Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotchin + Knights

or

M.Murphy + Mckernan

I would go Murphy + McKernan but only if you have some other good forward reserves to go on the field, I don't think McKernan will score quite highly enough for that. Personally I think Murphy is going to shoot into the top few scorers this year.

Anthony vs. Corey vs. Kelly

Sandi and Darling(as a bench player) vs L Davis and J Fraser?

IMO I would go the Davis and Fraser option. Fraser is a mature body in a young gold coast side so one would have to think that his game time will be up as he will play an important role on the field this year. Davis seems to be relishing the role down back and as we saw on Fri night still loves to float up the ground for the odd goal, huge potential to increase his average.
Sandi is a jet but IMO won't increase on last years average and possibly freo will learn from last year that sandi is so vital to their finals chances that they may ease his workload during the year. Darling has really improved throughout the preseason but can only be classed as a bench player.

3 bench players to choose out of: toy, puopollo, duigan, hibberd and lower? What are peoples thoughts?

Sorry for the spelling. Trying to post a reply off iPhone isn't the best option.

Option 2. Murphy should improve abit this year IMO and McKernan should play. He is best 21. While he won't average a ton. That 45-55 he'll get will provide solid cover

Mckernan will probably be used as the sub. Not sure if that's the type of bench player your after but it could work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BK, Higgins all the way over Grey!!!

mine is...

Hale as R2 + Yarran F5 + Petrie F7 < (obv with cover for rd 1/3...not to fussed tbh)
or
Jolly as R2 + Higgins F5 + Richardson F7

I just think Hale wont do half bad and that option gives me excellent cover for byes where as option 2 while having a 'elite' ruckman cover when pies/WC have byes will be iffy with smith/<97ker playing and covering...

or could have Jolly - Smith/Tippett and Yarren/Petrie in forwards (that would give me knights/foley/petrie and yarren as mid pricers...is this too many???)

BK, Higgins all the way over Grey!!!

mine is...

Hale as R2 + Yarran F5 + Petrie F7 < (obv with cover for rd 1/3...not to fussed tbh)
or
Jolly as R2 + Higgins F5 + Richardson F7

I just think Hale wont do half bad and that option gives me excellent cover for byes where as option 2 while having a 'elite' ruckman cover when pies/WC have byes will be iffy with smith/<97ker playing and covering...

or could have Jolly - Smith/Tippett and Yarren/Petrie in forwards (that would give me knights/foley/petrie and yarren as mid pricers...is this too many???)

Option 2 every time.

is just JD im scared of coverage of byes when rucks are off on holiday (as like everyone else :) )...

just stuck on what i can do :(

Guys can someone give me some feedback for my question?

I originally chose Toy, Hibberd and Duigan, however i then made the following changes:

1) B. Gibbs out of the backline and Nick Lower in.
2) J. Polec out of the mids and A. Goodes in.

My rational is that Lower will score better than Polec this year with better Job Security - especially now that Mzungu has gone down. I haven't been enthused with Polec's recent form and the fact that he played in Brisbane's reserves.

PS. I haven't chosen any Carlton, Geelong, Essendon or Nth Melb premiums in my team as i'm going purely for the league win and i don't want to waste trades on premiums which won't be playing finals.

So basically:

1) Gibbs and Polec

OR

2) Goodes and Lower

what does everyone think?

Igloo Coad is gonna get limited game time with all the expirence in the GC backline so go option 2 mate!

Yarran, Knights, Petrie (Richo)
OR
Higgins, Knights, Richo (Tapscott)

thx fellas!!!

number of people just wanting help with their own teams but can't be bothered to put their own input into the discussion. it can't be all take, take, take people. :thumbsdown:

Stuck on this myself, I am leaning towards Higgins and $50k, heres my decisions i am weighing up...

1) GRIMES + FOLEY + SANDI + GOODES

OR

2) ADCOCK + BARTEL + JOLLY + HIGGINS

???

i would say the bottom one. bartel jolly and higgins are gold. both combinations however have two injury prone players. grimes and foley in first, adcock and higgins in bottom. although if foley and grimes stay fit the top combo is probably looking better. this is actually a very hard choice. maybe pick goodes instead of higgins in the bottom combo (with the extra 50k)

im looking at

Sam Mitchell + Chris Yarran

v
Nat Fyfe + Brent Harvey

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back