Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bartel Vs Boak for my 4th midfield spot.

Atm I have Bartel in there with $75,000 left in the kitty.

you would have to go the proven performer in Bartel..
Will get alot more midfield time this year, theres 35 possessions to be distributed out that ablett would usually get and geelong will win alot more games than port.

Judd and Bartel Vs Selwood and A.Swallow

Will get alot more midfield time this year, theres 35 possessions to be distributed out that ablett would usually get and geelong will win alot more games than port.

Cheers mate, and i wish i could help you but my problem is confusing enough for me.haha

Although I do believe Judd wont disappoint this year, hopefully with the improving carlton midfield he will get more space and protection when around the ball.

Selwood should receive the hard tag that was once used for Ablett every game.

Judd and Bartel would be the safer option IMO, only because we don't know how Selwood will cope with the no1 tag every week but its a coin toss decision thats for sure. Bartel also seems pretty cheap for what he's capable of, had a downer last year.

I'm struggling with Selwood or Chappy (MPP) in the mids. Almost the same price, almost the same average, Chappy has the flexibility benefit but he may just go ping!

FOLEY vs ANTHONY vs M. MORTON

Also, why is J. Brown not being considered?

GOODES vs J. BROWN

I like either of Foley or Anthony,

J Brown is not being considered because:

a) He has never played in a one man tall forward line without Bradshaw/fev and there is uncertainty to what this will do to his score

b) He hasn't played a game all pre season and is under an injury cloud

c) Other than last year he has been a slow starter

d) His scores are on the decrease rather than increase

e) He can be injury prone

f) all of the above

If you are considering him at this stage you have a long way to go to being any good at this game.

He played a fair bit as the sole forward when Bradshaw was injured or playing as a defender, and Mitch Clark is playing as a key forward this year. But yeah, no preseason and the fact he's usually cheap mid way through the year is probably why a lot are avoiding him.

J Brown is not being considered because:

a) He has never played in a one man tall forward line without Bradshaw/fev and there is uncertainty to what this will do to his score

b) He hasn't played a game all pre season and is under an injury cloud

c) Other than last year he has been a slow starter

d) His scores are on the decrease rather than increase

e) He can be injury prone

f) all of the above

If you are considering him at this stage you have a long way to go to being any good at this game.

a) Incorrect. Bradshaw missed all of the 2007 season and Brown averaged 111 points, his second best year.

b) Incorrect. He's not under an injury cloud. He had a minor knee infection over a month ago, but he was never going to play a preseason game after breaking down early in the season last year.

c) His scores in the first four games over the last four years have been:
2010: 130, 171, 141, 81.
2009: 79, 114, 98, 81. A relatively slow year.
2008: 138, 92, 28, 138.
2007: 33, 135, 95, 94.
So in three of the last four years he's had at least three games of 90+ in the first four games. I wouldn't call that slow, I'd call that pretty consistent.

d) Correct, as our midfield has got worse so has Brown's scores. Hopefully it'll be an uptick this year with our focus over the last three years of drafting skilled players.

e) Incorrect. Prior to last year, he'd played 67 out of 68 games over the last three years.

f) Well, one out of five isn't bad.

Some people aren't considering him because he'll cause bye issues due to Brisbane having both their bye weeks on multiple bye weeks. Some people aren't considering him because they don't want to risk him without seeing any preseason form. But someone rejecting him for your reasonings? Well, they've got a long way to go before being any good at this game.

Not understanding the SJ selections - Do people decide to take no notice of their entire career to date, due to one good pre-season game?

So many people wanting to take unnecessary risks this year

i would go the second one out of those two but if you could get sandilands cotchin i reckon it would be even better. my problem is
option1-burgoyne gray
option2-cotchin rioli
option3-cotchin goodes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

neither. cotchins probably another year away from breaking out and foley's too injury prone.

what about sylvia or green?

