Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends who else you have I guess. Many rookies to choose from. Thansk for your input il give a more detailed Question...

Scotland & Boak vs

Gibbs & (Foley, Cothcin, Ward)

I'n not sold on Scotland, and Boak is a 50/50. RIsk v reward.
Gibbs on the otherhand should move into the midfield and score well, and cotchin and ward are both primed for big years, with ward in a premiership contending team. Option 2 for mine.

Thoughts on: Broughton vs Deledio
and Rioli vs Sylvia

Cheers

I'm driving myself insane with this:

Two breakout candidate mid-pricers
vs
Gun and rookie

Ward (mid) and Yarran (fwd)
vs
Bartel (mid) and Tapscott (fwd/bench)

I'd be going Bartel and Tapscott every day of the week. You're taking double the usual risk with multiple midpricers when you can get a guaranteed keeper and someone who will make money assuming they get games.

I actually had the same problem. I went with Bartel. Jumped off Boak.

Steve Johnson or Cyril Rioli?? My last one.

I'd go Boak. Great pre season form compared to bartel, who hardly played. Plus boak is still young and his average has gone up every year, and expected to go up even more this year.

Positional one for me.

Heppel in the backline as a rookie with Bewick (or another rookie) in the mids, put Heppell in the mids allowing MPP, and get another backline rookie (or Wood)?

Changed my mind 3 times already this week :eek:

I've gone for the MPP option for my team.

Bartel, Cooney or Boak?
Boak is the only one of that trio who isn't underdone and he is in my team. No byes for the first 11 rounds is attractive too.

Chappy, Yarran and I.Smith

Versus

Buddy, Sylvia/Stevie J and Darling
--------------------------------

I already have Rioli so if i was to bring Buddy in, i wouldn't want Smith, that's why i have suggested Darling.

With the cash freed up from Chappy i can afford to upgrade Yarran. Tossing up between Sylvia and Stevie J.

TIA

Assuming Didak's going to be in the midfield too, Montagna easily. Will probably be one of the top 5 midfielders again, and Didak's coming off a pretty terrible preseason.

I would use ur words carefully...Terrible?? He played one game and that was the NAB CUP grand final. He had serious surgery over the off season. I do agree though that montagna would be better at the start of the season. Didak will drop in price because he will take 3-4 games to be back at his best.
It was just the choice of word that spruked me up :)

Thoughts on:
Broughton vs Deledio
and Rioli vs Sylvia

Deledio
Broughton will struggle to play 22 games due to injuries and Deledio is MPP.

Rioli
Better team, better form, more upside.

My one's pretty complicated

Andrew Swallow, Jimmy Bartel + Danny Stanley and Zac Smith as bench players
or
Joel Selwood, Travis Boak + Jake Batchelor and Keeffe/Derrickx as bench players

Really stuck on this one, thanks in advance

Deledio

Rioli

David Swallow, Jimmy Bartel + Danny Stanley and Zac Smith as bench players
or

Selwood and Boak in good form of pre season. Especially Boak. He will have a cracker of a year. Batchelor will play a few games, and derrickx will play at some stage but the last spot on ur ruck list isnt really a big issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood and Boak in good form of pre season. Especially Boak. He will have a cracker of a year. Batchelor will play a few games, and derrickx will play at some stage but the last spot on ur ruck list isnt really a big issue.

Apologies I meant Andrew Swallow.
And also, its for my third ruck spot.

Still think I should go the selwood/boak option?

Deledio

Rioli

David Swallow, Jimmy Bartel + Danny Stanley and Zac Smith as bench players
or

I would go selwood and boak mate, can see boak having a huge year after completing a full pre-season, selwood will be his usual self.

Ive got an interesting 1 here

Higgins vs fyfe

selwood vs marc murph

and

stevey j vs pav vs sylvia

cheers guys

Apologies I meant Andrew Swallow.
And also, its for my third ruck spot.

Still think I should go the selwood/boak option?

Ok well that chnages everything...lol
Im a andrew swallow fan. Its much of a muchness now. I have both selwood and boak, so thats why i probabley am leaning towards them.

I would use ur words carefully...Terrible?? He played one game and that was the NAB CUP grand final. He had serious surgery over the off season. I do agree though that montagna would be better at the start of the season. Didak will drop in price because he will take 3-4 games to be back at his best.
It was just the choice of word that spruked me up :)

I was thinking "terrible" as in more "underdone" or "unlucky", exactly because of the surgery. If it wasn't for his injury I'd be a lot more forgiving.

For me:

Bruce vs Gibbs

Contemplating getting rid of Gibbs due to that rd 23 bye

I think Gibbs is good for 10PPG more than Bruce and Gibbs is one of the most durable players in the league. Plus his byes are singular and by round 23 you should have a solid 8th back to cover Gibbs for a round.

Mine is Tapscott vs McKernan

Just after some outside opinion so I don't let my own bias cloud my vision

I would go selwood and boak mate, can see boak having a huge year after completing a full pre-season, selwood will be his usual self.

Ive got an interesting 1 here

Higgins vs fyfe

selwood vs marc murph

and

stevey j vs pav vs sylvia

cheers guys

Yeah they're quite the conundrums!

Fyfe is way more unique but I'd be gong with Higgins here.

I've gone Selwood over Murphy, but that's more about team balance for me...flip a coin here I reckon...perhaps Selwood by a whisker.

I'd go either Pav or Sylvia for your final choice - both MPP and both playing for teams that only miss in multi bye rounds, so good if you're only trying to win your league. Sylvia's potential upside tempts here...

OK so what about:

Rioli vs Goodes

J Kennedy vs Cotchin vs C Ward

Fraser vs Hale

Yeah they're quite the conundrums!

Fyfe is way more unique but I'd be gong with Higgins here.

I've gone Selwood over Murphy, but that's more about team balance for me...flip a coin here I reckon...perhaps Selwood by a whisker.

I'd go either Pav or Sylvia for your final choice - both MPP and both playing for teams that only miss in multi bye rounds, so good if you're only trying to win your league. Sylvia's potential upside tempts here...

OK so what about:

Rioli vs Goodes

J Kennedy vs Cotchin vs C Ward

Fraser vs Hale
thanks mate.

ok so I would go goodes over rioli, depending on if you've already got budd in the forward line??

I'd go cotchin of the mids, purely because he has had his first full pre-season and has looked great in the nab games.

and fraser and hale kneck and kneck, hale will kick more goals but fraser will be more in the ruck, probs go fraser on that 1 although hale is DPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back