
Shuey (Shows great potential and would save a fair bit of coin but can he stay on the park)

Can anyone give their opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back