A genuinely tough one. If I had to choose it would be Green because of the safety in choosing he over the risky Sylvia, though the extra cash in getting Sylvia would be helpful.

dont ya love it when people post stuff without even aknowledging the post above them. i would defintely take cotchin over foley, silvia over green and with pav and brown i would maybe go pav but not too sure about that one. if anybody wants to answer mine it would be appreciated.

i would go the second one out of those two but if you could get sandilands cotchin i reckon it would be even better. my problem is
option1-burgoyne gray
option2-cotchin rioli
option3-cotchin goodes

Im thinking option 1, Burgoyne has a full pre season under his belt, first in a while, and averaged nicely last year. Gray likewise, has promised so long, could be a breakout imo.

Josh Kennedy or Daniel Rich?

Im thinking option 1, Burgoyne has a full pre season under his belt, first in a while, and averaged nicely last year. Gray likewise, has promised so long, could be a breakout imo.

Josh Kennedy or Daniel Rich?

Interesting one in the fact that I can see both of these players increasing their averages to be in or very close to the 90+ range. However I think that with the stronger team around him and with Hannebery and Jetta improving this year and improving their midfield I think Kennedy will be more consistent but I think Rich will have more big games. I would personally go for Kennedy as I see him and Cotchin as the only 2 players worth picking in the 300-400k area.

Mine would be Broughton or Johncock

Velour - go Johncock for something different..

Mine is

backline premo (Broughton/Enright etc) + Rookie
or
midfield premo (Cross/A Swallow etc) + Lower

Can't decide if I want the extra premo in def or midfield

Def is Gods, Gibbs, Deledio, premo or rookie, Grimes, Otten, Heppell

Mids is Swan, Judd, Selwood, premo or rookie, D Swallow, Harris

Velour - go Johncock for something different..

Mine is

backline premo (Broughton/Enright etc) + Rookie
or
midfield premo (Cross/A Swallow etc) + Lower

Can't decide if I want the extra premo in def or midfield

Def is Gods, Gibbs, Deledio, premo or rookie, Grimes, Otten, Heppell

Mids is Swan, Judd, Selwood, premo or rookie, D Swallow, Harris

I'd go the backline prem as there are likely to be more midfield upgrade options

OK - Bartel & Higgins v Kennedy & Goodes (looking for league wins so Swans are good)

I'd go the backline prem as there are likely to be more midfield upgrade options

OK - Bartel & Higgins v Kennedy & Goodes (looking for league wins so Swans are good)

Bartel since 2006 has averaged over 100 so is a consistent performer, Higgins has burnt me the last couple of years so I have just refused to have him at all. Kennedy has had a good pre season and looks like firing, with goodes no ones sure how much time forward or in the midfield he is going to spend but since 2005 has missed 3 games and last year was his first under 100 avg.
So personally I would go the swannies option.

Mine is
Option1 - Bruce & Broughton
Option 2 - Enright & Grimes
Option 3 - Bruce & Johncock
Option 4 - Rawlings & Fletcher

Already have Goddard Gibbs & Deledio just looking for thoughts on who to place in my D4 & D5 spots

Any help greatly appreciated

Bartel since 2006 has averaged over 100 so is a consistent performer, Higgins has burnt me the last couple of years so I have just refused to have him at all. Kennedy has had a good pre season and looks like firing, with goodes no ones sure how much time forward or in the midfield he is going to spend but since 2005 has missed 3 games and last year was his first under 100 avg.
So personally I would go the swannies option.

Mine is
Option1 - Bruce & Broughton
Option 2 - Enright & Grimes
Option 3 - Bruce & Johncock
Option 4 - Rawlings & Fletcher

Already have Goddard Gibbs & Deledio just looking for thoughts on who to place in my D4 & D5 spots

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks :thumbsu: I figured out how to get Bartel, Kennedy and Goodes in

Has to be the Grimes option for mine. I have Broughton & Grimes. I love Stiffy but already have Otten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back