Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobe Watson or Andrew Swallow?
Swallow, simply because he's a tackle machine, gets his own ball and kicks goals. Slightly better scorer than Dom Cassisi. But two very similar players in all stats.

ROK or Jon Brown?

ROK, Personally I'm staying away from key forwards, this day and age, goals for One player can be hard to come by. Did anyone get 10 goals last year?

I'd go with Judd, more explosive and has greater potential to score big. Having said that, I have both in my team.

Didak vs. Enright/Broughton/Gilbee/Newman/Fisher :)

Judd for that reason above, Hodge will be targetted with heavy tags. I think its harder to tag Judd. I'd be inclined to go for S Burgoyne, he's always struggled with tags. If Hodgey gets a tag, he's free to roam.

Broughton (only cos I had him last year and like his game) Scored real well. Fisher in at #2.

OK

S Hill, T Cotchin, J Trengove, J Scully, R Palmer, D Rich, C Masten, D Martin. Which TWO would you select from the above?

ROK, Personally I'm staying away from key forwards, this day and age, goals for One player can be hard to come by. Did anyone get 10 goals last year?

S Hill, T Cotchin, J Trengove, J Scully, R Palmer, D Rich, C Masten, D Martin. Which TWO would you select from the above?

I remember sitting there at Etihad last year (with my Essendon supporting g/f) watching LeCras kick a couple... And remember my (Richmond supporting) brother calling me up in fits about the coming of Roo v 2.... :p

I'm with you RE: Key Fowards too. I have Roo and that's it. The rest are the likes of Goodes/RoK (mpp), Rioli, Tippett etc.

As for the 2 I'd personally be going Hill & Cotchin. Been hearing good things about Cotchin's preseason...

Mark Le Cres? :p

LOL but I did mean by key forwards J Brown, N Riewoldt, L Franklin etc.

Mark Le Cras was just on fire that day, kicked like most of the goals from the boundry line. what was it? Like 13.1?

I do have Pavlich in my team, but he is floating up the ground. Goodsey playes all over too.

I still think though everyone is raving about Riewoldt being a must have. But I think those types of forwards might struggle for consistency this season.

Harley Bennel or Reece Conca? Conca is a handy 20k cheaper and already have Swallow from the suns in the side

Harley Bennel or Reece Conca? Conca is a handy 20k cheaper and already have Swallow from the suns in the side

Conca. Besides which, Swallow and Harris are both better GC midfield options than Bennell.

Hodge + C.Ward

or

Boyd/Bartel + L.Shuey

Thoughts?

Hodge and Ward. I think ward is due for a break out year and hodge is.... well.... hodge. Pity you cant put him in your defence.

No issue there with Boyd. But with no Ablett, bartel will get more attention. And Shuey is a little too injury prone for my liking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes+Tippet for 780k or
Okeefe+Higgins for 820k???

4 players I had last year and 4 that disappointed me.. Sorry I can't choose one of the options lol

Selwood (Mids ) Petrie (Ruck) Hale (Fwds) + 125k

vs

Montagna (M) Jolly (R) Petrie (F) + 3.3k

bit stumped on this one..

4 players I had last year and 4 that disappointed me.. Sorry I can't choose one of the options lol

Selwood (Mids ) Petrie (Ruck) Hale (Fwds) + 125k

vs

Montagna (M) Jolly (R) Petrie (F) + 3.3k

bit stumped on this one..
Ooooh, that's a tough one mate.

You got the MPP in the rucks? (i.e. Tippett J). If so then the obvious choice I would think would be Petrie (F). I've got Jolly in my ruck at the moment and am starting to think Tippett FWD & Goldstien 2nd ruck (with Tippett J MPP) will save me some cash and give me some flexibility too.

I'm liking Selwood (post-ablett) over Montagna (post media circus) too.

Strictly out of those 2 options tho I'd go the 1st simply thanks to Selwood & the extra cash.

Ooooh, that's a tough one mate.

You got the MPP in the rucks? (i.e. Tippett J). If so then the obvious choice I would think would be Petrie (F). I've got Jolly in my ruck at the moment and am starting to think Tippett FWD & Goldstien 2nd ruck (with Tippett J MPP) will save me some cash and give me some flexibility too.

I'm liking Selwood (post-ablett) over Montagna (post media circus) too.

Strictly out of those 2 options tho I'd go the 1st simply thanks to Selwood & the extra cash.

Hearing that J Tip possibly won't play much is a bit of a waste on the bench I'm guessing. Freaking tough.. eats up all my money with the jolly move.

Petrie or Warnock? MPP not a consideration.

Think Warnock is going to have a big season but Petrie is considerably cheaper.

Warnock as Petrie is a risk with his foot, I also thought that Warnock had a strong finish to last season. Watch the pre season form though.

Pavlich + Ward + Broughton

Sylvia + Anthony + Grimes

Higgins + Boak + Grimes

Warnock as Petrie is a risk with his foot, I also thought that Warnock had a strong finish to last season. Watch the pre season form though.

Pavlich + Ward + Broughton

Sylvia + Anthony + Grimes

Higgins + Boak + Grimes

the 1st combo is probs the safest bet id take the 2nd one purely as it has the most upside.

scully vs. conca?

Aw Knighta21, you of all people know that LeCras kicked 12
Convenient Amnesia mate?
LeCras's dozen embarrasses Essendon
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/17/2956794.htm

Or because he'd already been mentioned...? And then clarified to speak of key forwards specifically?

LOL but I did mean by key forwards J Brown, N Riewoldt, L Franklin etc.

J riewoldt did:p

Alternatively don't mind the actual conversation and continue on your point scoring rampage. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back