Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Simmonds2Hislop - very tough one, I'd say Murphy, then Boak, then Thomas. With not much in between them.

Bruce V Broughton V Duffield

Montagna V Pendlebury
(having Swan is not an issue/deciding factor as I have Boyd as well and Montagna and Boyd share the round 4 bye)

idmfts i'd be going Broughton, potential for some solid midfield time and has always been a prolific scorer, if a little injury prone

line ball will Monty vs Pendles, its probably a coin flip but i have gone with Pendles

Mine was L.Davis vs C Yarran bearing in mind i already have Knights

is that for 4th, 5th or 6th forward? 4th forward should be a lower end premium, not any of these guys.

Port have a soft draw and play the last bye, so you get pleny of mileage out of Boak. his price and the fact Port can be utterly terrible some weeks is a concern though.

Boyd vs. Montagna vs. J. Selwood

Fair enough. Will consider.

Anthony vs. Kennedy + $50k

Anthony has small queries on durability whereas Kennedy has some doubt as to whether he will maintain high scores. I'd go Kennedy as he has more upside/value when you take into account the $50k for elsewhere, but perhaps only just.

In addition to the Boak discussion - Adelaide paper reported a week or two ago that he is feeling fantastic and is fully fit, and that he played much of last year with a groin niggle. One of a few players that has the potential to hit premium status this year. Question mark for me is that i agree that Port are average at best this year and could hurt his scores on occasion...

pendles+boak

liking pendles form in the pre season, and boak is every chance to improve on his avg

knights v shuey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Shuey if you can fit him into your midfield. Too many injury concerns with Knights especially after he pulled up sore after one of the games in pre-season. Also, Shuey showed at the end of last year that he has the ability to pull out absolutely top line scores. Personally, however, I would go neither and downgrade them to a cheaper player.

I have Ryder in the ruck at the moment but am worried that being played forward too much may limit his scoring. Cox is my other ruck and I have Petrie in the forward line. I can either:

- Move Petrie into the ruck and select a premium forward 384k or less.

- Downgrade one of Heppell or Prestia so I have the cash to upgrade Ryder to Sandilands. I'm also not sure to pick out of these two to downgrade. I think Heppell may be used as a sub for the early rounds. Is Heppell too expensive to start on the bench?

So basically would it be easier to upgrade Petrie from the ruck or forwardline. Also, Petrie could potentially become a keeper as a 7th forward I'm thinking but if he is in the ruck I'd probably still want Sandilands eventually.

Thoughts?

Fair enough. So next comparison...

Swan + Kennedy vs. Pendles + Boak?

Thinking of dropping Swan and bringing him in mid season. He won't get any more pricier than he is now.

there's loads of reasons to do that, even if he hits his 123 average of 2010 Swan still drops in price. he won't be more than $460,000 after Collingwood's second bye. not sure if Pendles puts up the same numbers in the real season when Swan is actually going at it properly though.

Andrew Swallow vs Marc Murphy?

about the same and both have byes during the finals, so ...

Joel Selwood or Jimmy Bartel

Darling vs Skinner

depending on structure but Joel Selwood.

Darling, will play more and score better than Skinner. Skinner is a trouble pick imo.

BigV said:
Joel Selwood or Jimmy Bartel

Darling vs Skinner

Bartel, wont get tagged. And neither, there are better options.

Chapman + Higgins + rookie back (Duigan//Faulks/Hibberd/Pupolo/Toy for the record with this system I have all five) $119,400 left

Goodes + Dangerfield + Russell (have Gibbs) $21.3k left

Pav + Dangerfield + Duffman $3.6k left

Leon Davis vs Mitch Duncan vs Chris Yarran

Can take 2 out of 3

I would probably take Davis and Duncan. Duncan had a good NAB cup and looks likely to play more in the midfield which could push his average from about 75 to 80 although he is a bit overpriced imo. Davis I think will have a better year.

Yarran is a bit of a roughie, and playing off half-back could rack up some points but I wouldn't take the risk, considering there is also knights, petterd and zaharakis and gray in this sort of price range who are equally flexible as dpps

Goodes and Conca is the safer bet. However two things needed to be considered with Goodes - i) He is playing that more predominately forward role, but has obviously done well the past two weeks. ii) Generally, he tends to score better as the year progresses, which is why he may be a better upgrade target for later on. If you're a risk taker then I see no problem in a Knights or Yarran/Cotchin combo. Cotchin has certainly been on over the pre season, as has Knights done well in his last two games. Yarran has obviously also done well in his new role, although I'm not convinced he will be as good a scorer as Knights but thats just me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back