Player X vs Player Y (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, gotta play on the field either Darling or Jono Brown? Both had shockers last week but Darling seems to be the more consistent and Brown hasn't really posted highly for a while?

Hmm, gotta play on the field either Darling or Jono Brown? Both had shockers last week but Darling seems to be the more consistent and Brown hasn't really posted highly for a while?

Surely your not serious, grab both your nuts and squeeze till you whimper the word BROWN. My god who do you think from the tiges can stop JB???

Have selwood and pendles on the bench this week so moving hibberd on. Want a mid/for to give some cover in future (have pav/fyfe forward and judd/curnow/yarran). Curnow + ??? starting this week (with judd/goodes/cotch/dal) so whoever I trade in will move forward once selwood and pendles return.

Who do i take out of Harvey (i don't like him but he's scoring pretty well), Sylvia (have never really rated him but he plays for melbourne so why would i have noticed him) or o'keefe (i've always considered him inconsistent but may be wrong)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have the inside word on Smith as the sub for hawks???

Could really screw things up for a lot of ppl using him as cover this week...

Does anyone have the inside word on Smith as the sub for hawks???

Could really screw things up for a lot of ppl using him as cover this week...

He's named on the field. I doubt he will be sub.

J Riewoldt or Mzungu or I Smith or J Howe?

Curious guys, who should I start in my defense?

D Heppell, M Hibberd, P Puopolo, A Otten

2 spots between those 4, please let me know :)

Curious guys, who should I start in my defense?

D Heppell, M Hibberd, P Puopolo, A Otten

2 spots between those 4, please let me know :)
Puopolo, Heppell.

Lots of points to be spread around the Hawks.

Heppell plays well at Etihad and averages the highest of the the 4.

Puopolo, Heppell.

Lots of points to be spread around the Hawks.

Heppell plays well at Etihad and averages the highest of the the 4.

That's the two I have on the field, but having Otten on the pine cost me my most important league match last week!

One from: Puopolo, Hibberd, I.Smith, Jacobs, Prestia
I'm leaning towards Puopolo or Hibberd at the moment... Who do I start?

I'm replacing Mundy and can choose between: Bartel, Embley, Griffen, Moloney, Mitchell, Bolton & O'Keefe (all under $475K which is what I have to play with, and the rest under that I have or am already bringing in).
I'm leaning towards Bartel, but would consider one of the others that are during a SC League Bye (thus eliminating Griffen & Mitchell).
Thoughts? :)

I'm replacing Mundy and can choose between: Bartel, Embley, Griffen, Moloney, Mitchell, Bolton & O'Keefe (all under $475K which is what I have to play with, and the rest under that I have or am already bringing in).
I'm leaning towards Bartel, but would consider one of the others that are during a SC League Bye (thus eliminating Griffen & Mitchell).
Thoughts? :)

Bartel is probablly the best out of those, but he has a bye during the pre-lim. If this doesn't worry you, go for it, otherwise Sam Mitchell.

B. Harvey vs. Rioli vs. Fyfe ?

Bartel is probablly the best out of those, but he has a bye during the pre-lim. If this doesn't worry you, go for it, otherwise Sam Mitchell.

I think I can get by without him during the prelim (expecting to win my finals). Mitchell, really?

Fyfe's shoulder worries me and Rioli is a little inconsistent and injury prone.
Harvey is as cheap as he will be and has new-found form (and will tear it up against Essendon) so go him.

Boomer: Keeps defying the critics and pumping out some great scores. However, eventually the critics will get it right and age will catch up with him. For now though he looks good. The only issue is he's playing in a generally losing team and while he can pull the mammoth scores he can also be pretty quiet also.

Rioli: Plays Gold Coast x2 (including the GF) and has good 'cover' around him like Mitchell etc to absorb some attention (like GAblett playing at Geelong). He's pretty cheap IMO for where his scores could get his price. The injury issue is the biggest factor in my mind... Will they want to rest him closer to finals? Given the Hawks' comfortable place in the 8 it mightn't take much for them to rest him.

Fyfe: 2nd year blues could start to kick in, as could a troublesome shoulder. However, he's been fantastic and it's not like he'll be dropped for a rest anytime soon given the injury crisis at Freo. However, with Barlow returning, Mzungu starting to play more comfortably and other names starting to filter back his scores could start to drop as he has to share his points. Then saying that 2 of their biggest points takers (Sandi & Mundy) are out for the next couple whihc could bolster his scoring potential, particularly in the short term.

Personally I'd go Rioli, just love the way he plays and with the Hawks flying I'd dare say he'll show the kind of confidence and skill that got the Hawks to the 2008 cup. Whereas I see Fyfe potentially getting worn out carrying a pretty hefty load thanks to the calibre of guys out. And Boomer, who knows. He'll be the Roos' most prolific points scorer most weeks but will age ever catch up to him??

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back